taultunleashed logo‘EQ2MegaBot’ v2.1 Released - Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 43 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

‘EQ2MegaBot’ v2.1 Released - Buff Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: February 20th, 2005, 9:21 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
‘EQ2MegaBot’ - By RichyRich (richyrich@toadmail.com)
Last Update: 2/20/05 v2.1

RELEASED - Find in Download area of EQ2
For anyone having problem with 2.0 and it not reading the screen or erroring out trying to read the INI - this should fix most issues - please send me all feedback if you have problems or suggestions.
I used it for a few hours today, so I think I found any major issues.

Right now it is only a buff bot, meant to have a 2nd character follow you around to help you fight, buff you, heal you, etc.

Please read the RTF file in detail on how to set it up and the INI file help. It has a lot of options, so not for the first timer to setup - please ensure your XU and EQ2Service are working before even trying to set EQ2MegaBot up.

V2.1 Feaures

1) New INI Variables Added
a. SearchForNames (Comma separated Strings)
i. Used to keep searching for a named character and it will alert you when it find it. Not very useful yet, but first step to being able to show it on the map once it finds it.
ii. Other things to come are going to be ability to set the names in game to make it flexible

2) No more reading the screen due to the problems with decoding the INI file. Using all API functions to get health, etc.,

3) Cleaned up Monster Dies code so it more accurately recognizes a kill and stops fighting – keeps it from pulling in new targets if that was happening to you

4) Changed the starting of the script from Sit/Stand which verified the log was on, so a consider message to verify the log is on – keeps it from doing Sits in game which is useless in EQ2

5) It now reads the Mob list from the EQ2Service – a bit slow right now as the API is returning slow, so did some things to optimize as I could. This will be used for the Hunter Bot soon

6) Changed the Locations to be all read from the EQ2Service, so TurnToAngle() and RunToLoc() are working great – all ready for Hunter Bot

7) Moved the location of the Info box which pops up – is always in the upper right – you can move it after it loads

8) The BUTTONS in the Info Box are disabled right now until the AMD issue is figured out

Good luck!

Hope you enjoy it.
Please send any feedback and feature requests.

Thanks!
Rich

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 12:13 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Freakin sweet man. That fixed the response issue I was having. Great job!!!
10/10 :)

Posted: February 21st, 2005, 2:39 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Thanks- please send any suggestions back!

Rich

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 2:11 pm

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Great release =) One question tho, for me it only selects a master by typing /target, is this inteded or is it supposed to select a master by the function keys? Just wondering cause sometimes it types the /target command too fast and it doesn't target the master. Also when its loading up it says checking function keys for master, kinda odd that it wouldn't use them to target the master. Anyways! Other than that it works great =) Thanks so much for putting this out there for us =)

Posted: February 23rd, 2005, 2:13 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
If you are using SendKeys, you can have in your initialization call the command SetDelay ?? ( i think is the name) and it will set the delay between the keypresses. The default is like 30ms or something, might up it to 50 if it is missing letters.

Posted: February 24th, 2005, 12:09 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Rarespawn - it is coded to use the Function keys to select, but will fall back on the old code of /target if it can't initialize, but not sure why it would do that.

Send me a log file to richyrich@toadmail.com as I'm very curious why it isn't seeing the masters on the keys.

Wyv - as far as SendKeys, I've experimented with various settings and have it set to something that works on all my machines, but don't know how machine specific it is. I found that it will send out mixes of Caps and lower case randomly, which is driving me nuts.

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 7:54 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Ok rich sent you the log file =) Thanks for taking time to look at it.

-rare

Posted: February 25th, 2005, 6:21 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Rarespawn, ok, I reviewed it and here is what it looks like. Appears that not all things are getting to the log file, specifically to this problem ,the /con messages, my suggestion is to turn on ALL things in the chat log to make sure all is being captured.

Since it wasn't getting the /con messages, it just failed to find the master on the Fkeys and fell back to the old standard of /target.

As far as using English KB, thanks for the feedback - didn't really think of it, nor would think it's a problem, since I don't usually test with other KB layouts. What was it doing in the other KB layouts. I thought it would be configurable since I allow always all keys to be set to whatever you want it to.

Turn on all messages to chat and try again - if it still doesn't work, give me another log and we'll keep going - almost there!

Thanks for all feedback!
Rich

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 12:15 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Oh you know what I don't have a con key set, maybe that could be the problem? I'll try setting a con key and see if that works.

When using an English keyboard, you can type / and a / will pop up in the chat bar, so like in your program you can just type SendStr() '/stand'. But on my keyboard I have to press shift+7 to get a / so for some reason it don't recognize that you have to hold down shift and it just sends a 7. So it would send '7stand', but when you press the / the chat bar opens up on English keyboards, but since the chat bar wasn't even opened up, it would just press the 7 key (cast a spell) and then open a buncha windows (whichever are bound to the s, t, a, n, and d keys) lol. Its really no biggie I'm used to playing on english keyboards anyways, was just a headsup.

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 12:30 am

rarespawn01
rarespawn01's Reps:
Ya that was it Rich, I didn't have the consider key in EQ2 set hehe. Thanks so much for your help and the of course the great bot =)

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 3:09 am

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
great! Glad we figured it out!

Please play with it and send suggestions/feedback.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 8:14 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
Thanks richy - I was having the same issue but I didn't really think that much into it. Once again you saved the day. /thumbs

I do have a suggestion though. Sometimes I bot in the morning with I'm watching my son. I use my laptop to play my tank and setup my bot on the main computer. Problem is I sit in the living room and my office is upstairs. Ya think it might be possiable to get something built in that drops me a tell if someone /tells me? The audio files you got that say something when people are talking to you rule and I think that I would hear them from where I am but a little extra insurance never hurt. Then again this might not be a good idea because if failed it would be really bad to tell a gm, "a gm is talking to me." Plus the logged chat. I donno just a though... prolly not a good idea tho.

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 12:03 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Mally,

I can add it to the wish list as I'm working on new mods. Not hard to do, I can have some random phrases so keep it from being to bot like.

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 12:29 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
anthemgamer Wrote "Is it supposed to autoheal? The script seems really complex for a command bot. The only way it will heal for me now is if someone requests it.

the targeting is also very buggy for me. When multiple people are requesting heals it only switches targets about 50% of the time. Usually it ends up healing the same person over and over, regardless of who requests it.
It does seem to heal myself when I need it, but then it takes quite a long time to switch the target back to the mob (when fighting back). It tries to cast my combat on myself for about 20-30 seconds which is a long time in combat. (yes i tried to use this like a hunter bot by leaving myself in the path of an aggro solo mob)

For enhancements I would like to see a healing loop. This would be to maintain reactive heal spells. When the combat starts, I like to cast a couple reactive heals on the main tank, and keep them up throughout the fight, using direct heals only when needed."

Anthegamer - Actually, it is a lot more than a command bot, it was written to be a HunterBot, route runner and flexible command bot... I just haven't opened everything up yet as in the conversion from DAOC (which it was originally written for) I found that I wanted to focus on the buffbot first since that had the best use in EQ2. A hunter bot isn't as useful unless you have 2 going as the UP's and double ups and wanderers tend to kill you pretty quickly. It will be fully enabled for Hunter and Router running soon, so lots more to come.

The sequences and response sequences are actually pretty powerful as they maintain a lot of information about when to cast a spell, how often you can cast it, priority (ie. better heals if they are available, but weaker ones if not), if it fizzles/fumbles to not wait, etc. This is the evolution of a lot of coding over a few years, and there are functions in here not in use, but there for futher use when I work on other parts. In fact, for DAOC, I had opened up and documented the library of functions and created a template loop to let others create their own scripts using all my functions, engine, screen scraping, logging, etc.

From a healing perspective, it does not Auto heal except itself, it listens for your requests and heals you when you ask - it is not watching your health right now, but is something on the todo list.

Yes, multiple people asking for heals is a problem right now, but I'm actually working on that right now, creating a command buffer so the commands are buffered up as requested and executed, resolving this problem.

Do you see it doing a /target? If so, you can read above that some have found the consider key not set in the INI file, which would speed up targetting.

Actually, you can get reactive heals to work if there is a unique message that the heal has worn off. In the InitialCombatSequence you can start the reactive heal, then use the CombatResponseSequenceSTR to search for it wearing off, and recast it. By experimenting here, you can get some pretty sophiticated commands going. Ex. I use Wards and do this so it will keep the group buffed with wards the entire fight. Works very well.

Thanks for the feedback - keep it coming.

I should have a new version out with command buffers in a few days which will make it work better with more than 1 master asking for thing.

Rich

Posted: February 26th, 2005, 9:58 pm

anthemgamer
anthemgamer's Reps:
Rich, thanks for the reply. I do have my keys set up as mentioned above and actually my F keys work fine for selecting group members. If I do it manually it selects them very quickly. The problem is only when I am in combat, then it targets myself to heal. After the heal, it takes a long time to target back to the monster.. so long that its almost time to heal myself again.

Another thing I noticed, when the script starts up and it is checking the F keys, it goes all the way to F9. Group members stop at F7 I think. F8 targets an enemy, and F9 changes my screen to first person view.

My last question for the day; when you set the combat sequence strings, can you use multiple quickbars? I've tried adding another qb in there but it wont load then.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online