taultunleashed logoEQ2Service Scripting Object v.1.2 : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 5
newtopic  postreply
 [ 187 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Service Scripting Object v.1.2 : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 5

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 1:17 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
Can we assume that you will post here when it's ready? I'd like the update ASAP and have been checking this topic for updates.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 1:55 am

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Please realize that Wyvernx is not 1. superman and 2. at your beck and call to jump on your issue right now. He is aware of the problem and will get the fix out when it available.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 2:00 am

thewatcher
thewatcher's Reps:
I was simply asking if this was the right place to look to see when it was completed because I'd like to use it. I was NOT pushing him. Cut me a break.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 1:35 pm

raprgz
raprgz's Reps:
not to sound harsh but if we are paying for the use of Xunleashed we should be atleast given an ETA when "the / your" software breaks.. I am not sure if wyvern or whom ever is the person making the money for Xunleashed but we are still paying customers... to tell us to stick a sock in our mouths is kinda harsh.

If this is what is expected when updates occur then I might aswell just cancel my subscription.

now see, since wyvern is also the site moderator.. I believe that he is making the money, which means we are 100% viable in our actions to say .. WTF WHY ISNT YOUR PROGRAM WORKING...... UPDATE THE MOFO... We are paying customers. ETA is atleast something nice to do, for all we know the software is broken and wont be able to work in the future.. though I believe this is going to be something similar to that of everspy which needs to find the new librarys and such every time a major patch occurs..

BTW GUYS PvP IS HERE .. U JUST NEED TO FIND IT.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 4:26 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
whats that about pvp? explain urself !!!

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 4:38 pm

kramerdk
kramerdk's Reps:
Yes you may have paid for the use of Xunleashed, but guess what Xunleashed consists of Macros and triggers. Everything else is an add on.

Not to sound to harsh, I am just sick of people demanding that Wyvernx fix !@#$%^&* right away. I got into this !@#$%^&* match with people over the Radar. For $25 a year, I am sure the expenses of doing this are alot more than you think, your not entitled to the immediate tech support you demand. Hell, my worked paid $150k for a software package and it takes longer than this to get updates done. And this is for a $450 mill dollar company. Quit !@#$%^&* and moaning and just freaking wait. He will get it done when he figures out wtf they broke. Yes, this will prolly be a pain every major update.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 5:03 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
also gotta remember... there is a radar for most of the other big mmo's... so he has to fix/update those too... i dont like not being able to use soemthing either but you gotta understand.. theres only 24 hours in a day... how much of that is work for him... and sleep...and personal time (eating family friends ect.) and then theres the other stuff like fixing radar... and the scripting... stuff takes time... he cant just look at it and make a magic fix...

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 5:34 pm

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
fyi he's been pretty good at updating the service as soon as it breaks...just chill everybody :)

and it doesn't break with every update...just the live updates, which are huge.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 7:10 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Almost have it finished. They changed a bunch of things.

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 7:58 pm

raprgz
raprgz's Reps:
all I believe we ( most of us ) were asking for is wyvern to just say... give me a day or two and you will be rolling agian... I think more people were just afraid that we got forgotten... as some other projects ( maybe not wyverns since hes a big wig ) have had happen to them...

btw even the 8 billion dollar a year company that I work for.. can atleast give a simple ETA for hotfixs and such as problems arise or atleast say yes we know about the problem and were trying to find a way to fix it.... a 450 mill dollar a year company.. *scoff in a joking manor * wtf are those lol...

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 8:35 pm

ondrun

Total Posts: 4
ondrun's Reps: 0
:idea: He is doing a great job... give the guy some time... the patch only came out yesterday.... Rome wasnt built in a day....:) :D

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 10:10 pm

tinydiabla
tinydiabla's Reps:
wyvernx";p="64248 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Almost have it finished. They changed a bunch of things.

There! Now everyone can chill..

Posted: May 5th, 2005, 11:42 pm

chopin3
chopin3's Reps:
Thank you Wyvernx you make an amazing product, the fact that we have missed it so much is a testament to the fact.

Keep up the good work.

PS Which thread is a good place for feature requests/Suggestions?

Posted: May 6th, 2005, 6:18 am

redman
redman's Reps:
For future reference...

Every time a major live update patch comes expect a couple of days of down time. Just expect it.. wait patiently. Perhaps allow a single post stating whats broken by an expert user. The live updates are major structure changing things. In addition to offset changes, the data structures change too and those are tricker to sort out.

The little patches each have a chance to break a few things in the service... In those cases it's probably important to get a list of exactly what's broken out to save investigation time.

In general... chill :P

RedMan

Posted: May 6th, 2005, 10:11 am

bitflux
bitflux's Reps:
say anyone know a good website to start learning how to peek into memory of games?

i just got out on summer break and got nothing better to do :)

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online