taultunleashed logoSWG Guides - Grind +35 Modifier bits using cybernetic arms : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

SWG Guides - Grind +35 Modifier bits using cybernetic arms : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2

Posted: February 23rd, 2010, 11:22 pm

lulzhai

Total Posts: 132
lulzhai's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Nerfed as of yesterdays hotfix.

Posted: February 25th, 2010, 4:59 am

cfcfodder

Total Posts: 46
cfcfodder's Reps: 0
premium
Okay, from what I read on this site, people were using a clientside mod to make their Droideka PSG look like a belt, sticking that into a socet retrofitting tool, and getting a socket on it. That may help, now I just need to learn how to mod (and make the arms look like a shirt or something).

This all depends on RE'ing being clientside still. Does anybody know? My gut tells me no, due to the delays I sometimes get when RE'ing.

EDIT: Can we get this moved to nerfed all the same? Two people stating it's been nerfed by a hotfix, including the author. It's nerfed, trust me. :P Doesn't mean I won't work on a solution, if I can find one.

Posted: February 26th, 2010, 10:08 am

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
That is seriously old. That was before PSGs had sockets I think.

Posted: February 26th, 2010, 1:13 pm

cfcfodder

Total Posts: 46
cfcfodder's Reps: 0
premium
Aye, it is an old one indeed. Before I started playing even. It removed the +5 defense or some such stat it came crated with, but added the socket as one might expect from the socket retrofitting tool. I've no idea if such a mod will work or not, but I might as well try it, to see if the tool can be fooled into thinking the arm is something other than an arm. I'll also try and see if legs work (which I doubt).

EDIT: If you have any ideas, feel free to throw them at me in PM or in the thread. I suck at coding and modding in general, but I'm willing to learn and stick to it. Silly devs. :P

Posted: April 29th, 2010, 3:38 pm

sparktite

Total Posts: 178
sparktite's Reps: 6
Active User > 50 Posts
Actually its not that old at all. I took a few month break and thats when i remember reading this. I had somebody craft me 2 or 3 cyber arms with 2 sockets. They added in 2 sockets total because you could have 2 sockets from a bracer and a bicep but only 1 with a cyber arm, so that made it kinda pointless for anyone to wear the new cyber arms in the update that they had recently released at the time.

Have yet to test this trick out, but i still have my 3 2 socket cyber arms, and will eventually try it out.

Posted: May 3rd, 2010, 2:58 am

r04r

premium
sparktite (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Actually its not that old at all. I took a few month break and thats when i remember reading this. I had somebody craft me 2 or 3 cyber arms with 2 sockets. They added in 2 sockets total because you could have 2 sockets from a bracer and a bicep but only 1 with a cyber arm, so that made it kinda pointless for anyone to wear the new cyber arms in the update that they had recently released at the time.

Have yet to test this trick out, but i still have my 3 2 socket cyber arms, and will eventually try it out.

How about you try reading the post? You can no longer reverse engineer cybernetic arms, and someone suggested modding them to some other item to allow the reverse engineering of them. And that last bit is rather old, it was done with PSGs reverse engineered to whatever else, so they could have sockets... Before SOE actually added sockets to the PSGs

Posted: May 4th, 2010, 7:43 pm

kissofdarknes

Total Posts: 48
kissofdarknes's Reps: 9
premium
Does anyone have the cybernetic arm to shirt appearance mod?

Posted: May 5th, 2010, 8:38 am

r04r

premium
kissofdarknes (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Does anyone have the cybernetic arm to shirt appearance mod?

Does this actually work?

Posted: May 9th, 2010, 7:19 pm

kissofdarknes

Total Posts: 48
kissofdarknes's Reps: 9
premium
I dunno if it works, I would like to try it though. Please post a link to the mod if possible.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online