taultunleashed logoEQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 233 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Macros: MegaBot v2.8 - Buff Bot AND HUNTER BOT! Discussi : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: October 30th, 2005, 4:49 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
V2.8 – 10/30/05

** DISCUSSION GROUP **

1) New INI Variables Added
a) Changed how the COLOR Levels in the [FightMonsters] section work
i) What level of Heroics do we fight
ii) 1 mean only fight normals or below (^ and below)
iii) 2 means fight (^^) ups or below
iv) 3 means fight (^^^) ups or below
v) 4 means fight it all!
vi) Of course it is ignored if the FightCOLOR is set to FALSE

b) GroupPercentPower (Integer 0-100)
i) How much % power your entire GROUP needs to have before you will begin battle

c) AssistSTR (Char/Special Char)
i) Assist - if not set, will use "/assist", but using a key is MUCH better, less text to the log
ii) Found under -> Options/Controls/Command Keys/Assist

d) TargetPreviousSTR (Char/Special Char)
i) Target Previous Mob - if not set, will not use it, but less intelligence in targeting
ii) Found under -> Options/Controls/Targeting Keys/Select Previous Target
iii) ** After adding this and experimenting for many hours, found it didn’t work as well as I needed, so leaving it in here as a new variable in case I get it working, but currently NOTHING is using this in script in 2.8 

e) CloseGameWindowSTR (Char/Special Char)
i) Close Game Windows - if not set, will use "/close_top_window", but using a key is MUCH better, less text to the log. Cleans up junk windows EXCEPT the Confirmation for new LORE/NO TRADE items where if you hit escape on the window, it just opens another message makes a mess of the screen
ii) Found under -> Options/Controls/Command Keys/Close Game Windows

f) ConfirmLootX, ConfirmLootY (INTEGER)
i) The game will now CONFIRM a LORE or NO TRADE looting, and I have found no way to modify the UI to allow an ENTER or ESCAPE to handle this, so the ONLY way right now is to find the YES button and record it. You have to do this even if you are using the Modified UI. If you don't have this set right, you will find lots of confirmation windows on the screen after running for awhile. Since you have to click the YES button... where is the button? How do you find this? Kill something until you can loot it AND it is NO TRADE or LORE, bring the loot window up, loot it. Now run the built in GetPixelColorDemo.vbs that came with XU, and it will show X, Y coords of the mouse. Go to them middle of the YES button, write down the X, Y coords and put them in here.

g) UseThisCharLevel (BOOLEAN)
i) Use this Character for Level setting. This is used because of a bug that the level of a char that is mentoring shows up as their original level, not their mentored level, so for an OFFENSIVEBOT, it sees things as gray as the level is computed wrong. If set to TRUE, the level of THIS bot is used to compute the level of mobs, if set to FALSE, will do normal logic of using the highest char in the group to define the mob con colors

h) TurnFactor1, TurnFactor2 (FLOAT)
i) These are for how fast you turn, set in the Options/Controls/Keyboard Settings/Keyboard Turn Sensitivity. In general, I have found if you have the slider all the way to the left, set TurnFactor1 to 0.09 and TurnFactor2 to 0.14. If you have the slider all the way to the right set TurnFactor1 to 0.15 and TurnFactor2 to 0.23. If you are over or under turning a LOT, use TestMode 21 to let the program set them for you. Turning is NEVER perfect, so don't expect it to be.

2) REMOVED INI Variables
a) NONE in 2.8 have been removed

3) The two BIGGEST changes in 2.8 are a fully rewritten fight engine and how ASSISTs work
a) I took a lot of time with how targets are obtained and how you get your next target. There was a lot of times you would not be in melee mode, and should be, choose the wrong target and pulled a new group for the next mob, etc. While it isn’t perfect, it is very good right now. Did things like strafe when trying to pull a mob with Range and can’t see it (behind something). Lots of little tweaks I don’t have time to document, but overall make it much better to fight with – TONS of hours sitting in front of it and watching the behavior, tweaking and watching.
b) Totally rewrote ASSIST logic for both OFFENSIVE and BUFFBOT. Has been tested a ton and should be MUCH better than before. The core change was based on feedback from people using the scripts saying that the BUFFBOT must go into attack mode and try to hit the mob to get procs and other benefits. This forced me to rethink how to assist. It works like a champ now, though I’m sure someone might find something odd, so please let me know what circumstance causes it.

4) After a fight, and check for adds, the bot will hit Escape() so it ensures he is out of fight mode as the bot sometimes will not exit fight mode normally, especially if a BUFFBOT

5) When you are using a range to attack working better so it puts you back into Melee fight mode when the range attack is done

6) Changed the levels of the mobs to match the new release with DoF – much cleaner now

7) Fixed it when a BUFFBOT was jumped or assisted, it wasn’t doing InitialCombat - now it does properly. Does not do this in OFFENSIVE mode as the InitialCombat is used to pull and who wants to pull out a bow when something is on top of you.

8) CURRENTLY isAttacking EQ2Service() isn’t working – so you can’t tell if you are mob stealing anymore as encounters might not be locked with the latest load
a) Quick fix – I added a check to see if a mob was 100% or not before going after it. This should work most the time to not kill steal, but I can’t guarantee it.

9) Now that mobDifficulty is working, changed the INI file a bit, so look at the help for figuring out how to setup the right levels to fight for each color
a) Added more code to the MobClass that will prevent you from choosing a con that is too high on the Difficulty and going after it, only to find it’s too high – it will now not even chase it

10) Fixed SearchForNames as the /waypoint changed from XYZ to XZY… it will now do a proper waypoint to the mob found… if anyone has any good ideas on what I can enhance this to use it for, please let me know!

11) Added a Group Power check INI variable to allow for the main OFFENSIVE bot to wait until the group is ready before pulling – see new variable at top

12) Fixed the ignores of poison. Essence shift and Bloody Ritual as attacks. If anyone finds anymore to ignore, let me know

13) Added logic so if you are using an ammo type weapon for pulling, and out of ammo, it will log out after you are done fighting

14) Added a TurnFactor1/2 to allow the program to adjust for if you have the bot set to turn faster. I would highly recommend doing this as it makes overall turning much faster. Go to “Options/Controls/Keyboard Settings/Keyboard Turn Sensitivity” and push the slide bar to the RIGHT for max turning speed. You will notice the biggest difference when you do a 180 to run back to the starting point after pulling.

Posted: October 30th, 2005, 10:33 am

kraven

Total Posts: 4
kraven's Reps: 0
Wow, lots of great changes here it looks like. Nice to see you back Rich, can't wait to try this out!

Posted: October 30th, 2005, 1:02 pm

flemer
flemer's Reps:
Nice one Rich, thanks for putting in all the work, will give this a shot tomorrow. Looks like you've covered a few things that I had found caused problems in v2.7, and far better than my feeble sticky plaster fix for myself. Cheers bud.

Posted: October 30th, 2005, 7:19 pm

hardhild
hardhild's Reps:
ok yer talken about 2.8 but were is it .. dont see no DL for it

Toadwort

ok found it a few posts down .. was looking at the stickys and didnt see it got it now thoo ;)~

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 5:02 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Welcome back Rich!

Loraik

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 6:38 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
don't forget to read the TONS of responses I did to many questions in 2.7 - you can move your responses to this thread to keep this one current.

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/vi ... &start=240

Rich

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 8:39 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Welcome back Rich. Can't wait to try the new version tonight after work.

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 9:02 am

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Reply from 2.7 thread:

richyrich (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
djvj (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
What keys does the offensive bot use to run forward when it wants to run toward a mob in order to engage?

Basically no matter what I set in the offensive options, it keeps saying im stuck and attempts to get unstuck by jumping and turning. Yet he will never run forward. I have autorun set to INSERT. Forward keys are W and up arrow.

Whatever you set RunLockSTR= to

richyrich (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
djvj (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I looked at where the log says it's stuck closer and when it says Stuck Left Turn or Stuck Right Turn, it means stuck in a right turn or in a left turn, that's the last action it was performing. As for the TurnLeftSTR it is set to "a" in the ini and must of not pasted correctly or i accidentally del it when posting it here. Everyone of my logs shows it as (TurnLeftSTR)= Code=<65>. As I said the bot has no trouble turning both ways, and it will even sometimes strafe right to left but never forward.

This still broken for ya?

Well I fixed this with a work around, seems some people's pc's don't like INSERT as the RunLockSTR. And both of mine are the case. I set my autorun to "N" (I think, I'm at work now) and it fixed my problem. Others posted they had the same issue yet some other said INSERT worked fine for them. I wouldn't waste any time on this as changing the key is enough of a fix. Just maybe post to change this key in the ini file if this problem occurs.

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 12:44 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I don't know if this has been touched on before but I just wanted to say I love how the CSRRep.wav goes from a happy go lucky warning to a panicy/angry voice! :P

Loraik

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 12:58 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Rich I know you just released 2.8 and everything but is there any chance what so ever you can incorporate a autoloader for arrows?

What I am thinking is when you use the last of your arrows I think a msg. is displayed saying something like no ammo, at this point it reads the log see's that it is out of ammo opens inventory via "I" moves to a bag (setup by x,y coords) double clicks, then has a x,y setting for each bag slot so when it dbl. clicks the the bag to open it opens a bag that is locked in place, moves to slot 1 and double clicks (which loads the arrows), marks out in maybe a seperate .ini file it can check that slot 1 has been used then runs close top window two times (bag then inventory).

After which it continues on till out of ammo msg., goes to .ini reads slot 1 has been used so opens inventory/bag moves to the x,y of slot two, dbl. clicks, marks it out in .ini file and closes windows.

I am thinking everytime Megabot is run it clears the .ini file so it is always fresh. I know that might sound cumbersome to setup say 28 slots with x,y coords but it beats only being able to pull using arrows for two hours (what my toon can do before out of arrows) then it logging off or agro fighting.

Just a thought....

Loraik

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 2:00 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Reply from 2.7 thread:

What keys does the offensive bot use to run forward when it wants to run toward a mob in order to engage?

Basically no matter what I set in the offensive options, it keeps saying im stuck and attempts to get unstuck by jumping and turning. Yet he will never run forward. I have autorun set to INSERT. Forward keys are W and up arrow.

Whatever you set RunLockSTR= to

I looked at where the log says it's stuck closer and when it says Stuck Left Turn or Stuck Right Turn, it means stuck in a right turn or in a left turn, that's the last action it was performing. As for the TurnLeftSTR it is set to "a" in the ini and must of not pasted correctly or i accidentally del it when posting it here. Everyone of my logs shows it as (TurnLeftSTR)= Code=<65>. As I said the bot has no trouble turning both ways, and it will even sometimes strafe right to left but never forward.

This still broken for ya?

Well I fixed this with a work around, seems some people's pc's don't like INSERT as the RunLockSTR. And both of mine are the case. I set my autorun to "N" (I think, I'm at work now) and it fixed my problem. Others posted they had the same issue yet some other said INSERT worked fine for them. I wouldn't waste any time on this as changing the key is enough of a fix. Just maybe post to change this key in the ini file if this problem occurs.

Are you using an ENGLIGH Keyboard setup?

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 2:03 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I don't know if this has been touched on before but I just wanted to say I love how the CSRRep.wav goes from a happy go lucky warning to a panicy/angry voice! :P

Loraik

:-) What can I say, it's my voice.

It doesn't even work in EQ2 - that was DAOC old code, but kept it there in case someone know the TEXT it uses when you are summoned. If you do, let me know and I"ll make sure the Customer Service Rep code actually does something in EQ2!

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 2:07 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Rich I know you just released 2.8 and everything but is there any chance what so ever you can incorporate a autoloader for arrows?

What I am thinking is when you use the last of your arrows I think a msg. is displayed saying something like no ammo, at this point it reads the log see's that it is out of ammo opens inventory via "I" moves to a bag (setup by x,y coords) double clicks, then has a x,y setting for each bag slot so when it dbl. clicks the the bag to open it opens a bag that is locked in place, moves to slot 1 and double clicks (which loads the arrows), marks out in maybe a seperate .ini file it can check that slot 1 has been used then runs close top window two times (bag then inventory).

After which it continues on till out of ammo msg., goes to .ini reads slot 1 has been used so opens inventory/bag moves to the x,y of slot two, dbl. clicks, marks it out in .ini file and closes windows.

I am thinking everytime Megabot is run it clears the .ini file so it is always fresh. I know that might sound cumbersome to setup say 28 slots with x,y coords but it beats only being able to pull using arrows for two hours (what my toon can do before out of arrows) then it logging off or agro fighting.

Just a thought....

Loraik

Oh, just throw that in? :-)

That is actually a good amount of new variables, testing, etc... I agree that it is needed as I run out of arrows in a few hrs too...
Wish there was an easier way to do it, but manually configuring it seems to be the only way.

It's on the list now :-)

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 3:55 pm

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Yes rich, I use english keyboard setup, checked in windows, it is english standard.

Posted: October 31st, 2005, 8:35 pm

djvj

Active User > 50 Posts
Noticed a new prob, and it happens every fight. My buffbot is always on follow on my offensive (so he is never too far to heal). Well with 2.7 this never happened. Offensive pulls a mob, starts running back to safespot. Offensive will stop and turn around and start to attack at safespot, but buffbot will of stopped sooner (either pressed back or foward and lost autofollow) to start his initial attack or healing.

Now this is a prob cause half the time, the buffbot stops too far from the offensive to keep him healed. Once combat ends, the buffbot resumes his autofollow.

It worked fine before where the buffbot would never lose autofollow....

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online