taultunleashed logoSWG Guides - How to loot a Black Sun Ace Fighter Helmet : Star Wars Galaxies Guides tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 12 posts ] 
blue large dot

SWG Guides - How to loot a Black Sun Ace Fighter Helmet : Star Wars Galaxies Guides

Posted: April 30th, 2006, 4:28 pm

cbatbh
cbatbh's Reps:
Here is a guide I wrote that helps pilots to loot a Black Sun Ace Fighter helmet. I know what it is like camping the Black Sun Spawn in Endor or taking duty missions all day for months and then, mainly the reason I believe it takes so long for people to loot the helmet, is because they do not know the best or most effiecent way to get it. Of course that is an opinional statement I made a guide that helps you get your Black Sun Ace Fighter Helmet.

What is it?
The Black Sun Ace Fighter Helmet is one of the rarest SWG loots. It counts as clothing, in that anyone can wear it. It has no skill mods, it doesn't "do" anything, except look cool/ugly (depending on your point of view). It's a bigtime status symbol, and can also be sold for many millions. I've seen them from 10-45million.

How do I get one?
It drops from tier 4 or 5 Black Sun ships. That is, ships of the Black Sun faction in space, not just the black sun chassis types. (NOTE: Black Sun on planets do NOT drop the helmet). They do not need to have "Ace" in the name of the ship, just be of the correct tier. As I said, it's rare. Some people go for months of daily hunting, and others get them on their second kill. I have looted 4 myself and have been trying to keep track of reliable looting areas.

Where can I get one?
Depending on your Pilot affiliation, you have 2 choices. A Duty mission or a Natural spawn. Some Duties are better than others, but this is the most common way to get one. The Natural spawns of Black Sun are few and far between.

Natural Spawns
There are only 2 verified places to get the Helmet. In Endor there is a spawn of 3 tier 4 Black Sun ships. It is near the Red Sin Chimera hyperpoint. The other is from the Dark Eclipse ship that spawns in Dathomir space. It's recently been confirmed that this is a tier 5 Black Sun gunboat, and can indeed drop the helmet.

The Kessel spawn
Over the months there have been occasional reports that there is also a tier 5 Black Sun spawn in Kessel. Reported to be in the Blue Nebula, people say it happens instead of the Corsairs that are there most of the time. These reports are largely unconfirmed since the servers went to an irregular shutdown schedule, there is no daily reset to see if the spawn is sometimes one, sometimes the other. I'll just say that in many many trips to Kessel on two different servers, I have never seen Black Sun there.

Missions
There are 4 Duty missions available with ships that qualify, and three of the four have been confirmed to drop the helmet. I've personally gotten 2 each from the Havok/RSF missions, and my friend looted his second helmet from the Dathomir mission over the weekend. Here are the duties, and the pilots who can get them.

Arkon's Havok Duty (any Alliance Pilot)
The tier 4 trainer for Arkons Havok Squad will give a duty for tier 4 Black Suns in Dantooine. He is in the hotel on Lok. Right inside the main entrance of the town, the hotel is right in front of you. This is the best mission for efficient helmet grinding. It is very long, pays well, and Dantooine space is pretty quiet (yeah, maybe not as quiet as when I thought I was in Yavin space, but still not that noisy, if you wish to avoid Imperial entanglements).

RSF Duty (Any Freelance Pilot, Corsec, RSF, Smugglers' Alliance)
The tier 4 trainer for the RSF gives a duty against tier 4-5 Black Suns in Endor. She is in Theed Palace on Naboo. Near the back of the Palace is a major Hall, with 3 rooms branching on either side. Dimess Imler is in the first room on the right.

Corsec Duty (Any Freelance Pilot)
In the mining outpost on Dantooine, the tier 4 Corsec trainer hands out a Capture/return mission versus tier 4 Black Sun.

Dathomir Duty (Freelance)
The Dathomir Station hands out a short series of missions, and once you complete them, you are eligible for Duty missions and 100% full repairs at the station. The Black Sun Duty is versus tier 3 ships, with tier 4 bosses. That means only 15 eligible ships per mission, but the missions are prety fast, and pay well. My friend and I do them as a source of tier 3 primary loot, and he happened to get a helmet. This is not the best choice, but it is available, for a change of pace.

Imperial's option

1. Camp Endor

2. Here is the only other way I know for an Imperial pilot to get any sort of Spawning Black Sun ships, other than camping Endor. Part of the Finding Brody Johnson Quest on Kashyyyk is a space mission for his Chiss friend. This is a multi part delivery, HOWEVER, one of the legs will spawn tier 4 black sun ships. If you wanted to use this as a source of ships to farm, you have to do the following:

Gain access to the Etyyy Hunting grounds on Kashyyyk.
Complete the Find Brody Johnson Quest (begins with his sister in Kachiro, complete guides available elsewhere) up until he asks you to help the Chiss lady.

Pick up her mission, and fight Black Suns as long as you wish.
If you want to repeat this, you need to FAIL the mission, and not continue with the Brody Johnson Quest. Its a royal pain to ride out there and get the mission again whenever you want to grind Black Sun.

Thats the guide, hopefully you'll all loot hemlets now. Lol

Posted: May 1st, 2006, 5:18 am

scubasteve4sq

Total Posts: 444
scubasteve4sq's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
great job, very nice guide. on my server they sell for 70-80 mil i'm definately going to try this.

premium for this guy

Posted: May 3rd, 2006, 9:58 am

crvtec
crvtec's Reps:
1to1 copy from the official forum

Posted: May 4th, 2006, 5:45 pm

jomarz
jomarz's Reps:
crvtec (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
1to1 copy from the official forum
yup i book marked this on forums

Posted: May 4th, 2006, 7:35 pm

scubasteve4sq

Active User > 50 Posts
hm no premium then, nice try dude.

/assasinate

Posted: May 17th, 2006, 3:20 am

simonbull
simonbull's Reps:
crap its been nerfed ive been doing these dam mission duties for 2 weeks evvry f riggin day and not one piece of loot drops from black suns anymore

Posted: May 17th, 2006, 8:57 am

scubasteve4sq

Active User > 50 Posts
if it was easy everyone would have one, just cause you havent looted it doesnt mean its nurfed, keep tryin, theres a reason why they cost 70 mil

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 8:59 pm

career_pilot

Total Posts: 5
career_pilot's Reps: 0
I've destroyed thousand's of tier 4 black suns and have never looted a helm. Oh, the injustice...

I've been told by a friend on Test Center Prime (Chapter 8, not yet on live servers) they're dropping with much more frequency.

Posted: January 13th, 2008, 10:24 pm

smileslikejoker
smileslikejoker's Reps:
I've done so many t4 bs missions it's not funny. I looted my first one last week.

They still drop.

Posted: January 14th, 2008, 6:48 am

tehghosthawk
tehghosthawk's Reps:
career_pilot (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I've destroyed thousand's of tier 4 black suns and have never looted a helm. Oh, the injustice...

I've been told by a friend on Test Center Prime (Chapter 8, not yet on live servers) they're dropping with much more frequency.

I think everything drops more frequently on TC to better test things. I know it's true for collections as the dev's have stated. Makes sense that other items drop more too.

Posted: January 14th, 2008, 11:12 pm

revjosh

Total Posts: 265
revjosh's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
simonbull (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
crap its been nerfed ive been doing these dam mission duties for 2 weeks evvry f riggin day and not one piece of loot drops from black suns anymore

Its not nerfed, the drop rate is 1 in 5000.

Posted: January 16th, 2008, 10:26 am

droopy04

Total Posts: 67
droopy04's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
revjosh (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
simonbull (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Its not nerfed, the drop rate is 1 in 5000.

And right now it's bugged... it's dropping off of other ships as well.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=577976

SOE: Never tell me the odds!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online