taultunleashed logoSWG Trick: 2 Accounts at Once : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 26 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

SWG Trick: 2 Accounts at Once : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2

Posted: March 13th, 2006, 1:09 am

rayhova2k2
rayhova2k2's Reps:
Doesn't work for me...does it still work for anyone? Did the same thing, what am i doing wrong?

Posted: April 6th, 2006, 6:06 pm

mbze430
mbze430's Reps:
I tried it, and it doesn't work... it just sits at the "Connecting to Login Server" box.

Posted: April 12th, 2006, 9:45 am

scubasteve4sq

Total Posts: 444
scubasteve4sq's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
you cant use 2 toons on the same account with this, if you have two accounts this works perfectly

Posted: June 13th, 2006, 8:16 am

gailee
gailee's Reps:
This is for those who have trouble with files and such and is not meant to be disrespectful or making fun, but a kind of step by step, which I wish I had had.

For those who are computer challenged (including me) do the following:

open notepad and type the following:
[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Then go to "save as" this is the tricky part

You will have THREE options under save as
1 is the name, which you will type user.cfg

the second is a drop down option to ALL FILES, because it will default as something else. You must save it under ALL FILES.

the third is the encoding, just leave that one.

Drag it to your desktop.

Open Programs

Go to Starwars Galaxies and open it. Drag your notepad file of user.cfg onto the SWG file it should be on the bottom.

Now open your launchpad and go into game. When you're in use tab and alt keys to toggle you back to the desktop. Then open the lauchpad again with your second account, rinse, repeat.

Toggle back and forth with tab and alt to go to each character.

Hope this helps everyone, it helped me quite a lot.

Posted: February 27th, 2007, 6:44 am

dirtnose
dirtnose's Reps:
I know this is old But it worked a lot for me Thanks

Posted: January 29th, 2008, 12:07 am

dbzcool4me
dbzcool4me's Reps:
I tried following the instructions to use 2 accounts. I have windows xp and 2 accounts. I tried using this on my computer but I keep getting this message. another instance of this program is already running. Any suggestions ?

Posted: January 29th, 2008, 5:30 am

cfdfireman749

Total Posts: 102
cfdfireman749's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
dbzcool4me (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I tried following the instructions to use 2 accounts. I have windows xp and 2 accounts. I tried using this on my computer but I keep getting this message. another instance of this program is already running. Any suggestions ?

I've been having the same problems since I had to reload SWG on my gaming computer last summer. I've followed the directions exactly as they are spelled out, and even had a friend IM me a working copy of the file (the same file he was using on his computer for multi-instancing), and that didn't work either.

Prior to reloading, I was able to run lots of instances, up to 6 at one time with no problems. The only reason I limited myself to 6 was because that's how many accounts I have. I've heard of other players running up to 12 at a time.

Why is it that SOE is so desperate to limit how many of our toons are on at a time?

Posted: February 5th, 2008, 8:17 pm

dbzcool4me
dbzcool4me's Reps:
Someone else told me of another way to do this. He said he's not sure if it works for Vista but it works for XP. He says to create another user profile on your computer. Use your primary user name and run the swg program. Once that goes through and your into game, Alt + Esc to the desktop and go the the START and select LOGOFF. Don't Logoff but SWITCH to another user. Use the newly created or second user account now to bring you to the desktop. Now run SWG and log into your other acocunt. Now your logged into two of your accounts. He said the most you can do is 6 this way. After that then it denies you.

I'm still trying to figure out that other way everyone keeps talking about but for now, this works.

Posted: March 14th, 2008, 10:08 pm

drakkun
drakkun's Reps:
dbzcool4me (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Someone else told me of another way to do this. He said he's not sure if it works for Vista but it works for XP. He says to create another user profile on your computer. Use your primary user name and run the swg program. Once that goes through and your into game, Alt + Esc to the desktop and go the the START and select LOGOFF. Don't Logoff but SWITCH to another user. Use the newly created or second user account now to bring you to the desktop. Now run SWG and log into your other acocunt. Now your logged into two of your accounts. He said the most you can do is 6 this way. After that then it denies you.

I'm still trying to figure out that other way everyone keeps talking about but for now, this works.

the second user account works on vista that much i can confirm, just the running of two accounts on one user fails me.

Posted: May 15th, 2008, 9:36 pm

scubasteve4sq

Total Posts: 444
scubasteve4sq's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
sony recently changed how the program installs, the game files are now located under c:/program files/sony/stationlauncher/swg so try putting it in there.

Posted: May 16th, 2008, 2:01 am

cuervogold

Total Posts: 1088
cuervogold's Reps: 727
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
mullen72783 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
One more question, i can be on two diff accounts with no problem, but when i log on my main char, then get on one of my alts , it works for like 3 or 4 minuets until one of em says connection to swg lost, is there any way around that?

You can only be logged into one toon on the same account. The system checks to see if the account is already on and then will kick which ever instance of the account was logged on first.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online