taultunleashed logoSWG Guides - Grind +35 Modifier bits using cybernetic arms : Star Wars Galaxies Guides tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 24 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

SWG Guides - Grind +35 Modifier bits using cybernetic arms : Star Wars Galaxies Guides

Posted: December 16th, 2009, 2:04 pm

cfcfodder

Total Posts: 46
cfcfodder's Reps: 0
premium
This is intended as a guide and an explanation of an exploit; where such goes, I am not sure. I will be showing how to replicate the steps in this exploit, and later explaining why this process works.

How to craft arms with 2 sockets:

To start with, make sure you are a Droid Engineer. Being level 90 is a plus, although a lower level DE should be able to acheive similar results at the cost of more material.

Firstly, it should be noted what is needed for each arm. At it's simplest, you will need copper, steel, inert gas, polymer, lubricating oil, and steel, in the form of Control Units, Micro Sensor Suites, and Electronic GP Modules. Note that the quality of these materials are of no importance, as I'll discuss later- indeed, I used smelted steel, copper, etc. whenever possible, and had no issues getting sockets on my cybernetic arms. The process of making an arm can be made time efficient by utilizing equipment factories; note that utilizing a factory is not neccesary, and every cybernetic arm must be crafted by hand anyhow.

Okay, so to make an arm, you need 6 Electronic GP modules and 2 Micro Sensor Suites; to make the Micro Sensor Suites, you need 1 Control Unit and 1 Electronics GP module per sensor suite (this is why I recommend to make factory runs; large runs will save huge amounts of time). Once you have all the electronic components for the arm, go ahead and make a test one- this is to see if you *can* craft one with 2 sockets. A single PUP and a knife with assembly attached are all I have- just like crafting armor, shoot for 160 assembly, and you'll get a socket 99.99% of the time.

The RE Process (and where you probably went first)

Okay, so you've made a cybernetic arm, and it has two sockets. What now? Now it's time for an armorsmith to make two attachments for that arm. Make sure that the attachments equal a power of 35 or greater, and are of the same attribute; i.e., 25 constitution and 17 constitution = 42 constitution. Attach them to the arm, RE the arm, and viola- +35 bit! Adding a 3-4 stat loot when RE'ing makes a +35 3rd order bit in one step as well.

Why does this work? Quite simply, when you have 17 Constitution in one socket, and 25 Constitution in another on the same piece, it gets "merged" into a single stat- so we see two single separate stats instead of one- in this case, 42 Constitution. We've seen before that certain items over 35 on a stat get RE'd to a +35 bit, and the same is happening here.

Good luck folks, and get to RE'ing before this (likely) gets nerfed!

Posted: December 16th, 2009, 3:23 pm

vinnyboy32

Total Posts: 1872
vinnyboy32's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Yays or Nays please

Posted: December 17th, 2009, 12:34 am

avront

Total Posts: 11
avront's Reps: 1
Vote yes ..

I'm gonna milk this as fast as I can before it gets fixed.

Posted: December 17th, 2009, 1:43 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
Yes, this works. Been using this for a while now.

The assembly line method works for me... Make all your components for the arms, then make all your arms (I normally grind out 7-8l bags full). Get 1k+ stacks of junk loot you'll be using. I normally make all the attachments ahead of time also.. All thats left is to put the attachments on the arms and RE.. Yesterday I ground out 400 35's.

Posted: December 22nd, 2009, 12:24 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Moving this to a confirmed section and awarded 1k points.

Gratz. :)

Posted: January 4th, 2010, 2:18 pm

tindin

Total Posts: 34
tindin's Reps: 1
premium
ummmhow is this an expliot? or anything at all, the arm takes 2 spots of armor so it makes sense that it has 2 sockets.

Posted: January 4th, 2010, 5:06 pm

cfcfodder

premium
It is a guide, and it explains why this process works to give you a +35, and not say, a +25 2nd order power bit. I am unsure if it is an exploit- until somebody can point me to a statement from a developer or some other similar person, I personally class it as an exploit, based upon things like the Cloak of Kursk that *were* exploits and had been fixed.

Posted: January 4th, 2010, 11:28 pm

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
It's an exploit. The droid engineering and armor engineering professions have a massive advantage with REing now.
You're supposed to be working (Or AFKing) your !@#$%^&* off to get those 35s, put them in the tool with some junk, RE, to a piece of weapon/clothing/armor. Etc etc.

This makes it a lot faster and drops the prices to absurdly low.

Posted: January 5th, 2010, 6:19 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
r04r (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
It's an exploit. The droid engineering and armor engineering professions have a massive advantage with REing now.
You're supposed to be working (Or AFKing) your !@#$%^&* off to get those 35s, put them in the tool with some junk, RE, to a piece of weapon/clothing/armor. Etc etc.

This makes it a lot faster and drops the prices to absurdly low.

How much do 35's sell for now days? Haven't played in a couple years.

Posted: January 5th, 2010, 10:40 pm

r04r

Total Posts: 387
r04r's Reps: 9
premium
I think it really depends on the server, and their economy. But I used to sell the 35s for 800k each, and that went pretty well

Posted: January 5th, 2010, 10:43 pm

vinnyboy32

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Wow! That is a lot lower then when I used to play. lol

Posted: January 6th, 2010, 12:20 am

tindin

Total Posts: 34
tindin's Reps: 1
premium
http://swgmmo.blogspot.com/2009/12/double-sockets-guide.html

this has been copyed to here
i have seen others posting when this happens so thought i would too

Posted: February 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

cfcfodder

premium
This has been nerfed with today's hotfix. At least I used it to good effect before then. :(

Posted: February 23rd, 2010, 9:20 pm

rugburn

Total Posts: 376
rugburn's Reps: 4
premium
I'm wondering if there is a way to mod the cyber arms ingame, similar to what was done with droideka shield generators before they allowed us to put attachments on them..

For those who dont know, for a while you weren't able to put attachments on shield generators, but someone found a way to mod the droideka to make it look like a belt and we were able to put an attachment on it. Maybe mod the arm to a belt and see if you can RE it...

Posted: February 23rd, 2010, 10:59 pm

cfcfodder

premium
How long ago was this? Might have been similar to the ent buff years ago when you could have 9000 luck- a client side mod that the server allowed, as buffs came from client to client, without the server checking it in between (as I recall).

If that's true, I would doubt that would work, but I could try it if I had some more info to go on.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online