taultunleashed logo‘EQ2MegaBot’ v2.1 Released - Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 43 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

‘EQ2MegaBot’ v2.1 Released - Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: February 27th, 2005, 5:06 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
I'll look into the heal/fight sequence. Tell me how you engage as you said you use the bot a the tank? Usually there is not targetting of the monster as it assumes your other char (who you are actually playing) is the tank and it has you targetted, so since an offensive spell cast on a person being attacked is cast on the mob, it works fine. I think you are using it a bit different, so if you can describe your engagement a little more, will help me recreate it.

On the function keys, good catch - just a oversight, will be fixed.

On the CombatSeq - it was designed to have all things on one QB. When I designed the response strings class, I added the ability to change QB's, but haven't gone back and changed how the original sequences worked, so right now, all have to be on the same QB.

Rich

Posted: February 27th, 2005, 9:38 am

anthemgamer
anthemgamer's Reps:
The targeting problem happens when I try to use the script while I am not in a group. I park my character in the path of a wandering aggro mob and when they attack me, it goes in to fight back mode and starts nuking away. When it comes time to heal myself, it does that perfectly, but after the heal is done, it doesn't target back to the mob, it leaves myself targeted and starts trying to cast the nuke spells.
I haven't tested this in a group but it seems kind of like the same problem where one person requests a heal, and when the next person requests one it heals the first person again because it didn't change targets.

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 7:03 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Ok - got it.

So you are using it as a hunter bot in a way, which I haven't finished "testing" - on the list to go through and get working clean.

The command buffer is almost done, which will fix the problem of a group of masters asking for heals.

Keep the feedback coming - thank you,
Rich

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 8:56 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
I gotta say Rich, great bot =) Been playing around with it and its great, I wouldn't really know what to suggest or what feedack to give accept that its awsome! But if I get any ideas or feedback you can use I'll be sure to post.

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 10:47 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Thanks Rare! - in playing with it, I'm sure you will find something :-)

Posted: February 28th, 2005, 11:18 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Hey richy -

I was hoping you could take a look at a log file for me if you have time. In reading over the replies to this message. I took the example you said about auto-recasting spectral guard during battle but it does not seem to re-cast. I set it as the first thing I cast in the InitialCombatSequence1STR. And it will cast it on me but not when it wears off. I did set up the response correctly as far as I can tell in the .ini file under CombatResponseSequenceSTR. When was taking a look at the log file. I think it was picking up on the fact that it has worn off but was not recasting for some reason. There does not seem to be any obvious errors to me and I'm totally stumped.

Here is how I setup the combat response variable in the .ini file

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
CombatResponseSequenceSTR=spectral guard disappears,qb1,Spectral Guard,1,2s,6s,MASTER

In the log when I see the buff wear off in combat what happens is it says
**response string Match on [spectral guard disappears]
Is cast on MASTER command, but no one said the request

It then goes on to list everything's health and power. I think what that means is a master didn't drop a tell saying, "spectral guard disappears". I have yet to test this theroy though I will in a minute. Just in case the health and power variables had anything to do with this I set them to 0 it was the same. Originally, I was trying TARGET instead of MASTER with the same problem.

Not too sure any help would be appreciated. Thx

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 1:00 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Rich, alot of time when I start my bot script, it sits there and rings like a telephone, what the heck is that? lol.

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 4:55 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
mally - there are some problems with the "master" logic in the current version, I've been working out the kinks and am very close to releasing a new version with all new command buffer and master logic. The error about no Master is a piece of that - so the new version might fix it. You can still email me your log and I'll take a look at it - I'm good at looking at log files to figure things out :-)

Rich

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 4:56 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Rarespawn - I have no idea what you are talking about? Send me a log... I've never seen that behaviour??

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 6:13 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Ok I don't have any mob listed to search for, but sometimes just as I'm running, it will play the ding.wav like it found a mob I am looking for. No biggie tho I just comented the code in SearchForMobNames() out since I don't use that anyways. If you still want the logs to troubleshoot it just lemme know.

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 10:29 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
ohhh - hmmmm. ahhhhh

I had just started working on that function, so might not work if the list is empty - good catch - I'll look at it.

Rich

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 10:34 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
mally42";p="57060 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Hey richy -

I was hoping you could take a look at a log file for me if you have time. In reading over the replies to this message. I took the example you said about auto-recasting spectral guard during battle but it does not seem to re-cast. I set it as the first thing I cast in the InitialCombatSequence1STR. And it will cast it on me but not when it wears off. I did set up the response correctly as far as I can tell in the .ini file under CombatResponseSequenceSTR. When was taking a look at the log file. I think it was picking up on the fact that it has worn off but was not recasting for some reason. There does not seem to be any obvious errors to me and I'm totally stumped.

Here is how I setup the combat response variable in the .ini file

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
CombatResponseSequenceSTR=spectral guard disappears,qb1,Spectral Guard,1,2s,6s,MASTER

In the log when I see the buff wear off in combat what happens is it says
**response string Match on [spectral guard disappears]
Is cast on MASTER command, but no one said the request

It then goes on to list everything's health and power. I think what that means is a master didn't drop a tell saying, "spectral guard disappears". I have yet to test this theroy though I will in a minute. Just in case the health and power variables had anything to do with this I set them to 0 it was the same. Originally, I was trying TARGET instead of MASTER with the same problem.

Not too sure any help would be appreciated. Thx

Mally - I thought about it again and know why it is not working for you.

When you are responding to text that wasn't sent with a tell - ie. from a master, the MASTER mode isn't going to work as it doesn't know who the "master" is that send the message since it was just a generic string match. If you either change it to NONE or TARGET, it would work fine and cast it on whoever is your main FIGHT partner since you already have them targetted during the fight. See if that works for you. If you need to cast it on yourself (ie. the bot), then set to YOURSELF, but right now, I don't think the logic is set to retarget the other person who is the tank, but easy to fix in the next version.

Send me some feedback on it when you test it.

Rich

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 11:46 pm

mally42
mally42's Reps:
I tried it wil TARGET originally. However, I did not try it with NONE. I'll give it a shot. Oh and I can confirm the telelphone ring is happening on occasion over here. I'll let ya know if NONE works. I'm going to bed now. =p

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 10:55 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
rich, I can't use any spells on the = key, and I think also the - key (last 2 spell slots). Here is that section of the log.

3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM: Sequence LOAD [BeforeCombatSequence1]
3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM: KeyToTranslate (qb)=<1> Code=<49>
3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM: StartTimer(Action Recast Timer: Bramblecoat) SET: -1.0 seconds
3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM: *** ERROR: TranslateKey() Invalid key String (ActionClass.Load(Bramblecoat)) -> <=>
3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM: ERROR: Invalid Key to Translate - check sequence out
3/2/2005 1:38:39 PM: ERROR loading ActionClass - check sequence out

and here is the string for that section:

BeforeCombatSequence1STR=qb1,Bramblecoat,=,3s,4s,Numbing Spores,-,2s,9s

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 11:15 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
I can't use any spells on the = key, and I think also the - key (last 2 spell slots). Here is that section of the log.

I had the same problem I'm pretty sure that it only works on 0-9 atm. It would be nice to get those 2 extra keys in there. What I have done to work around that. Is I've setup qb1-4 in a very specific way to accomdate the bot. Then I use qb5-9 when I play without the bot.

Rich- NONE did work every now and then. Seems like the 1st time it wears off the bot will recast but not after unless I engage another target. I'm going to work on setting up a combat response for when DoT's wear off too and see how that works too.

Thanks for the sugestion and can't wait for 2.2 to come out :)

EDIT: DoT recasts are pretty cool too!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online