taultunleashed logoTotem Talk: The elusive shaman tank : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Totem Talk: The elusive shaman tank : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: October 24th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) Totem Talk: The elusive shaman tank
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Totem Talk is the column for shamans. Matthew Rossi has found himself healing endless heroics in a conscious decision to improve his healing gear before 3.3 drops. Meanwhile, other shamans are apparently doing something else...

This week, we at WoW.com have received multiple tips about tanking shamans. Several commenters linked to this post over at Righteous Defense discussing Sharicasmi, a shaman tank. I was disinclined to talk about it, first because I already play a couple of tanks as it is and because I feel like shamans have enough going on as melee DPS, caster DPS and healers. Do shamans really need to tank? Three out of the four possible roles in an instance isn't enough for them?

But then I thought about it from the other angle. Two of our hybrids can heal, tank and DPS, and one of those hybrids can heal, tank, melee DPS and ranged DPS. While elemental and enhancement are very different in terms of how they play and what they do, they're still both DPS, they just go about it differently. Am I dismissing the idea of a tanking shaman too soon? Should I be more open? In the end, I decided to let you as readers make the judgment call instead of me. If this many people are sending in the link, it deserves to be discussed.

So let's discuss shaman tanking's historical roots and why it is a hard road to hoe for anyone playing at 80.

Continue reading Totem Talk: The elusive shaman tank

Filed under: Shaman, Analysis / Opinion, Odds and ends, (Shaman) Totem Talk

Totem Talk: The elusive shaman tank originally appeared on WoW.com on Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Author: SUPPORT@WEBLOGSINC.COM (Matthew Rossi)
Category: class-helpguideguide-to-shamansshaman-guideshaman-infoshaman-talentstalenttalentsworld-of-warcraft-class-guideworld-of-warcraft-guidewow-class-guidewow-class-helpwow-guidewow-shamanwow-shaman-infowow-talent-guide
Publish Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:00:00 EST
Read more...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online