taultunleashed logoEQ2Extreme with Exhume : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 9
newtopic  postreply
 [ 252 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Extreme with Exhume : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 9

Posted: November 29th, 2007, 12:07 am

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
New version of EQ2Extreme 1.2 posted to GForge.

A lot of exception handling and logging have been added, so give the script owners time to update before installing this version.

EQ2.GetUIObject has been changes to EQ2.GetUIObjects returning a collection.

Posted: December 24th, 2007, 12:11 pm

eliwitt
eliwitt's Reps:
Trying to reinstall EQ2Extreme;

"This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic."

What the !@#$%^&*?

I'm trying to do a ground up reinstall of EQ2 Extreme and the radar because all of a sudden last night, as soon as I start the radar app or EQ2Extreme, EQ2 throttled down to less than 1 FPS, problem went away as soon as I closed either of them.
It happened quite suddenly too;

*harvesting w/ radar open
*another random crash
*restart radar
*massive preformance degradation starts

No settings have been changed in my system, and that's using a fresh installer off gforge for both, the EQ2ExtremeRadar.msi package worked just fine, but I get that dumb error trying to reinstall EQ2Extreme?

Did Sony change somthing? Because not only now will the radar still not work properly, bot on my other PC suddenly is broken as well, it will pick up grp members, but won't initiate combat..

Posted: December 27th, 2007, 5:26 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
I haven't noticed any problems here. Are you using the 12/13 build?

Posted: December 31st, 2007, 12:58 pm

eliwitt
eliwitt's Reps:
Aye, both installers where pulled off gforge when I tried the reinstall.

-EDIT-

Just attempted a fresh re-install on my 2nd PC as well, which worked fine from the installers on my PC, so I went thru my registry, removed anything with the str "EQ2" that wasn't one of Sony's keys, and now both installers work fine.

A suggestion;

Use file checking instead of using the registry to determine if EQ2Extreme is still installed. I doubt everyone here has the knowlegde to go around blindly deleting registry keys and not screw somthing up, and this isn't an ideal world, not all un-installs will be done 100% perfect.

What if some new computer-iliterate person comes along, has a problem and computer freezes after keys have been created on install but files aren't installed?

He'd have to reinsall OS to fix that...

Posted: December 31st, 2007, 3:45 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
I'm not using a custom installer and I agree, the Visual Studio Setup projects leave a lot to be desired.

If I have time I may put in an update engine similar to WyvernX's products. But it might have to wait until the managed port.

Posted: January 11th, 2008, 12:03 am

xanadin

Total Posts: 10
xanadin's Reps: 0
Having an issue getting EQ2ExtremeService working from inside of a C# app.

When I try to create the EQClass object it gives me a COM error (really a Win32 error - 998 "Invalid access to memory").

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong here?

Environment:
Vista x64 (compiling as x86 though)
Visual Studio 2008
Running as STA (MTA made no difference)

Here is the exception information in a MB...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: January 11th, 2008, 6:37 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Due to the encryption and old runtimes the COM component isn't DEP compatible, which is an issue with Vista + .NET 2.0 SP1 and later. You can try clearing the IMAGE_DLLCHARACTERISTICS_NX_COMPAT flag in the binary but being a non-standard PE image it may not work.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ed_maurer/archive ... piler.aspx

Posted: January 11th, 2008, 10:53 pm

xanadin

AHHH!

Figured it was something like that. I debugged down into the ldr and found a pushad op that was generating an AV.

Thanks for the link. I'll see if I can get it working.

Posted: January 11th, 2008, 11:27 pm

xanadin

Looks like that is a no go. I could probably get it working, but I don't want to have to go through and edit a bunch of framework binaries (throwing those CRCs off could really upset future updates).

Is it possible for you to recompile it in a NX compatible manner? I understand if your obfuscation techniques are incompatible with DEP, but I happen to like C# a lot more than VB, and would love to get cracking at some programs. I've already written a great crafting bot built on someone elses script I found on here. Need to tweak the UI a bit and I plan on submitting it. I noticed a lot of features of this library I would have like to have used...

So yeah, DEP compatible plz? :)

Posted: January 12th, 2008, 8:11 am

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Unfortunately I don't think it is possible with the old VB6 code. I have a managed library in the works as a replacement but it is slow going so far.

Posted: January 22nd, 2008, 9:36 am

ebarana

Total Posts: 280
ebarana's Reps: 6
Million Dollar Member
premium
first of all, i am quite new to the scripting and programming. with the help of some others we fixed the heal/dps bot from Beowolf to work with the current eq version.
I really like that bot (as i cant get all the XU stuff running and also prefer external progs) and would like to add just one simple (but obviously not) thing.
It should check and heal the pet of the MA. i usually duo with my petclass (conjurer) and healer. heals my main (MA) great but doesnt check and heal pet (of course).
unfortunately i cant find anything in those .gamedata values except what looks like your own pet. other group members pets seem to be in the mob information but i have no clue how to identify the MAs pet and check its stats. ok, i could target him with 3 keys i send but i assume thats extremely slow and inefficient.
is there any other way to go for that (and remember, i am really noob on this :oops: )

Posted: January 22nd, 2008, 4:29 pm

gheezer
gheezer's Reps:
Currently I do not think there is a way to figure out who pets belong to. Submit a feature request in the GForge EQ2Extreme section and I will see if I can find information in the mob data.

Posted: January 22nd, 2008, 11:36 pm

ebarana

Million Dollar Member
premium
thx for the quick reply, thats what i thought.

so maybe to make it quick and dirty i can add the petname manually into the script so at least i can identify the mob. but how do i read that mob's health data? do i have to target him all the time or is it readable from somewhere else (and if yes, how)?

Posted: January 29th, 2008, 4:08 am

ebarana

Million Dollar Member
premium
Gheezer (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Currently I do not think there is a way to figure out who pets belong to. Submit a feature request in the GForge EQ2Extreme section and I will see if I can find information in the mob data.

would love to, but after entering registration on GForge and clicking on the confirmation email that first login page keeps telling me "cant reach user"
so i cant complete my registration there or post anything.

Posted: February 17th, 2008, 2:19 am

fatalshrooms
fatalshrooms's Reps:
Okay, so far Ive tried so many different approaches to automating EQ2 for the lower levels. I even spent 2 weeks making an AutiIt script that read pixel colors to retrieve important info, but now I'm having fun and want something less crude.
So here I am before your promising script, and btw I'm so glad you took the time to isolate all these very sexy variables from the EQ class.
Anyways, heres where I'm stuck.
This sub occurs when its time to get down to business, but my bot doesn't know when to quit! Its meant to cycle through keys 1-8 until the fight ends and yes I know its quite simple...
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
Sub Kill ()
    Dim Attackloop
    Attackloop = 1
    Do
        Send Attackloop
        Sleep (1800)
        Attackloop = Attackloop + 1
        If Attackloop = 8 Then
            Attackloop = 1
        Else
        End If
    Loop Until' I don't know what I should use to flag that the target is dead
End Sub

I was thinking of using something I found in EQ2ExtremeTest, Root.Gamedata.Target.Window I found that under Dynamic Data
Could I use that to determine whether or not I have something targeted and thus flagging the end of a fight? And if so how can I call upon it? I'm so confused! Thank you for reading this and even considering helping me! :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online