taultunleashed logoEQ2 Bot: UltraBot Version 1.0, Hunter and Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 61 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Bot: UltraBot Version 1.0, Hunter and Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info - Page 4

Posted: December 22nd, 2005, 5:37 am

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
heidrickla (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Trying to figure out how to get ub to fight along the waypoints. I created some waypoints using the ubpath script and stuck them where the other waypoints were and set NavigationType=NAVCOMEBACK is there anything else I need to set in the ini somewhere?

[Waypoints]
; =========================================================
; = Variable to set for waypoint navigation =
; = Max number of waypoint is 100 =
; =========================================================

; NavigationType
;
; NAVLOOP At last waypoint will go back to waypoint 1, ex: 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4
; NAVSTOP Will stop at last waypoint
; NAVCOMEBACK At last waypoint will come back backward, ex: 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 2 3 4 etc.

NavigationType=NAVCOMEBACK

;[Nektulos Forest Docks]
NumberOfWaypoints= 1 <=== MUST BE 7
waypoint1= 690,-133,116,50
waypoint2= 656,-89,9,50
waypoint3= 721,-198,354,50
waypoint4= 771,-215,93,50
waypoint5= 874,-220,49,50
waypoint6= 967,-291,318,50
waypoint7= 1007,-377,89,50
Numofpoints= 7 <=== DELETE

ParkBuffbot=FALSE

Yes NumberOfWayPoints must equal the number of waypoint, in your case 7, also NumOfpoints variable is not suppose to be there.

Posted: December 22nd, 2005, 10:33 pm

computerteck2
computerteck2's Reps:
prog is great ty! btu i have a request for maby a possible future enhancement..

woudl it be possible for the bot to assist a master out of group..

such as a bot that only throws direct heals but out of group..

or a tanks that taunts slected target afetr given the command...

i think this could be very useful...

as of now the bots trys to thrown the direct heals on me but wont target me becasue im not in the bost group..

Posted: December 23rd, 2005, 3:43 am

slam666

premium
computerteck2 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
prog is great ty! btu i have a request for maby a possible future enhancement..

woudl it be possible for the bot to assist a master out of group..

such as a bot that only throws direct heals but out of group..

or a tanks that taunts slected target afetr given the command...

i think this could be very useful...

as of now the bots trys to thrown the direct heals on me but wont target me becasue im not in the bost group..

I will check that but now its not on my priority list, I am working on Harvesting (almost complete), ressurection and a major rewrite of ultrabot.

Posted: December 23rd, 2005, 10:39 am

computerteck2
computerteck2's Reps:
great ty for the time.

as for soem input on the ultrabot...

works great on amd.... how ever i use the same script on P4 processor
and the offinsive bit runt liek a mile past the targets and trys to taunt

where with the same script work perfect on the amd...

i made sure all the prams are the same.. bolth are using the latest map and eq2 service :)

Posted: December 24th, 2005, 7:36 pm

max_raid
max_raid's Reps:
Just got UB up and running for the first time using only the offensive portion of the script and while, for the most part, it's doing what I've set in the ini file, when it roams for mobs it'll usually pass them up and walk in seemingly random directions. Since I'm using it on a low level fighter without many skills, I've just set it up so that it uses taunt to pull and set the distance to attack a mob at 1 (close enough to taunt or just smack it). Any tips?

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 12:34 pm

austinlh2
austinlh2's Reps:
I run ultrabot 1.0 in Offensive mode with very few problems. Occasionally bot will run off in a direction endlessly untill he is either killed by a mob, killed by falling, or gets stuck. This happens rarely but still annoying. More often the script will just end while fighting. I have not yet narrow'd the problem down but it appears that the Xunleashed client is having problems connecting every once in a while which seems to cause problems with the scripts. Well back to my request... I run ultrabot in offensive with a Conjurer solo and pull with pet attack. Since the mobs do not come close to me I dont melee unless I am jumped. After looking through the script I noticed that there is a time limit on a fight and if out of melee range for a given time it moves on. This may or may not cause problems. Also if my life goes below the heal string check I start casting my pet heal even if pet life is full. This wastes precious power and makes the fight take much longer than necessary, often ending with me dead somewhere. We need a seperate string for pet heals and player heals and have the check to see if it is our pet hurt or if it is the player. Also since pet is tanking away from the player looting is difficult since the toon stays out of range of looting. Perhaps have a way to move up to mob after engage using the distance check.

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 1:10 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
I run ultrabot 1.0 in Offensive mode with very few problems. Occasionally bot will run off in a direction endlessly until he is either killed by a mob, killed by falling, or gets stuck. This happens rarely but still annoying. More often the script will just end while fighting. I have not yet narrowed the problem down but it appears that the Xunleashed client is having problems connecting every once in a while which seems to cause problems with the scripts. Well back to my request... I run ultrabot in offensive with a Conjurer solo and pull with pet attack. Since the mobs do not come close to me I dont melee unless I am jumped. After looking through the script I noticed that there is a time limit on a fight and if out of melee range for a given time it moves on. This may or may not cause problems. Also if my life goes below the heal string check I start casting my pet heal even if pet life is full. This wastes precious power and makes the fight take much longer than necessary, often ending with me dead somewhere. We need a separate string for pet heals and player heals and have the check to see if it is our pet hurt or if it is the player. Also since pet is tanking away from the player looting is difficult since the toon stays out of range of looting. Perhaps have a way to move up to mob after engage using the distance check.

The second issue with your bot script ending is XU servers coming down, it seems they do not want scripts running without their servers online which gulls me to no end (my bots always die at this point which cause me 10min of re-setup time per bot) but they don't seem concerned. There is nothing you personally can do other than complain.

I also use the offensive mode with my necro however I learned along time ago due to mob roaming patterns pet pulling is not the optimal solution when using this bot. Not saying it can't be done, just I would not do it on any encounter that wasn't a stationary encounter. I (60 necro) always pull with a low lvl max distance DD spell with a 3 sec longer cast time than the spell says. I roam with max targetting set to 34 and have many waypoints all set to "0" so there is no standing around.

When I come to a waypoint it checks for mobs, locks on and casts the low damage DD spell to pull then waits 3 extra seconds and sends the pet (typ. tank pet in defensive mode) which casts a encounter AE DD spell and ALWAYS grabs the agro mobs (group or single). Now every now and again a mob slips thru and wacks me but I have more than enough HP to take a few hits while pet gains agro. I am not sure if your pets do the same type of taunt type actions but that is how I handle it.

As for pets and these bot programs both Slam666 and Rich are aware of the need for special pet performance controls (trust me I always mention it to them in mail) there are just several other priority ad-ons happening atm before that gets added in.

If you set up your bot to something similar (if your class's pet works like a necro pet) you should be able to heal your pet with little no no issues like your having now.

I hope this info. has helped some.

Loraik

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 1:54 pm

daumer2
daumer2's Reps:
I posted this in the MegaBot discussion as well, since it applies to both scripts (hope that's ok).

I was wondering if anybody had seen this issue before, or had any suggestions where to look to try to identify the problem:

Just within the past couple of days, I started having a problem where my BUFFBOT would not respond to some of my MASTER commands. Some would work, some wouldn't. I've tried running on various computers and with a couple different versions of UltraBot and MegaBot, with the same results.

It's kinda odd, because the commands I've identified under ResponseSequenceSTR and CombatResponseSequenceSTR with MASTER as the target work fine. The standard responses like AssistMeSTR and FollowMeSTR and BuffMeSTR don't work at all. In the log file, I can see those commands being ignored with a "IGNORING Request because not a VALID MASTER" entry following the command match. The name of my master is listed correctly (although, I've occasionally found a TmpMaster Final entry where the case of the name is changed to all lower case...hmmm)

I can't figure out why it's not recognizing my MASTER toon as a valid MASTER for those commands, when the same command works fine when under the response string setup, with MASTER as a target.

Any suggestions/ideas?

EDIT...After playing around with the preset commands some more, I'm even more confused. Some of the preset command string actually do work...the StatusSTR, StandDownSTR, and FightBackSTR work, none of the others do. Why would some recognize the master and not the others???

Posted: December 27th, 2005, 4:21 pm

slam666

premium
daumer2 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I posted this in the MegaBot discussion as well, since it applies to both scripts (hope that's ok).

I was wondering if anybody had seen this issue before, or had any suggestions where to look to try to identify the problem:

Just within the past couple of days, I started having a problem where my BUFFBOT would not respond to some of my MASTER commands. Some would work, some wouldn't. I've tried running on various computers and with a couple different versions of UltraBot and MegaBot, with the same results.

It's kinda odd, because the commands I've identified under ResponseSequenceSTR and CombatResponseSequenceSTR with MASTER as the target work fine. The standard responses like AssistMeSTR and FollowMeSTR and BuffMeSTR don't work at all. In the log file, I can see those commands being ignored with a "IGNORING Request because not a VALID MASTER" entry following the command match. The name of my master is listed correctly (although, I've occasionally found a TmpMaster Final entry where the case of the name is changed to all lower case...hmmm)

I can't figure out why it's not recognizing my MASTER toon as a valid MASTER for those commands, when the same command works fine when under the response string setup, with MASTER as a target.

Any suggestions/ideas?

EDIT...After playing around with the preset commands some more, I'm even more confused. Some of the preset command string actually do work...the StatusSTR, StandDownSTR, and FightBackSTR work, none of the others do. Why would some recognize the master and not the others???

Hi,

I am doing a major rewrite of Ultrabot, I will check that problem and try to fix it.

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 1:52 am

daumer2
daumer2's Reps:
Thanks for the reply Slam. I'm not sure if it's something in the script, or something in the game that's changed. It was working fine a couple days ago. Now, the BUFFBOT doesn't really work on his own at all...I had to configure a bunch of response commands to make him assist at the beginning of combat and follow me again after combat has ended.

Another thing that it just started doing *today* is ending the script with an error that it couldn't get Player heading. That error was preceeded by a bunch of errors where it was trying to get mobname,moblevel,player x,player y, etc. I'm assuming he's looking for himself, since the log is full of entries where he locates himself and posts his health and location. I'm not sure why he all of a sudden can't find himself. I can do a /loc and get coords fine after the script stops (not sure that matters).

I tried going back to an older player.ini file, since it had been working fine a few days ago. I had added a bunch of response commands for HO's, and thought I might have added too many. That didn't seem to help. I also tried clearing out all the other scripts from the script directory, in case there was something conflicting.

I've really only taken the time to set these two toons up for the script. I might try tomorrow with two new toons and see if the problem carries over to other toons.

Posted: December 28th, 2005, 10:43 am

daumer2
daumer2's Reps:
Looks like I got my problem straightened out. I re-installed all of the EQ2 services for XUnleashed, and everything's working fine now.

Something must have gotten hosed up somewhere along the line.

Thanks again,Slam...can't wait to see the new version.

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 2:11 am

austinlh2
austinlh2's Reps:
I ended up using the fire pet since he pulls with a nuke. The mobs are always in range now and no worries about agro. I'm paranoid about getting hit since my toon will just sit and spam pet heals and probably end up dying because he's not nuking. This will work fine till more pet controlls are added.

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 4:30 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Man Conj's must be the wussys of the summoner world! :) lol

Loraik

Posted: December 29th, 2005, 10:09 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Nevermind I downloaded and read thru the .ini file, got my question taken care of from there.

Loraik

(edited for stupidity reasons) :roll:

Posted: January 2nd, 2006, 10:49 pm

markjohnson
markjohnson's Reps:
daumer2 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Looks like I got my problem straightened out. I re-installed all of the EQ2 services for XUnleashed, and everything's working fine now.

Something must have gotten hosed up somewhere along the line.

Thanks again,Slam...can't wait to see the new version.

which services did you exactly reinstall? eq2service is the only one I installed and maybe need others installed or updated if they wern't installed by the programs automatically.

TIA

-=Mark=-

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online