taultunleashed logoSWG Guide: Become a good jedi in 1 minute : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

SWG Guide: Become a good jedi in 1 minute : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2

Posted: February 11th, 2009, 6:41 pm

this_is_my_name

Total Posts: 40
this_is_my_name's Reps: 0
He means it'll make both of you stop auto-attacking, so you have to restart your own attacks but it'll be easier to do since you already know you're about hit mind trick.

And srsly? This is Jedi 101 information. If you don't know this stuff, why are you playing a Jedi?

Posted: February 11th, 2009, 9:01 pm

dicksmack

Total Posts: 44
dicksmack's Reps: 0
Ah thanks for explanation. I've always known about mind trick's basic debuff but I honestly did not know it actually stopped my opponent's auto-attack, as a matter of fact I'll bet some of my friends who have played swg since its inception did not know that. :D

Posted: February 23rd, 2009, 4:23 pm

irishone1

Total Posts: 14
irishone1's Reps: 0
Maybe add this to nerf since it's outdated guys

Posted: February 24th, 2009, 12:40 am

thorusd

Total Posts: 303
thorusd's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
yep i think it is common knolage also i think ppl were yaying this and not actually trying it.
yes this is helpfull for a jedi that has just respec but for anyone who has played a jedi for a few months would find this out.
i do use lightning when my melstorm is on cool down bt if you use it when its not it puts it on cool down
also i would recomend all you new and old jedi if you havent got your saber throw macro do so at 1 second intervals so it fires every second it help a little

Posted: February 25th, 2009, 7:03 am

indianaguy19

Total Posts: 25
indianaguy19's Reps: 0
Mind trick works ok in mass pvp but if you're fighting a BH, a good one will have your name on a /target macro. But it does give a debuff to droids most people don't realize. Just a tip.

Posted: April 22nd, 2009, 9:00 am

venegasfd

Total Posts: 12
venegasfd's Reps: 1
I want the OP to come find me in Restuss, fight my Jedi, and then repost his results here, along with changing this thread name to (Why I shouldn't post here any more.)

Posted: April 22nd, 2009, 11:14 am

winsome

Total Posts: 69
winsome's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
venegasfd (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I want the OP to come find me in Restuss, fight my Jedi, and then repost his results here, along with changing this thread name to (Why I shouldn't post here any more.)

OP posted 2 years ago. Did you consider that it might be just slightly useful at the time of the post? If you think it's no longer useful at all, maybe you should suggest it should be moved into the Nerfed pile.

Posted: June 22nd, 2009, 2:11 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
No offense but that was pretty common knowledge back on corbantis

Posted: September 5th, 2009, 11:38 pm

lord_nemacyst

Total Posts: 10
lord_nemacyst's Reps: 1
For all of you wondering about Mind Trick, there are two things you should understand (BTW, this is my first post as well =D)

1) In PvP, Mind Trick no longer causes your opponent to lose auto-attack. When a Jedi used Mind Trick on another player that had the Jedi targeted with Auto-Attack, it used to cause that player to have to re-initialize the auto-attack function by double-clicking the Jedi again. This is no longer the case.

2) Mind Trick DOES give a temporary de-buff to other players during PvP/Duels. This de-buff reduces the strength/damage of that player's attacks.

Keeping these things in mind, it is a waste of Expertise to invest in Mind Trick for two reasons:

1) All Jedi professions receive Mind Trick 1 without requiring them to spend expertise points for it.

2) Spending Expertise on the Mind Trick ability only turns Mind Trick into and Area of Effect (AoE) ability, and increases the duration of the de-buff by a few seconds. Without spending the expertise, Mind Trick 1 has a cool-down time nearly equal to the duration of the de-buff. So, by the time the de-buff has worn off you can reapply it almost immediately.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online