taultunleashed logoSWG Guide: Become a good jedi in 1 minute : Star Wars Galaxies Guides tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

SWG Guide: Become a good jedi in 1 minute : Star Wars Galaxies Guides

Posted: May 5th, 2007, 9:18 am

killerking988
killerking988's Reps:
I have studied tons of really good jedi for a long time. I finally have figured out their secret. What you must do is change your expertise so that it does not include any mind trick or force lightning moves. These are just a waste of points. What you must do is put the level 7 force lightning and the basic mind trick in with your normal attacks

Benefits of basic mind trick:

This will cause the person attacking you to not be able to use their base attack until they repress either autoattack or the mouse button. Also it creates a nice debuff. The only trick is you must repress autoattack or the mouse in order to re-attack yourself. But you know when the attack happens so it is easy!!!

Benefits of basic force lightning:

Most people throw out the basic force lightning after they reach level 25 or so. I have it now even at level 90. As you reach a higher level the force lightning's strength also does more damage. The basic force lightning has almost the same amount of damage as the level 90 jedi strike... and it costs almost NO ACTION!!!

Posted: May 5th, 2007, 11:01 am

expurt
expurt's Reps:
I agree, as do many many other people. Im going to nay this as although well written, its a long way from being a full guide,l and we could post all day about which two expertise stats we dont think are much good for any given profession.

I think this is more suited to general discussion..

Posted: May 5th, 2007, 12:22 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Agree...Nay

Posted: May 5th, 2007, 8:24 pm

errorist

Total Posts: 280
errorist's Reps: 121
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I'm going to say Yay, for the simple fact that it is his first post. I didn't see this written anywhere else, so I doubt he stole it from someone.

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 1:03 am

dirtnose
dirtnose's Reps:
Yay for the same reason as Erro

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 1:28 am

expurt
expurt's Reps:
I didnt know we were yaying things here by post count. Does that mean everyone with 1 post gets prem?

2 nays, 1 more needed for lock
2 yays, 1 more needed for confirm.

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 7:08 am

wilsorth
wilsorth's Reps:
I say Yay as well.. Good post

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 5:45 pm

errorist

Total Posts: 280
errorist's Reps: 121
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Anach (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I didnt know we were yaying things here by post count. Does that mean everyone with 1 post gets prem?

When they post something that will better TU as a community as their first post, it shows that they know what they are talking about. Also, if the exploit/guide they post is genuine, i.e. not stolen from somebody else, they seem like they could be a big help.

Posted: May 7th, 2007, 1:47 am

expurt
expurt's Reps:
Indeed errorist, but that's not what you said. For all I knew you were basing your vote soley on post count, not content. :)

I personally would have liked to seen more effort into this, and a guide on what we could possibly do with the rest of the expertise points.

3 Yays. Moved to confirmed submitted for award.

Posted: May 7th, 2007, 1:29 pm

uspqbg402
uspqbg402's Reps:
Anach (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Indeed errorist, but that's not what you said. For all I knew you were basing your vote soley on post count, not content. :)

I personally would have liked to seen more effort into this, and a guide on what we could possibly do with the rest of the expertise points.

3 Yays. Moved to confirmed submitted for award.

I agree - this is some premium-worthy info. But I also agree that this tip needs more work to be a guide.

To the original poster: could you please flesh out this guide, by perhaps giving your full, true expertise template. Maybe add some tips as to the benefits of other choices that can be made.

Welcome to the club!

Posted: June 5th, 2007, 4:19 pm

waradmin
waradmin's Reps:
It would be nice to see what expertise templates work best for this. Back during the CU and Pre-CU times it was easy to pick skills as it was just a box on a tree with the goal of obtaining all boxes. But now since you must pick and choose it seems to be a lot more difficult to get a 'good' template.

Posted: June 5th, 2007, 9:02 pm

zalaxy

Total Posts: 63
zalaxy's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Just want to point out. I did some testing and Lighting does nothing. It actually does less damage then the default attack. Just a heads up. Mind trick does work nicely though.

Posted: June 6th, 2007, 4:52 pm

waradmin
waradmin's Reps:
I can confirm what zalaxy just said, I noticed the same thing.

Posted: February 5th, 2009, 3:41 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
Yeah ive been using this for well over a year, but the lightning was patched ages ago in one of the expertise updates. Dont use level 1 force lightning its a waste of time. You can also use force cloak for the same effect as mind trick.

Posted: February 10th, 2009, 3:45 pm

dicksmack

Total Posts: 44
dicksmack's Reps: 0
Yeah I've been using basic mind trick when I can although not as much as I should. I'm not totally sure I understand, "I" also have to press "re-attack" after using mind trick on an oppenent? Could you please give a few more details? Thanks :D

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online