[ 31 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

My little bot Progress : VGExtreme General Discussion

Posted: March 5th, 2007, 9:45 am

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
MyVGBot Project i am hoping to have my first release soon. There are still a few errors. i must track down and just need the time and right debug info to catch. But currently i have Done almosyt 200+ hours of scripting time into my project. code, try, code, try, run etc.etc. here are a list of files i have and whats in them. if you cna think of anything i'm missing or should try to add let me know.. Currentlyit works with cleric and Dreadknight I have it 90% done i think for the rest of the classes, since its really just a simply change in the combat routines. and Hotkey setup.

VGSKills Object -- contains all my casting and performing skill/spells code.
-- Maintains when each skill was cast last.
-- Wraps all the casting/skill code into one easy
-- one call to PerformSkill(SkillName) is all it takes it handles the rest

VGCombat -- Currently handles all the combat routines. I have opening moves, Standard combat loop, and finishing loop

MyDebugHud -- A Hud built around Mississippi's HUD object.
-- Shows Number of kills
-- Shows time it took to kill last mob
-- Shows the Current status of the script
-- Showsthe hunting ground your fighting in
-- has Defualt debugging info, and Time the script has been running

MyVGBot -- has modified Version of WyvernX's Routines
-- has my program flow control.
-- all the standard Functions and helper routines to assist in combat and such.
-- has a few routines to handle special situations like Multiple adds, No targets, etc.etc.

To come -- Switch back to an array based targeting system.
-- add a mob list hud
-- Improve on my hostile area code (Some issues with corpses and more then one of them around you)
-- FInd the last couple bugs that get me killed ( Mostly with corpses and multiple adds )
-- Stream line the code and clean it up for 1st realease..

Thats all i can think of right now, but then i just got up. It isn't 100% effective unattended,
Damn, by writing this out i just figured out how to solve my Multiple add's and therecorpse s issue.

Posted: March 5th, 2007, 6:04 pm

xaraph
xaraph's Reps:
sinshar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
MyVGBot Project i am hoping to have my first release soon. There are still a few errors. i must track down and just need the time and right debug info to catch. But currently i have Done almosyt 200+ hours of scripting time into my project. code, try, code, try, run etc.etc. here are a list of files i have and whats in them. if you cna think of anything i'm missing or should try to add let me know.. Currentlyit works with cleric and Dreadknight I have it 90% done i think for the rest of the classes, since its really just a simply change in the combat routines. and Hotkey setup.

VGCombat -- Currently handles all the combat routines. I have opening moves, Standard combat loop, and finishing loop

-- Shows Number of kills

-- has a few routines to handle special situations like Multiple adds, No targets, etc.etc.

-- add a mob list hud
-- Improve on my hostile area code (Some issues with corpses and more then one of them around you)
-- FInd the last couple bugs that get me killed ( Mostly with corpses and multiple adds )

Thats all i can think of right now, but then i just got up. It isn't 100% effective unattended,
Damn, by writing this out i just figured out how to solve my Multiple add's and therecorpse s issue.

I love the idea of the VGSkills object. My only question is, does VG see calls to the buttonpress castspell and command line text commands to cast spells differently? IE... if you press the button to use the skill, is it calling a separate function than using the /castspell "spellname" macro's. I Know in DAOC they were able to catch some botters just by logging the command line calls.

Posted: March 5th, 2007, 8:07 pm

hollowman11
hollowman11's Reps:
Bot progress looks awesome so far. Is there anyway to make it so the bot will revive if it dies, goes and loots the corpse, and keeps hunting?

Posted: March 5th, 2007, 8:40 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
hollowman11 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Bot progress looks awesome so far. Is there anyway to make it so the bot will revive if it dies, goes and loots the corpse, and keeps hunting?

I guess i could do that... Although My plan is to not have it die :)

Posted: March 5th, 2007, 8:42 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
xaraph (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
sinshar (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

-- Shows Number of kills

-- add a mob list hud

I love the idea of the VGSkills object. My only question is, does VG see calls to the buttonpress castspell and command line text commands to cast spells differently? IE... if you press the button to use the skill, is it calling a separate function than using the /castspell "spellname" macro's. I Know in DAOC they were able to catch some botters just by logging the
command line calls.

it works Like this There is an array of objects. each object is a spell, that maps the Spell data with whatever hotkey you have it assigned to, SO when you type say, PerformSkill("Jump attack") it will Look to the object Jump attack and get the key you have mapped to it, and send it as a key press.

Posted: March 6th, 2007, 10:27 am

xaraph
xaraph's Reps:
Ahhh OK. I thought you were bypassing the hotkeys and just using the command line syntax.

Posted: March 6th, 2007, 1:32 pm

hollowman11
hollowman11's Reps:
hollowman11 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

I guess i could do that... Although My plan is to not have it die :)

Heh yeah im sure the bot will definitly be able to stay alive, you just never know what kind of random mob aggro you could get and die from it.

Posted: March 7th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Looking forward to its release. That just makes people use vgextreme all the more. We should have one for lotro coming out soon to :)

Posted: March 7th, 2007, 3:30 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
More improvments made in The ability to Pick up when we are getting attacked. and fight back.
The navigation code is working ,Although i'm revamping it to be tighter
My ultamate goal is to make it plug and play And minimize any settings that need to be changed by the user.
And foremost, its to help people like me keep up with everyone else, When we have limited play time from kids running around /snicker..

I have not logged in since Last night to check EXP progress but i am prettyu sure i have solved my Multiple mob/Multiple Corpse anomily issuse, that was springing up on me from time to time. that would ineviatly kill me. Or when People trained Variaous mobs onto me..
So, i think i finaly have it so AS long as i could win the fight Playing. i can win the fight with the bot. Reguarless of adds and such ..
Long and the short, I"M making progress daily. I just need time to watch and study it.

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 10:18 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Update: Well it seems i got almost everything working except the occasional Problem where the script thinks it is facing the mob when in fact it isn't.
I"M convinced there is something getting corrupt in the client prventing the Servicer to get the Proper value. its so sparatic and rare but is the only thing that kills me right now.

I scripted this weekend levels 21 to 26 off and on, and the only deaths i recorded were from that facing the mob bug.

New features: Z Min max axes checks , i kept finding that i would wonder into Unsafe areas and drown. So i added some extra checks for Sealevel.

Modified the are we being attacked () to include getting hit from behind

Moved the Buff skills out of the combat skills routine since the mob targeted distnace was affecting the Cast success of the buff. Now buffs are on there own Excecute routine that by passes the Mob distance check.. Currently there are 30 minute and 15 minute timers Although they can be changed for Your buff sequences.

WHats left to do.
1) Fix the facing bug. Should hammer this out soon, some how.
2) verify the aggro mob code works as intented
3) Performance enhancments

Once i get them two problems solved I will start working on the Healing bot aspect of it.
Which will basicly just pretend to be a healer.. Hopefully better then some of the healers in the game currently.

ALso, i 'm sure i will find something new to tweak on.
I have noticed that its much differnt between the Healer and the Tank
I will have to work up a caster and figure them out too at some point but currently i have no plans to support casters Specificly... although i'm sure it would be easy for someone to do.

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 1:38 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
One kinda of "hack" around it, is to check the log if a log message gets written when you are facing the wrong direction. Ie it will say something like: "you have no line fo sight to your target. Then you can assume you need to turn around.

I wish you could reproduce it consistantly so I could reproduce it and fix.

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 1:39 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Which reminds me... i had a similar bug originally in my simple necro bot. I had to do mutiple faceMob commands. I suggest you add a FaceMob command every few seconds to ensure that you will be facing the mob. That might be all that is wrong.

Posted: March 12th, 2007, 9:22 pm

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
I have face current mob commands After every Casted spell or executed skill. jsut tonight i was able to go from 4 hours before it let me die.
i'm going to watch it a bit..

Posted: March 13th, 2007, 8:22 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Update: broke the code into its own directory to make it easier to work on my 2 class bots
Dread knight and Cleric since they are a bit differnt in how they Need to operate

I managed to bot for 6.5 hours last night before getting my facing the mob bug. It is very odd as my AmIgettingAttacked() doesn't pick up on it.. even though its targeted...
I have good data that i can check out.. ( it seems that it happens when my direction in s 17 and the mob is -85 Although i'm guessing without looking at my logs,

getting closer, Definatly the cleric Bot will be done before the tank bot, even though the tank bot has been sucessfull for me thus far. i had made so many improvments to the code in the cleric(healer) bot that i had to port the entire thing over to the new code.

Posted: March 14th, 2007, 9:40 am

sinshar

Active User > 50 Posts
Well, I Believe I have fixed my Facing bug, What i did was add a Small left adjustment to the combat loop, to force it to recorrect From time to time.
I also fine tuned the Aggro code so now i pick up on getting hit always.

The only thing left for me to do is improve my navigation code. As the only problem i have now si that I kill for so long so well that i find that when everyoine else in the area leaves i find myself MILES from where i start out at and end up getting into situations where i am fighting 2 mobs and a crap load of other things jump in and i am simply overwhelmed

tonight and tommorrow will be spent Honeing down my Navigational boundery code.
then I will fine tune all the procedure calls. then Make it so its Standard, so anyone can plug in there cleric and have it work. (Perhaps any healer)
Then i will port it over 100% to the Tank..

So, Should be soon, i'm almost to 40 + levels total now with it between my charecters.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online