taultunleashed logoXU STAFF / Admin / Gods of the Bot PLEASE read : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 104 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
blue large dot

XU STAFF / Admin / Gods of the Bot PLEASE read : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions

Posted: January 10th, 2006, 1:04 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
It is becoming impossible to leave hunter bots up for any amount of time because XU is going on and off line so often. Every time XU goes down it stops the bots from being able to fight so if your mid battle... SCREWED!!!! This has happened (XU shutting down then back up in a min or two) like 15 time in the last couple days and it is getting more and more of a pain in the !@#$%^&* to revive bot run across the zone of agro mobs with 3 bots and set backup just to have it happen again in 30 min.

Can you please change your requirement to have XU connected to the server to run and make it so it checks connectivity every so often or something. This is becoming very frustrating... Please do something about it SOON..... Please!

Loraik

Posted: January 10th, 2006, 3:34 pm

mdx360
mdx360's Reps:
he is not the only one. both my crafters and my hunter/harvester crews are having trouble when X unleashed shuts down, and logs me out in 10min, cause i die. it seems pointless to relogin 7 accounts every 45 minutes.

Posted: January 10th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Its being looked at ill get a better response to you.

Posted: January 10th, 2006, 5:33 pm

mesabo
mesabo's Reps:
Thanks for looking into it..

I had thought it was just me.. /blush

Posted: January 10th, 2006, 6:59 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
No it isn't just you, it is everyone and it is hard as hell to beta test these new hunter/harvester bots with constant downage of the scripts.

With no ill feelings meant twords Admin I really hope someone is looking into this and this isn't just "someone is looking into this /wink /wink".

Loraik

Posted: January 16th, 2006, 10:16 pm

viliden
viliden's Reps:
yes I would like to see another way of doing this also for the same reasons. When I leave a bot running and come back and he is dead I can't figure out if the script is bugged or if I input something incorrectly or if XU just disconnected. Well I can figure it out usually but the point is I would really appreciate a more reliable service from the servers.

Thank you!

Vil

Posted: January 17th, 2006, 10:34 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
I do believe alot of these problems will be fixed shorlty when xunleashed 4.0 comes out. This should be out very shortly as well :)

Posted: January 17th, 2006, 11:55 pm

viliden
viliden's Reps:
woot theres some good news :)

BTW, this may sound like a silly question, but do I have to keep my monitor on while running script? Like a hunter bot for example...will xu shut down if my monitor is turned off? I tried it last night and today and it seemed like that is the case, could just bemy bum luck though. When I leave my monitor on it seemed that my bots ran for longer periods of time. I would think that it has nothing to do with it at all though given what I do know about computers, but I figure I would ask anyways. Thanks!

-vil

Posted: January 18th, 2006, 4:48 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Admin is this "shortly" the same shortly time frame as adding a downloads section back to the forums or is this a different type of shortly?

:twisted:

No your bot has no idea if the monitor is on nor does it care.

Loraik

Posted: January 18th, 2006, 10:10 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Actually we added a downloads section then took it off. If you checked the site daily you would have seen we tried it for a few days. But the download section was pointless as it didnt help the site but hinder it. All downloads are in confirmed macros ect ect.

So we did have it working then decided not to use it.

As for the xunleashed 4.0 its going to be a big update that fixes lots of problems.

Posted: January 21st, 2006, 8:15 am

eyedol66
eyedol66's Reps:
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
It is becoming impossible to leave hunter bots up for any amount of time because XU is going on and off line so often. Every time XU goes down it stops the bots from being able to fight so if your mid battle... SCREWED!!!! This has happened (XU shutting down then back up in a min or two) like 15 time in the last couple days and it is getting more and more of a pain in the !@#$%^&* to revive bot run across the zone of agro mobs with 3 bots and set backup just to have it happen again in 30 min.

Can you please change your requirement to have XU connected to the server to run and make it so it checks connectivity every so often or something. This is becoming very frustrating... Please do something about it SOON..... Please!

Loraik

Yup, it's always done that. Because of this unstable technology I will nevert trust this application with a hunter or tradeskill bot.

I understand the need for sercurity checks but in this application there it too many. It relies too heavily on the server on their end to be online just to use the application. What if there is internet traffic. ISP issues. Server issues? The end user suffers in all of these scenarios.

Posted: January 23rd, 2006, 4:57 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Hehe the script went off-line for about 5 min. early Sunday morning and I walked in to watch all my bots follow the leader lemming style off a cliff in PoF (way running when script connection was lossed and just kept going)... Took me 20 min to get them resetup lucky for me the script came back right as I was getting back to the right area... Wow lucky me....

Loraik

Posted: January 23rd, 2006, 8:46 pm

viliden
viliden's Reps:
Yeah loriak thats the worst...I love it when I check my bot and its all good then I go to work and service gets interupted like 10 mins after I leave...oh well though hopefully version 4 will help.

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 12:31 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
From what I have been talking with admin the 4.0 release is going to majorly address this.

Posted: January 24th, 2006, 3:06 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
God I hope so, XU has gone down 3 times today netting me more exp. debt than exp gain... Very very frustrating........ AS a matter of fact as I type this I have no ability to run ANY XU content..... /sigh

Loraik

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online