taultunleashed logoSWG Character Transfers : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 6 posts ] 
blue large dot

SWG Character Transfers : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 6:19 am

kelvmore

Total Posts: 3
kelvmore's Reps: 0
Hi all
I am thinking of buying an expensive swg account and need to know what is required to transfer the character to a new account and how safe that will make it from recall.

Thanks in advance

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 6:59 am

sike49

Total Posts: 41
sike49's Reps: 0
premium
for the character transfer its pretty straight forward and you hardly need any details, just the usual user, pass and maybe secret q/a i cnt remember.

After the xfer the safest thing to do is to get the old account banned, this prevents them from recovering the old account and trying to get the character restored.

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 8:19 am

kelvmore

nice,, I thought the names on the account had to match or billing info match or something strange like that, also any suggestion on a fast way to get the old account banned? thanks for the info

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 1:25 pm

kelvmore

well looks like at least the last names on the accounts have to match,, just bought a copy of the game and put it in my name then tried to move the character and it said the last names on both accounts have to match..

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 3:42 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
kelvmore (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
well looks like at least the last names on the accounts have to match,, just bought a copy of the game and put it in my name then tried to move the character and it said the last names on both accounts have to match..

This is correct and word of advice, be careful buying accounts. I can't even count how many people I've seen scammed by people selling SWG accounts.

Usually, they will sell the account, wait 60 days, claim there account was stolen, get it back, and repeat.

This is what my "Seller" attempted with me. Lucky for me, he left all of his original information in a ticket so he didn't succeed.

Posted: May 30th, 2009, 10:46 pm

sike49

Total Posts: 41
sike49's Reps: 0
premium
kelvmore (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Hmm honestly this hasn't caused me an issue in the past. Ah nvm I wouldn't know because i've only done server xfers on accounts that weren't originally in my name.

As for the account being banned, just start a chat session with a TSR and call him a wanker, that'll probs do it. If you have enough details you can actually ask for the account to be closed. That would work too.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online