taultunleashed logoMy little bot Progress : VGExtreme General Discussion - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 31 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

My little bot Progress : VGExtreme General Discussion - Page 2

Posted: March 15th, 2007, 7:15 am

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Started On the Nav code.
Ran into a snag with Math.. LOL.. I have it working Pretty good with the standard MoveTo routine However i changed the times. to give me a differnt constant. all the frame work is in place, i just need to figure out the math for the differnt angles and what to anticipate in movment.

Things left to do.
Nav around objects code (almost done)
Move all the Settings into one file for easy access.
Release pending anything New i think up.

Posted: March 15th, 2007, 9:48 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
There are functions to get the angles for you.

VG.Navigation.GetFaceDegrees(x,y) will return the degrees you need to face the x,y position.

VG.Navigation.angleDiff(angleA,angleB) will show you how much degrees you need to turn from angle a to get to angle b

Posted: March 15th, 2007, 11:31 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Thanks wyvernx, where would i find a prototype list of all the functions ? That would be helpfull.
the math i was running into was I was trying to improve the Movment code so that I could run a bit, Check the X,y,Z and depending on the heading and such Deduct a Probable (Where i should be) based on speed. Then if i didn't meet them, then i for sure had to be stuck. and if i was stuck, Excecute my navigate_around_Object() .

My problem was this.
with a 2 second Movement, running Due north on a 0 heading. I would move 1800 points in the Y- Field.
so naturaly the same constant speed movment moving south on a heading 180 yeild 1800 points Positive in the Y field. (Not sure why vanguard is !@#$%^&* backwords).

My problem was two fold.
1) When i ran UPhill for "the same constant) I would not make up as much ground. so my nav Checking code would fail.

2) I haven't calculated out the Differnt Expected results based on heading yet
thats the function i was trying to write last night when my tierdness consumed me.

basicly I was tyring this. If i head at X-heading for X time. What X,Y,Z should i expect.. then to a quick check for it.
I was just averageing it out to 80% of where i thought, although i got some numbers twisted around and a few directins don't work out excatly as intended. .Althought it is pretty crude, it works. I think i hvae the proper formula now
Distance = the square Root of ( EndingX - BeginingX )(squared) + ( EndingY - BeginingY )(squared) + ( EndingZ - BeginingZ )(squared)
Although this returns the distance i don't have any coorilation to What .1 in vanguard means in the X/y system... Right now being at work, i can only guess on stuff tonight i hope to delve a bit deeper into it. Unfortuanly I'm not the best with this type of math. so it takes me many of moons to fully comprehend it.

Posted: March 15th, 2007, 12:56 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
They are in the vgeservice.vbs file. Should have them all there, if not I'll try to double check it to add them.

See if Player.Speed helps. See if you can run into a wall and check the player's seed using my VGE API for speed.

For distance, you just do a check every second and compare your old /loc with yoru new /loc. Grab the XUFish script and look at their navigation.vbs it has code in it for stuck, movement, etc.

Posted: March 15th, 2007, 2:00 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Well i hav4e the framework in place and working i was looking to make it more robust.
I will definatly CHECK your SPEEd thing . as that sounds like another capable way of working the code
Currently i check Current locs, Then Move 1 second, check again, and givin my speed on my charecter i know i should move X-distance, if not then i hti a wall. However i wanted to Make it so It would work with one code block With all Speeds. for exportablity for everone else's sake.
Now Your idea of Checking the speed For hitting a wall is brilliant, does it check the speed i'm moving or the SPEED of my charecter as in the player's Speed based on what horse, and spells we have on us?

I will put in more work toinght I am trying to kick this out as fast as i can. but i get side track'd with New projects and ideas. heheh Which I'm sure 90% of them have been done before, but damn i'm having More fun writing scripts then i am playing ... LOL my friends are giving me !@#$%^&* for Never playing and always scripting (mostly since i'm crushing them in levels while i party and they have to grind.) ahhhh... hehehe

Posted: March 16th, 2007, 10:34 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Well, last night was i was able to once again script until my armor was broke. I repeated this process 3 times.. Although i find it Sad that I need to go to town and repair every 4 hours, I am very happy that my bot can run for 12 hours without help other then the stupid armor duribility bug problem.

I have almost everything handled now, other then a couple more functions of my nav code, then porting it into the other Movment functions so they all uses the same thing although i may not need it. time will tell.

I have waypoints, healing, buffing, Spell casting, combat. handling of aggro mobs, Handling of adds, It doesn't interfere with others fights, It Loots, It has the ability to box in an area to stay within. it has Run parameters where if they arent met it camps ya out.

Things left to do:
Navigation code: I need 2 formulas, one that translates PlayerSpeed at X seconds to X,Y units. and another that calculates the Destined X,Y coordinates by direction from origin.

Then i will start maknig It an Assisting combat drivin healing oriented bot to play with a Tank.

Then i will add full group support. 7

Posted: March 16th, 2007, 12:54 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
sinshar, you should use the log hook, and when you see the message in the log, you know its broke.

For the "player stuck" code download XUFish from the ffxi forums and it has a navigation.vbs file with full nav/stuck code.

Any idea when you plan to release it? Sounds like its good enough for me to use.. :)

Posted: March 16th, 2007, 7:40 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Check your messages.

Added User break/pause to a loop, worked perfectly

Posted: March 16th, 2007, 8:08 pm

maglins
maglins's Reps:
sinshar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Then i will add full group support. 7

Are you aiming to be able to bot an entire group? Or you talking about full group healing support?

Posted: March 17th, 2007, 12:20 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Tommorrow I"m going to go through the entire code and change a few things i need to make it so you can toggle off all the safety checks on Locations When your in Follow someone around and assist and buff, and heal mode
all of which i will need to implement.

I also need to finish up the navigate code. and perhaps hook into the chat log for some /tell support.

Its geared up right now for a cleric.. I have ported an older version to a tank format which got me to level 32 ish . back when i did it.

It seems i make it better all the time and then have to re-do all kinds of things heheh

Posted: March 17th, 2007, 10:35 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
sinshar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
It seems i make it better all the time and then have to re-do all kinds of things heheh

welcome to my world.

Posted: March 18th, 2007, 9:52 am

binafus

Total Posts: 154
binafus's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
When are you going to release your bot?

Tired of playing a BloodMage want to try some other characters:)

I really want to work on crafting instead of messing with changing a bot over for different classes.

Posted: March 18th, 2007, 3:50 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
well thats a good questionm, right now its Really Difficult to configure and its taylored towards 14+

I just finished the Buff/Bot Code =) so NOW.. I will Fine tune it to my tank.
And then Clean it up, and send it to Wyvernx for a once over =:) then release it

Posted: March 19th, 2007, 8:28 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Solo bot works fine, in pretty much every sittuation. its still a bit tricky to set up. since i have variables all over the place. I will work on cleaning up all that before i procede.

Update: Heal bot is working but crashes out After an unforeseen amount of time. i think it is due to a floating point issues in the group member heal routine. I will look at this tonight.
the Heal/Buff bot code is in a seperate file called Mygroup.vbs I originaly did this to keep everything seperate sine the Solo/bot worked flawless. And i didn't want to break it

There is now a BotMode flag 1= solo, 2 = group to let the script know which one you want.

The solo bot is really designed for tanks and melee classes. And/Or healers. right now.

I have ported over the base code of the solo bot to My tank, went off withou a hitch just some minor adjustments to a few of the routines.
1) check vitals (since there is no healing it works a bit differently)
2) the CombatHealingRoutines (see above LOL)

new to solo bot.
1) Added Some navigational checks, Max East,North,South,West. and Z axis Safety checks for things like drowning etc.etc.
2) Added Calcualted movment into the navigation code. Now it gets the current location, then based on your speed it knows where your X,Y should end up after the routine if it isn't acheived it will trigger the navigateAroundObject (). However i'm still fine tuning this as lag, Z axies and speed so greatly effect it.

Things i am thinking about adding.
1) Tell based Commands to the heal bot.
2) a better pause key.
3) Pause while someone is near you. Optional
4) actual dps
5) Cleaning up the code...

Posted: March 26th, 2007, 7:39 pm

hollowman11
hollowman11's Reps:
When you say heal bot is that something like placing your healer in a group and having it heal once the tank gets to a certain health %?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online