taultunleashed logoEQ2Service Scripting Object v.1.2 : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 7
newtopic  postreply
 [ 187 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Service Scripting Object v.1.2 : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 7

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 4:26 am

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Wyv, was wondering if you had a rough eta on when you might be getting the update for service up. Not a rush req just wondering so i can try and schedule to be around to fix my scripts and get them back up and running.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 8:21 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
it will be up here in just a few hours. Fell asleep last night, finishing up now.

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 8:33 am

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
Thank you sir.. as always your hard work is much appreciated

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 10:37 am

malar1
malar1's Reps:
Yes indeed he does a very good job :)

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 2:45 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
ugh the waiting after a patch for fixes is always the hardest part. its like waiting the night before xmas

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 7:16 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
Wyv, having problems with the fix? or just end up not having time right away? They didn't screw us up did they?

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 5:32 pm

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
ugh....

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 5:34 pm

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
ugh....

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 6:42 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
sorry, didnt reply to all threads, the fix was posted earlier..

should auto patch...

Posted: May 29th, 2005, 5:21 am

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
No worries i read more then 1 thread :) Thanks for getting it done Wyv

Posted: May 30th, 2005, 5:44 am

psirusmojo

Total Posts: 36
psirusmojo's Reps: 4
hey wiv, my program dosnt seem to wana auto patch...ever. can you post the update so i cna just dl it. makes my life that much easier. thanks.

Oh, just incase you cant find the dl for the update, its on the second page of downloads in EQ2 :P

Posted: June 21st, 2005, 2:55 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
I realize you put out your vbs script that serves as documentation of a sort but what I'd really like is documentation of the object you supply so that if we are not using VB we don't have to look at the VB script and determine what we THINK is the case.

One example is the function IsAttacking(spawnID), does that mean the mob is attacking or is attacking us?

What is InstanceName? the zone name has a number after it telling the instance number so what purpose does this serve?

Are you really throwing an error to return mob difficulty? Wouldn't it be easier to have a MobDifficulty function instead? If MobPower returns -1 how do I know if it's the mobs difficulty or that the mob has no power? If I can do MobPower and get no error how do I get difficulty? or is this a typo in the vbs and you intended to have MobDifficulty instead of MobPower?

Basically what I'm saying is I have to look at the vbs file to figure out how to use the object because I have found no documentation for the object. Could this be corrected or did I just miss the documentation somewhere?

One issue I'm having is that although most functions seem to work fine I have been unable to use MobIndex(spawnID) successfully, is it broken or is there something I should know about using it in Jscript?

What is the difference between FindMob and FindNearestMob, if FindMob does not return the nearest what order does it return them in? Random?

If I do:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
for (index = 0;index < oSvcObj.MaxIndex;index++) {
  ... code here
}

Will I have found every mob in your DB? I ask because I have been looking at code from others and have seen them attempt to access indexes above MaxIndex, are there mobs there? If so please tell us about them.

Any time I am looking for documentation for this object I end out having to go through this thread again, it's very long and tedious, could the first message be edited to have documentation?

on the first page you have this in the change log:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
April 21, 2005

Added InstanceName
Added MobDifficulty
Fixed Several Broken Memory Offsets
Fixed Bad Target Drawing on the radar (would overlap and was hard to read)
Added PC types, so the Draw PC, DrawNPC should now work correctly...

Is there a DrawPC or DrawNPC function on this object? it's not in the vbs file and I'd love to hear about it.

I realize this is a lot of questions but I"m just wrapping up my NavigateClass and have started the MobClass which is inteded to be a DB of mobs which can be accessed more conveniently based on more flexible criteria like mob color or distance or direction, etc... and I need to use as many of the abilities this object has to offer.

To finish up here is a request, I would like to be able to do something like the above code loop and inside do something like:

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
   mobinfo = oSvcObj.MobInfo(index);

Where mobinfo returns a string of comma delimited fields containing everything your object knows about the mob so that I don't have to do 10 calls to the object to get level and difficulty and power and health and distance (you must have it since you have findnearestmob) etc.... Then I could just parse that string and I'd be done with that mob. You might even take this a step further and have GetAllMobInfo that returns GetMobInfo for all mobs with a field value of 'NewMob' or even '\n' to delimit mobs, this way we could make one call and have all mob info you have available at the time which we could parse and be done with it. Any chance of this actually happening? If so could this also be done with player info?

Posted: June 29th, 2005, 1:24 pm

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
Health is broken for buff bot...don't knwo of any other locs nto working

Posted: June 30th, 2005, 4:04 pm

slinks
slinks's Reps:
as of the update from the 27 or the 28 i think its still reporting health wrong.

Posted: July 1st, 2005, 3:53 am

jabst1922
jabst1922's Reps:
wyv you out there?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online