taultunleashed logoSWG Tricks - Running multiple accounts Easily : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2 tu winter contest 2012 nintendo wii
newtopic  postreply
 [ 18 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

SWG Tricks - Running multiple accounts Easily : Star Wars Galaxies Guides - Page 2

Posted: August 6th, 2009, 4:26 pm

crellos

Total Posts: 14
crellos's Reps: 0
premium
Hey, i need some help with this. I really need to dual log but I can't get ANY of these ways to work. The first way just gives me the " an instance of this program is already running.....". I did the cfg editing thing but it tells me I need the admins permission, I AM the admin, lol. Evilfigments way just shut down immediately. So please help me? It's quite important to me. Thanks.

Posted: August 24th, 2009, 3:54 pm

hrgamer

Total Posts: 10
hrgamer's Reps: 0
crellos (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey, i need some help with this. I really need to dual log but I can't get ANY of these ways to work. The first way just gives me the " an instance of this program is already running.....". I did the cfg editing thing but it tells me I need the admins permission, I AM the admin, lol. Evilfigments way just shut down immediately. So please help me? It's quite important to me. Thanks.

I assume you are on Vista (or possibly Windows 7). Either way, even though you are admin you probably have uac turned on which is a security feature (albit annoying), so you have to give the OS explicit permisions to do something adminy.

Try the following:

1) Click the windows icon in the lower left.
2) find Notepad
3) instead of left-clicking, select right-click
4) find the option "run as administrator"

Now you have a notepad running that truely has admin permission. You can do either file->open from that notepad instance to edit your .cfg file. Or if you need to create a new one just enter your text and save as the file (be careful that windows might append the .txt extensions on top of the file). You may need to rename it afterwords removing the .txt extension.

Posted: August 25th, 2009, 5:24 am

mrsflayre

Total Posts: 40
mrsflayre's Reps: 0
The most common problem is the .CFG file in the SWG directory is actually a .TXT file. Within a folder, press Alt on your keyboard, go to Tools, Folder Options and click the View tab. Within the list, make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked. Click ok and have a look at the file in your SWG folder again. If it now looks like "user.cfg.txt", choose to rename it and delete the .txt part.
This is a problem for a lot of people.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online