taultunleashed logoOfficers' Quarters: Casual raiding 2009 : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Officers' Quarters: Casual raiding 2009 : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: November 30th, 2009, 2:12 pm

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) Officers' Quarters: Casual raiding 2009
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Every Monday Scott Andrews contributes Officers' Quarters, a column about the ins and outs of guild leadership.

I feel like it's been a while since I wrote a column about casual raiding. I posted a four-part guide to making it work back in April 2008. Since then, I've pointed most people who write me about this topic in that direction without writing a full column on their questions. A lot has changed in WoW since then! It feels like the right time to revisit the topic.

First, here is this week's e-mail:

Scott,

First, let me thank you for publishing such a wonderful column. I read it religiously and find the topics and information extremely helpful. I am writing to you with a problem in the hopes you may have some advice.

Let me start from the beginning to give you a more clear picture. Pre-Wrath Currahee had a solid core group of players and we were progressing forward with heroics and beginning to enter Kara. About this time the guild began to crumble as the core players left for raiding guilds that were progressing into further content. Wrath comes out and most of our core players are gone, those that remained leave within a few months after Wrath is released. This summer, the guild leader handed over the reigns to me and left the guild to focus on school as he was returning to college. There was a drop in membership as he left (from about 100 to around 50), though the ranks have held pretty steady, increasing by a few players under my leadership.

Today I am facing unrest in the guild as folks are unhappy that there is "never anyone online". I do my best to recruit, I have posted on the official forums, setup an account on WoWHeadhunter, I have joined forces with a small guild on my server to run ToC 5-Man on a near nightly basis. As we typically only have 4 members online, we usually have to find our 5th. If they are any good, I ask if they are interested in joining Currahee (no new recruits from this method yet).

Continue reading Officers' Quarters: Casual raiding 2009

Filed under: Raiding, (Guild Leadership) Officers' Quarters

Officers' Quarters: Casual raiding 2009 originally appeared on WoW.com on Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Author: TEAM@WOWINSIDER.COM (Scott Andrews)
Category: building-guildscasualcasual-raidingfeaturedguideguide-to-officersguild-leadershipguild-managementguild-officersguilds-guideleadershipofficers-quartersraid-lockoutraidingwow-guidewow-guild-managementwow-guildswow-leadership
Publish Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:00:00 EST
Read more...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online