taultunleashed logoHaving some troubles { Educational Material Inside } : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 69 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

Having some troubles { Educational Material Inside } : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 3:06 am

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
I use 1024 so my scripts are built around that sizing.

You could alter my scripts to work at big resolutions with your new programming knowledge once you become more offay with it.

Sony cannot detect scripting programs, no.

It's at your own risk how you choose to operate it, I've been using them for a LONG time and never been caught - it's the morons that get caught when they blatently do stupid things.

Also messing around with memory Offsets netts you more chance of getting into trouble if you change something you really shouldnt like a speed moving offset, servers will flag that kind of stuff and warping around to locations etc.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 5:08 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
Pickled uses those specific res's simply because he works in them and they are the most common. Using a different resolution from the one hte script was written in will probably put off all the pixel settings, as windows and the objects within the windows (buttons, etc) will be bigger or smaller, and/or at different locations. So coding a script in 1600x1200 will most likely not work on someone elses computer with a res of 1024x768.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 9:46 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Man I am having a hell of a time getting this "PixelGetColor" to work right.... The only thing I can figure is I need to assign a variable to it as you guys have on your extreamly complex scripts... 4hrs but still trying to get it..

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 10:01 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
I can't tell ya how to fix it coz i don't have too much experience with autoit, but i can tell you this, if you ever get utterly sick of trying to do something, stop. Go to bed, do something else. Trust me, you'll walk up to it and have a fresh angle to look at it, you'll fix it in no time.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 10:23 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Ok I got the mouse movement I got the msg box popping up but my issue is I can't seem to get it to report the pixel color in the box....

It will come to me I am sure just trying to figure out the syntax of these damn scripts...

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 10:32 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
OH HELL YEAH!!!! JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! No idea if this is the "BEST" method to do this but who cares... Let me add some fluff to it and I will post... :)

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 10:52 am

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
; --------------- Scripting in the face of danger Loraik
; --------------- emerges the victor in a 5 hour battle
; --------------- against AutoIT and the forces of Pickled!
;-----------------------------------------------------------

$mousex1 = 500
$mousey1 = 500

WinActivate("EverQuest II (Feb 2 2005 16:07:04) USER OPTIMIZED: SOEBuild=1659T")

MouseMove($mousex1, $mousey1, 5)
$pixcolor = PixelGetColor($mousex1, $mousey1)

MsgBox(0, "Spot Information", "The information about this point on your screen is" & @CRLF & @CRLF & "X= " & $mousex1 & " Y= " & $mousey1 & @CRLF & @CRLF & "color at this location: " & $pixcolor )
sleep(1000)
MouseMove(66, 47)

I hope this is what your looking for Pickled, it took me all damn night but I got it!

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 4:59 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Hats off to you for spending the time to learn how to do some scripting.

With the process you used to tackle all the problems set out, you have just opened up the doors for yourself.

I'll send you an email with access to all my personal stuff soon and if you ever need any help writing your own scripts or getting my stuff to work I'll gladly help you as best I can.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 7:53 pm

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Cool, after last night when I finished that I went right into trying to figure out how to make this other crafting script upi here stop wanting to resize my window so I could re-configure it to work better on my UI but I am still working on that. It works great the way it is just like working inside of a 5" x 5" box on my screen.

Also why do you guys assign so many variables at the very beginning? I see alot of $result, $color, ect, ect are these preset variables that already have meaning? I understand the concept of:

$mx = 54
$my = 104

but sometimes there ate lines and lines at the very front of the coding that are just variables stacked.. What are these?

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 8:52 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
All my crafting scripts will reset window to correct size, so that they all function on everyones pc at the same pixel location and size.

If you wanted to make the EQ2 Window bigger, you would need to recode every single location that my script uses to read info (x,y) as with changing the Pixel Width and Breath, you increase the pixel area, therefore the offset of the orginal values will be out of place = script will misread data :)

1. If you were really daring, learn what the script is doing and what it is checking.

2. Report those checks visually back to yourself to prove its reading the correct locations.

3. I could PM you how to unlock the Window sizing once you understand a little more clearly how the information is read and manipulated.

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 9:06 pm

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
1. If you were really daring, learn what the script is doing and what it is checking.

Well that right there is something I have come to relise I will "have" to learn how to deal with because I do understand that if I want stuff my way I will have to adapt it.

So far from what I can tell it is a tracking task. Determine what varibles are being assigned what, locate the area to change in the code, follow the variable thru the task and adjust accordingly after getting the proper info. from your pixelfinder program or AWS.

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 9:37 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Here's something for you to learn and try:

Easy really:

Basic Functions - Functions are tasks that are performed when called - otherwise they do nothing.

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):

;Basic Function Example

;Delcare new function to be peformed when called
Func SayHello()
   ;PopUp box to say hello
   MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Hello there Loraik!")
EndFunc

;Call the function, if this wasnt called - the script will do NOTHING
;Try removing below to see what happens :P, nothing!
SayHello()

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 9:54 pm

tault_loraik
tault_loraik's Reps:
Ok I follow and understand how and what a function is, I do have a question that popped into my head from last night.

The "0" located in MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Hello there Loraik!")

What does it stand for? I omitted it last night and couldn't get it to work till I saw it in some others scripts and it fixed the problem.

Also the "()" at the end of "Func SayHello()" is this an area for variable insertion or just how the cmd. is posted.

Loraik

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 10:07 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
See below to find out what 0 means ;)

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):

Displays a simple message box with optional timeout.

MsgBox ( flag, "title", "text" [, timeout] )

Parameters

flag The flag indicates the type of message box and the possible button combinations. See remarks.
title The title of the message box.
text The text of the message box.
timeout [optional] Timeout in seconds. After the timeout has elapsed the message box will be automatically closed.

Return Value

Success: Returns the ID of the button pressed.
Failure: Returns -1 if the message box timed out.

Button Pressed Return Value 
OK 1
CANCEL 2
ABORT 3
RETRY 4
IGNORE 5
YES 6
NO 7
TRY AGAIN ** 10
CONTINUE ** 11

Remarks

The flag parameter can be a combination of the following values:

flag value Button-related Result
0 OK button
1 OK and Cancel
2 Abort, Retry, and Ignore
3 Yes, No, and Cancel
4 Yes and No
5 Retry and Cancel
6 ** Cancel, Try Again, Continue
flag value Icon-related Result
0 (No icon)
16 Stop-sign icon
32 Question-mark icon
48 Exclamation-point icon
64 Icon consisting of an 'i' in a circle
flag value Default-related Result
0 First button is default button
256 Second button is default button
512 Third button is default button
flag value Modality-related Result
0 Application 
4096 System modal (dialog has an icon)
8192 Task modal
flag value Miscellaneous-related Result
0 (nothing else special)
262144 MsgBox has top-most attribute set
5244288 title and text are right-justified

** Only valid on Windows 2000/XP and above.

For example, to specify a SYSTEMMODAL box with the YES/NO buttons the flag value would be 4096+4 (or 4100).

A message box appears centered on screen and resizes according to the text it contains. However, the title could get truncated if the SYSTEMMODAL flag (4096) is used.

Related

InputBox, ToolTip, TrayTip, SplashTextOn

Example

MsgBox(4096, "Test", "This box will time out in 10 seconds", 10)

Heres another example of variables PASSED TO A FUNCTION AND WHY!

;Basic Function Example with Variable PASSED TO FUNCTION

;Creates variable storing the string - a 'string' is 'datatype' that contains letters.
$helloString = "Hello there Loraik!"

;Delcare new function to be peformed when called.
Func SayHello($stringPassedToFunction)
   MsgBox(0, "Hello", $stringPassedToFunction)
EndFunc

SayHello($helloString)

Read the Auto Manual ! look up the functions section, it tells you!

Posted: February 4th, 2005, 10:14 pm

tault_pickled
tault_pickled's Reps:
Yes the () after the function declaration is what contains variables as shown in the exaple above

Schema

Func NameOfFunction() OR NameOfFunction($var1, $var2, $var3, $var4)
Do things in here.
EndFunc

You can PASS as many items as you like to a Func (if declared) eg.

Func Add($var1, $var2)
   $total = $var1 + $var2
   MsgBox(0, "Total", "Total of 2 sums = " & $total)
EndFunc

Add(2500, 1000)

Functions are EXTREMELY powerful as you will see in my scripts, they can be called over and over - without having to repeat thousands of lines of the SAME text. Also you can pass diff variables to functions so they peform differently based on the information.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online