taultunleashed logoFailed to register Exhumeheper and VGEHelper pls help : VGExtreme General Discussion
newtopic  postreply
 [ 7 posts ] 
blue large dot

Failed to register Exhumeheper and VGEHelper pls help : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: May 25th, 2007, 10:51 am

figodrengen
figodrengen's Reps:
Failed to register Exhumeheper and VGEHelper pls help

i did everything in the discription, but it keeps telling me the same msg,

is it cause i run vista 64bit or? pls

Posted: May 25th, 2007, 4:11 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
yep, vista64 not fully supported yet.

Posted: June 26th, 2007, 6:29 pm

gir086
gir086's Reps:
Does this go for XP64 as well? getting the same two error messages as well as:

"A start up error occurred.
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID{ADA15C9D-60F3-41A5-8BCC-4D57CB24F451} failed due to the following error: 80040154."

Posted: June 28th, 2007, 4:07 pm

gir086
gir086's Reps:
I looked around the forums and tried some of the suggestions it finally took copying the dll and tlb files for XUnleashedGUI, XUnleashedControls and the XUScripts.dll file into the vgextreme folder and running regsrv32 on them, as well as using the openwith trick and associating dll files with vgextreme. But a few hours of playing around with it got it working in xp64.

Posted: June 28th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Want to make a full easy to follow guide gir086 so we can move it to the FAQ section to help others with this problem.

Posted: June 29th, 2007, 12:52 pm

gir086
gir086's Reps:
Sure thing. Bear in mind please, I am not a programmer. I usually just fiddle with things until they work, so I have no idea how what I did actually solved the problem.

To start, I am running on XP64. When I initially tried to get vgextreme up and running, I went through the installation guide in the forums: download Exhume, get the script debugger, checked DirectX version, checked .NET version, download vgextreme, installed everything and let the program update. I installed everything exactly as outlined in the installation guide.

I loaded Vanguard and tried to run vgextreme. The splash screen loaded and then gave me the Failed to register Exhumehelper.dll, VGEhelper.dll errors, and the CLSID error.

After reading through the various VGE, Exhume, and XUnleashed forums, I found some things to try.

What finally worked is the following:

--Install Exhume and VGExtreme per the installation FAQ.
--Install XUnleashed in addition to Exhume in a separate folder.
--After you unzip the program, find the following files in the Xunleashed installation folder - XUnleashedControls.dll, XUnleashedControls.tlb, XUnleashedGUI.dll, XUnleashedGUI.tlb, XUScripts.dll.
--Before you run Xunleashed, copy all of the above referenced files to the VGExtreme installation folder.
--Run regsvr32 on the three dll files after you copy them through the command prompt or run (For example the command would be "regsvr32 c:\vgextreme\XUScripts.dll").
--You should get a confirmation prompt that the file has been successfully registered.
--Next open the VGExtreme folder and right click on the XUScripts.dll file, choosing the open with option.
--VGExtreme probably will not appear on the list of available programs. If it does, great. Click it and select the "Always associate files of this type" check box.
--If it doesn't, go into any directory folder an open Tools-->Folder Options-->File Types. See if dll is listed. If it isn't click on new and add dll.
--Once it's on the list, select dll, click on advanced.
--An edit file type window will come up. Click on new.
--Under action put "Open with VGExtreme" and then browse and select vgextreme.exe for the application line.
--Now, go back to the vgextreme folder and all of the dll icons should be displayed as vgextreme icons.
--Double click XUScripts.dll and the program should start and take you to the log in screen.

Posted: June 29th, 2007, 7:22 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
awesome 100 points to you and moved to exhume faq.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online