blue large dot

Crafting Bot Started : EverQuest 2 General Discussions

Posted: October 25th, 2004, 9:51 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Well, as some of you may or may not know, EQ2 added some anti-crafting mechanisms.

I got to play EQ2 this weekend, and all I can say is WOW. I really like it. Much better than FFXI, but that is me. It has tons of eye candy. There are some things that I dont like. The biggest one is the mob locks (just like ffxi) and the way they have their encounters grouped. Ie, if you pull a mob that is linked to another mob (and yes you can see which mobs are linked) you will ONLY get that one linked set of mobs. No aggro, etc. ie, if you have a pet, and you send it into the den of 1000 mobs and just have it attack a single mob, it will only trigger the linked mobs that you have targeted. It will not aggro everything there and back. I really miss some of those big trains in EQ1. Which is another thing. Trains are non agro. Ie, you can watch the train go by, and watch it go back without worrying.

But, onto the heart of my post.

EQ2 has added some anti-crafting mechanisms into it. Ie, when you are crafting, you have to keep hitting buttons as they pop up to avoid getting hurt. Yes you can die from crafting in a matter of seconds if you dont hit those buttons.

So I have started a crafting plugin that will hit those buttons for you.

It takes about a minute to get it running as you have to configure it everytime you run it. Ie, identifying buttons and button locations. I may eventually save this info so you only need to configure it if you need to.

First, I just want it to blind craft. Ie you buy a ton of regents, and then click craft until they are done.

Next, I want to add a smarter crafting scripts. Ie, so you can link scripts together to craft all your supplies. Let me explain. If you are crafting a spell, you have to craft the dye, then the ink, then the quill, and finally scribe the scroll. Now you can save steps by buying already made regents like the dye, and the quill etc. But it is much cheaper to craft everything, just time consuming, hence a crafting bot.

Thoughts?

Posted: October 25th, 2004, 10:56 am

joreallean

Total Posts: 98
joreallean's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
Sounds good.

It's an interesting approach to make crafting more interesting at least. I hope I get to try it soon too.

Posted: October 25th, 2004, 4:23 pm

devestator

Total Posts: 64
devestator's Reps: 2
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
More interesting? lol it will just be something for people to complain about having to click to much to do something simple. So people will be whining about getting carpultunel syndrome from crafting and the like. It's probably more of an anti macro attempt by sony than an immersion effect.

But the script sounds like a good idea at least Wyv :)

Posted: October 25th, 2004, 4:33 pm

execute000

Total Posts: 7
execute000's Reps: 0
premium
I really like the idea and the fact that there's 2 more weeks before game release! :D

Posted: October 26th, 2004, 12:39 pm

dameon

dameon's Reps: 0
Sorry wyvernx, but the part about mob and trains is not true.
You can pull multiple groups of mobs, if you want a huge train. If they are non agro (do not have the red line around their names) than yes, you would have to attack each group once to get them to follow you. But the aggressive mobs (the ones WITH the red lines around their names) will attack you regardless if you are already engaged with another group or not.

As far as pet pulling, I have no idea if what you say is true, but I do know that if you sent your tank into 1000 aggressive mobs, you would get every mob that he got within 10 feet of.

Oh also, if someone trains a bunch of aggressive mobs past you, correct, they will not attack you then, but once they stop following that person, on the way back they will attack the first person they come across.
There is kind of a bug with this though, if you stand perfectly still while the mobs walk by, they will not attack, but if you move even an inch, they will spot you and start attacking. I don't know if this was intended, but it works.

I've had to rest in the middle of a group of aggressive mobs before, I was in the red and they spawned right on top of me.... I got all the way to full health and then moved just a little bit and then attacked me....

Also, imo, I like the way you can see which mobs are linked.

Just a little FYI.

Posted: October 26th, 2004, 3:04 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
You misunderstand me.

I have a pet. I can send the pet DEEP into a mob lair (all aggressive) and only the ones that I target will be pulled.

Alternativly, you can also cast a spell, and it will only aggro the mobs you have targeted.

Now, if you get too close to another mob, he will aggro on you. That is true, but that is not what I was talking about.

Next, and this i REALLY HATE. You attack a level 10 mob that says solo under it. It takes you 3 spells to kill it. Now you target a nother mob that is grouped with 2. ie 2 mobs. They are the exact same level. But it takes 6 casts to kill each one. That i REALLY HATE. Now, I understand the ones that have ^ above their name, or even ^^. That tells me that they are harder than a normal level mob. To me this is too much info. A level 10 mob should have the same HP's as a nother level 10 mob of the exact same class. I dont understand how two of the same mobs when grouped have double the HP's. And ones with a ^ have tripple the HP's and ^^ have 4X+ more hp's than a normal mob. That blows my mind. In my optionion, an plain old orc should have the same # of hps regardless of ^, ^^, solo, grouped, etc.

Posted: October 26th, 2004, 3:07 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Also, I dont like the linking. I thing aggro should be area based and not link based, but that is just me.

Of course the best way would be line of sight with area based. Ie, if you move up behind a mob, you should be able to get closer before aggro than if he was looking at you.

Posted: October 26th, 2004, 8:43 pm

joreallean

Total Posts: 98
joreallean's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
It's a trade off between realism and complaints. I'm sure the reason they changed the aggro in EQ2 is due to the number of complaints they got in EQLive.

I honestly think that they took the top things that annoyed people about EQLive and directly addressed them in EQ2.

Now people may find that although it was annoying they like it better the old way, but you'll never know until you try it some other way.

Posted: October 27th, 2004, 2:15 am

Guest's Reps:
Another thing is AE spells. If you have 100 mobs on you and cast your AE. It will only effect the 1 or mob group that you have linked. NOT all the mobs around ya.

Posted: October 28th, 2004, 9:50 am

dameon

dameon's Reps: 0
My mistake Wyvernx. Like I said, I was not sure about the pet thing. That seems kind of dumb to me. But I know why they did it, remember the plain raids in EQ? No magicians were allowed to use their pets cause they would agro things that they shouldn't. Which is probably one of the main reasons for making mobs non-agro toward mage pets.

Just guessing though.

Posted: October 28th, 2004, 11:28 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Well I found out that they ARE going to add some AE's that will effect all mobs in its area. WOot!

Posted: October 28th, 2004, 12:33 pm

Guest's Reps:
Crafting just went to POT.

They upped all of the ingrediantes to like 1 gold for the ones I was using.

They better start having mobs drop coin!

Posted: October 28th, 2004, 12:49 pm

devestator

Total Posts: 64
devestator's Reps: 2
premium
Mobs dont drop coin?? ewwwww that sux lol. Do that at least drop items that can be sold for coin to merchants? =p

Posted: October 31st, 2004, 10:28 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Wyv - are you able to open up the API like you did in DAOC? If so, I'll be writing MegaBot and a CraftingBot for EQ2 if I get into it... we'll see how it goes when it gets released in 1+ weeks!

Rich

Posted: October 31st, 2004, 12:16 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Yes I can.

Woot, I'm getting help!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online