taultunleashed logoXunleashed Server Connection --> Unstable? : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 5 posts ] 
blue large dot

Xunleashed Server Connection --> Unstable? : Star Wars Galaxies Discussions

Posted: December 13th, 2003, 2:42 pm

dikiem
dikiem's Reps:
What I've noticed lately is that the connection to the Xunleashed server connection. Seems to be losing connection and can't reconnect to it often lately.

On down side of this application is it depends on the server connection in order to stay operational. Which when the server goes down, you can't still use SWG with it.

Any way to improve this?

Posted: December 13th, 2003, 4:49 pm

Admin
Admin's Reps:
Yes there are ways to improve it, and we have already begun recoding the server to be a distributed system that operates on multiple servers. This is in the works. Please bear with us during these downtimes.

Posted: December 13th, 2003, 9:54 pm

dikiem
dikiem's Reps:
Okay...that would be nice...

The software is great and I like the mouse/keyboard recording feature. The only thing is that since it is soo server dependent, when the server is down, this feature does not work.

I am not sure why it needs to be server dependent. If it is for registration verification then it could be during the login process, but while after login usage, it should be client dependent w/o interacting with the server.

Just a thought.

Posted: December 13th, 2003, 10:03 pm

cs001x
cs001x's Reps:
It's so multiple people cant use the same login at the same time, it's the only way to keep the program anti-piracy, and since there isnt another program offering anything like this, atleast that I know of, it can be gotten away with.

I dont like it, it's more than annoying when the server goes down and my program just stops working, but it's the only way to keep development continued, there would be no development if there were no funds.

Posted: December 15th, 2003, 11:14 am

dikiem
dikiem's Reps:
That would be great. This software is a good software and it does what I need just right, as long as the connection works :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online