taultunleashed logoEQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 8
newtopic  postreply
 [ 233 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 8

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 5:48 am

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
Hi Loraik,

Happy to see that the script is working good. I will check for the delay you talking about. I know that normaly the buffbot will do the initialseq before closing in to melee.

I will be starting soon to add harvest stuff, probably gonna take a little bit but I will do my best.

If there is any other issue let me know.

Thanks.

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 5:58 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Quick question on how the timing works. Is the delay the idle time between kills or time is spends at the waypoint before moving on?

Also would it be possible to add what waypoint your at in the info. window? This would be handy when optimizing your path so you know which point to adjust if needed.

Loraik

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 6:16 am

slam666

premium
Delay is the minimum time it will stay at waypoint even if you dont kill any mob, after the delay it will move as soon as there is no more mob.

I will add the waypoint in the window.

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 6:27 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Would there be a "easy" way to add a option in there so if there is nothing at a waypoint in range it just moves on without waiting around?

Loraik

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 7:42 am

slam666

premium
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Would there be a "easy" way to add a option in there so if there is nothing at a waypoint in range it just moves on without waiting around?

Loraik

Just set the time to 0, that way it will check for mob and if there is nothing it will move on, and if there is mob it will stay there until no more mob.

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 10:17 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I found two odd things it is doing after watching them for an hour.

1.) everytime he moves he trys to send a tell out to the buff bot to follow him but for somereason he use's himself as the person he is telling. I have verified that both Master and Fightpartner have the "Correct" name and first letter is Caps.

2.) when it reaches a new waypoint 8 times outa 10 he will do a wild 360 degree turn for no reason.

Loraik

Posted: November 18th, 2005, 11:44 am

slam666

premium
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I found two odd things it is doing after watching them for an hour.

1.) everytime he moves he trys to send a tell out to the buff bot to follow him but for somereason he use's himself as the person he is telling. I have verified that both Master and Fightpartner have the "Correct" name and first letter is Caps.

2.) when it reaches a new waypoint 8 times outa 10 he will do a wild 360 degree turn for no reason.

Loraik

1) Ok will check for the tell

2) I am trying to fix the turning function, there was one in Megabot but it was crashing, so I am trying to twink one, just need to figure the math and make sure it does not crash for wierd reason, its all about calculating your angle and the final destination angle you wanna turn.

Posted: November 19th, 2005, 4:39 am

speedtospare

Total Posts: 23
speedtospare's Reps: 0
Remove the comma after 30s. There should only be a comma after the the spell duration if there is another command after it.

Loraik

can ypu show me an example please?

Posted: November 19th, 2005, 4:42 am

speedtospare

Total Posts: 23
speedtospare's Reps: 0
Remove the comma after 30s. There should only be a comma after the the spell duration if there is another command after it.

Loraik

got it thanks

Posted: November 19th, 2005, 6:24 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
OK have a few fix's that are needed as a whole to enhance boting at lvl 55+.

The buffbot when in follow mode needs to actually be right on top of the offensive bot, So after a fight and the buffbot starts to follow he also needs to run upto the offensive bot. What I am seeing in these upper lvl zones with lots of roaming mobs is the offensive bot and the buffbot are too far apart and the buffbot gains agro in tight areas. This also happens alot with CLOSESTCON and stationary buffbot, they end up too far apart.

Also the offensive assist, I would like to see a mid fight change if the buffbot gains agro. ATM the buffbot takes a beating untill the offensive bot is done then there is a switch or if no fight the offensive assists pretty fast but if the buffbot gets an add in the middle of a fight the attention IMO needs to be directed twords that mob ASAP.

These are just a few things I noticed in the upper lvls when fighting in high populated areas.

Loraik

Posted: November 20th, 2005, 8:53 pm

bunnyhop
bunnyhop's Reps:
Lorain, I'm not 100% certain if this would work but normally as a master sending a /tell buffbot assist me forces the bot to help me out. Of course the exact command depends on your ini

Just in theory, if you have your buff bot listed as a master for the offensive bot and change your offensive bot's assist master command to "mob on me" (without quotes) that theoretically would have the buff bot commanding the offensive bot to change targets to whatever the buffbot has targetted.

This of course would only work if your buffbot has the enemy npc beating on it targetted, a small mod to the script would ensure that (ie set the system to have buffbot change targets to whatever is attacking it when determining npc to fight)

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 4:04 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
That doesn't work like that bunnyhop, awhile back I also thought that would be a good idea but it appears the whole issue is knowing when the buffbot is taking real damage and not rip. dmg or AE damage. I know this is in the works but I just want to make sure they know in the upper lvls it is a big issue, well that and XU rebooting servers all the time killing my toons....

That concept works ok if your the offensive bot and commanding the buffbot. Richy confirmed awhile back that it doesn't quite work like that for totally automated bot teams.

Loraik

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 5:43 am

slam666

premium
Ok, I think my code is working now for the buffbot to know when he is hit for real and ask the offensive bot to assist him. onna need some more testing but so far it seem to work.

To avoid confusion between my version of Megabot and Rich version I will start a new thread and rename my version to Ultrabot. So for people that wanna try my code and discuss we gonna use the new thread, that will avoid confusion.

I will start the new thread and put new code in it.

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 5:47 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
coo

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 8:07 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Posting this for both Mega and Ultra as they use the same base script.

Lewting on uneven surfaces or when mobs are in the air (dead) are being skipped. My offensive bot only lewts stuff that appear to be on flat to almost flat surfaces. No idea how this works just reporting what I noticed after turning lewting on in PoF. I almost missed out on several named Heroic mobs lewt had I not been sitting watching.

I spent about 5 hours this weekend watching them.

I would also like to suggest an additional tag for healer bots so you can select in the .ini file if it is a healer or not and if a healer they react faster to heals instead of finishing their combat list to heal. After watching for hours I notice my offensive bot gets to heal % and below but my buffbot spends his time casting damage spells before moving to heal mode. Having a healing tag would make it so above all he heals then combat when everyone is at ok health levels. Hope that makes sence..

Loraik

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online