taultunleashed logoAwesome Gold Profits [NERFED] : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 33 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

Awesome Gold Profits [NERFED] : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 2

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 12:49 pm

tault_bozboorer
tault_bozboorer's Reps:
I'm not sure, but just thought of this - is there any way to use canine saliva in place of the water? Since water is the most expensive element to the fuel (albiet only 6c), if canine saliva is on the broker for 1c or 2c - you can maximize your profits even more.

Just a thought. Going to try tonight and see what I can find. Also may have my mule on the Isle get some as well to test it out.

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Jesus christ! I knew i had seen it. I just could not find that thread. Thanks for the heads up ftshark.

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 5:24 pm

tault_nwonknu
tault_nwonknu's Reps:
Yes, That is listed somewhere, on recipes board or sony's that canine slaiva CAN be use din place of water in recipes.. so, if you get some, SAVE IT and same some money :)

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 5:51 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
Any kind of dropped liquid can be used when a recipe calls for "liquid" (i.e blood, saliva, etc).

Just a reminder, vendors pay you back for the fuel and liquids (if bought from them) when you sell a completed recipe item to them. So it doesn't matter if you spend a 1,000,000 pp on liquids you will get it back. Don't worry about a few copper here or there, it makes you sound like a #%@&. For all you penny pinchers, don't forget Aerated Mineral Water only cost 6c.

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 5:58 pm

tault_nwonknu
tault_nwonknu's Reps:
If people have the money initially to buy enough parts to them take it all and do it at the same time, thus saving a lot of time, then that is great.. but, some lower level people may not have enough money to buy the higher priced things, so better off using what they LOOT so les sinitial money out of pocket..

Now, as to not talking about savign a few copper.. well, some people realize that IT ALL ADDS UP, and if mass combining these, day after day, those few copper are going to be gold, or perhaps Platinum, soon enough..

It all adds up. To let the money slip through your fingers, combine after combine is the foolish thing, not in trying to save some money!

BUT, different people think differently of course, so if some feel it is better to not save the money, great, that is what makes this world so special, people being different!

Posted: May 20th, 2005, 6:29 pm

tault_bozboorer
tault_bozboorer's Reps:
Hence, in my original post - "Since water is the most expensive element to the fuel (albiet only 6c), if canine saliva is on the broker for 1c or 2c - you can maximize your profits even more. "
Don't flame me for trying to maximize the profit - I thought we were all here to cheat the system in one form or another. If it makes me sound (because I obviously can't "look" like something here) like a (*)%&^@(&* then so be it. I'm in it to make money and more money (not to sell for RL money - but you know what I mean). But seeing as how you were quick to post that this was nerfed because you didn't get the system down right -I honestly believe you have no ground to stand on when posting a flame concerning this topic. I do value your opinion, however, I just hope you find the time to value others.
And if someone is just starting this out - saliva, blood, etc. would help them out tremendously to get this up and running.

Posted: May 26th, 2005, 4:56 pm

tault_nwonknu
tault_nwonknu's Reps:
I agree 100% with Bozbooer!

Making any extra money helps.. it all adds up, and if ya keep making a few cents more, eventually it's a LOT more :)

Oh and the Distilled water is 18c each.. If you get your money BACK, then go ahead and use the saliva.. there are also different valued saliva, and diff colors too! some is worth single digit, and some, same color even often, is worth 37c if i recall correctly.. it varies a LOT! Sure does make things rough when buying on market to RESELL! you might end up paying 2c for a 37c saliva, OR, you may think it is a highend so pay more, and it ends up costing you 12c for a 6c saliva.

Oh, and, DO NOT let people know you are using saliva to COOK, they will never forgive you!!! Sell the saliva stuff, or give it to someone you don't like much, unless a race that does not mind, then just eat it yourself ;)

Speaking of making a few extra coins, one thing I like to do.. check the market for low cost things that are NOT no-value, then buy and resell to merchant.. I see things in there, meats included [rodent, shark, crab(some)] that sell for 1 and 2 silver sometimes a little more, sometimes less..but when you pay 2c to 5c each, you can not go wrong, usually!! Some of the CRAB tricked me.. some is worth maybe 1 to 3c, and I paid 7c or 8c thinking it was the very expensive kind.. best to buy ONE from someone, then go sell it, and if it's good, go buy the rest from that stack:) Nice way to pick up some SMALL pocket change, and it also may be enough to let you buy ingredients to make a few more things, that sell for more!

Nwonknu

Posted: May 26th, 2005, 8:31 pm

tault_discoduck
tault_discoduck's Reps:
There is a way to see how much a NPC would pay you for an item by inspecting it on the broker...but it does require either packet or memory sniffing. If sombody with some programing experience wants to IM me, I'll explain how it works, I bet a app to continualy fish the broker for items selling for less than thier buyback would be very easy to construct. I can tell you exactly what you'd need it to do in plain english, just need sombody who can turn that into code. (the only languages I have any aptitude in are web scripting ones like perl, PHP, etc. I couldn't write a standalone app if my life depended on it).

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 6:00 am

tault_eskamo
tault_eskamo's Reps:
WAIT A MINUTE... wouldnt it be better to make shaped???

think about it:

crude sells back 1 temp for 6s 69c
shaped sells back 2 temps for 3s 35c each

thats one whole copper your missin out on if ur craftin crude!! EEP

hehe not a big deal but jus wanted to point that out :P

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 5:01 pm

tault_ftshark
tault_ftshark's Reps:
If you compare shaped vs crude on a time vs profit basis. Crude will result in a higer profit per sec than shaped. So it's up to you if you want that extra copper go ahead and get it and spend the extra time.

Posted: June 5th, 2005, 7:11 pm

tault_bozboorer
tault_bozboorer's Reps:
Be warned - this will be fixed on LU#10. It's already been implemented on the Test Server. Should be within a couple of days. Get it while you can...

~Boz

Posted: June 5th, 2005, 8:04 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Be sure to post nerfed when it becomes nerfed boz so we can put in the appropiate name :)

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 10:19 am

tault_rychous
tault_rychous's Reps:
it's true that crude sells for 6s, but you only get 1. If you make better quality, you get more per combine... like regular ones "fossil temper" you get 3 and it sells for 2s something... so it's really the same price.

Posted: June 6th, 2005, 7:03 pm

tault_bozboorer
tault_bozboorer's Reps:
rychous (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
it's true that crude sells for 6s, but you only get 1. If you make better quality, you get more per combine... like regular ones "fossil temper" you get 3 and it sells for 2s something... so it's really the same price.

Right, for timesake, because this will last only a couple of days, you're better off making crude tempers instead of any higher quality.

Still works as of today though. Don't want to see the update, SOE always finds a way to stop someone making a quick buck.

No matter, I've pulled off a couple of plat with this little trick...

~Boz

Posted: June 9th, 2005, 11:33 am

tault_bozboorer
tault_bozboorer's Reps:
Nerfed as of yesterday. Fossil Tempers cannot be made with any higher tier raws.

~Boz

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online