taultunleashed logoAngel Skin fishing: The guide to making GIL. : FFXI General Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 51 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

Angel Skin fishing: The guide to making GIL. : FFXI General Discussions - Page 3

Posted: February 13th, 2006, 10:31 pm

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
You can fish them in terrigan. RMTs in my server is like fishing them 24hrs... and sometimes get killed by the devil mantas XD.

Posted: February 17th, 2006, 5:36 pm

deathnova
deathnova's Reps:
heh well i tryed this alot iv at least fished up 10 in tunnle and 10 in terrigan killed every last one and never got the skin thusly a month later i quite FF but i have all ways had the worst luck with gil.

Posted: February 20th, 2006, 7:14 pm

olivegarden
olivegarden's Reps:
just registered today and saw the forums, i farmed skins for a long time in cape terrigan by valley of sorrows south zone. i discovered from camping against RMT that you have to wait exactly 25min from tod then begin fishing. as far as kuftal fishing idk..

Posted: February 26th, 2006, 5:11 am

dredeezie80
dredeezie80's Reps:
I had better luck in Kuftal, Devil Manta seemed to respawn roughly every 20mins whereas Cape can go as long as 30mins. I used a Halycon Rod
and shrimp lure, almost always targeted fished mobs. There rumor that
Cape and Kuftal are linked, for example, RMT fishes 1 up in Cape and you in Kuftal, then you have to wait for respawn, but like i said, just rumored.
I did this for a week til campers started to fish on top of my char while their pt killed phantom worm, roughly 2 out of 17 on skins.

Posted: March 19th, 2006, 1:55 am

v_dude77

Total Posts: 72
v_dude77's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
[quote="Harrower@Ramuh"] The drop is about 1/5 with out TH, and slightly better with TH1, and around 1/2 with TH2.
quote]

This could be b4 a patch or update, please correct that info about the drop rate, It is about 1/6-7 with TH3... and goes worse as you go lower, otherwise it wouldn't be worth 1mil per skin....

Posted: May 21st, 2006, 8:53 am

omni1269

Total Posts: 76
omni1269's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Does anyone know where in Cape Terrigan or The Valley of Sorrows you fish these up? If I remember right I saw people at the beach inside the tunnel.

Posted: May 21st, 2006, 8:59 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
any place that has water

Posted: May 21st, 2006, 9:07 pm

omni1269

Total Posts: 76
omni1269's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Is it really that broad? I though it would be more specific then that. Also is it confirmed that the valley produces skins as well?

Posted: May 21st, 2006, 9:20 pm

lilfisher

VoS doesnt have it. people fisn hear the cave in terrigan because the zone closeby. the only place with water in the tunnel is where phantom worm spawns so you can do two things at the same time if you go with friends ^_^

Posted: May 22nd, 2006, 6:24 am

drakkar77
drakkar77's Reps:
If you really want to fish up a lot of mobs try a robber rig. Trust me you won't be disappointed. ;)

Posted: June 2nd, 2006, 8:45 am

oni_beast
oni_beast's Reps:
I'm new here, and thought I'd post some info that might have got left out, or I did not see posted.

When you're doing this fishing, you must remember that the Devil Manta is a mob.. Which means it has its own re-spawning time. I'm a 75 thf, and I used this for money and for my hecatomb cursed gear as well. This thing only gets fished up every 15-16mins, sometimes longer if someone else fishing or perhaps youself loses the catch. So if a RMT fish this up, don't bother fishing for at least another 14 mins or all you'll get is a crab or fish, and RMTs will beat you to the manta again.

Like I said, I don't know if someone already posted this info or not, I didn't read the entire thing. ^^

Posted: June 2nd, 2006, 11:09 am

lilfisher

we had come the the conclusion it was a 30 min time but if you say its 15 its all the better actually because then its more mantas :)

Posted: October 31st, 2007, 7:31 pm

991627's Reps:
I been fishing these for a living. I can safely say 10. There is also a few noticeable conclusions I have come up with. The maximum number of mobs that can be out is 2 crabs and 2 pugils. After that only the manta can be hooked on the lucky player who hooks it, or lots of " you didn't catch anything ". Made a good 43m here in 2 months fishing daily for 5hours a day. So if you see 2crabs and 2pugils already out. I haven ever seen anything but the manta pop after that * IF someone hooks it lol * Also. Take note of strengths. once you get used to fishing these up. You will notice 90% of the time manta is very tough to reel in. On some occasions its slightly stronger than a crab/ weaker than a pugil. I let go all the weak ones and rarely have a problem with that method.

Fly and Composite seems to be choice, any other lure designed
for specific fish " Fly lure is fastwater fishing * Rivers * " which
wont hook anything but a narrow selection of fish. In kuftal's case.
All you hook are items or monsters.

Other Lures tend to hook legendaries or Cave Cheraxes I haven't
experimented too much but fly seems to outperform in most cases.

Live bait tends to get more bites. but you also get a larger selection of
fish that will bite your lure.

Respawn - I believe it is 10minutes. I have hooked it twice back to back
10 minutes after tod. It is HIGHLY unlikely. but tends to hook around
20min I do not believe it has anything to do with measuring ToD times
and fishing to get a better chance at it. Its totally random.

Another note. when someone loses said Manta, I have seen
a barrage of " You didnt catch anything " more often than not.
So it leads me to believe that Loosing the reel / breaking rod /
losing lure to it = resetting timer.

Hope this helps yall. gl makin gil!

Posted: July 26th, 2009, 7:45 am

waitinginshadow

Total Posts: 1359
waitinginshadow's Reps: 12
Just to clarify some other things, that seem to be under debate... Also, this is a very useful post in terms of gil... Ok:

First of all, the window for this being able to be caught starts exactly 10 minutes after the last one has been killed. If the person attempting to catch it loses the catch for any reason, it take 12 minutes for the new window to be open. All of this makes sense as it follows normal fish-mob protocol.

Composite rod seems to be the best to use.

In terms of lures, most people, including myself, seem to use Shrimp Lures (but as stated above it has a chance of hooking something you don't want to get.). So overall, the best bait would probably be Fly lure (once again, as stated above).

This monster is extremely overcamped, so you must be able to work under pressure.

Also, ANY fishing level can catch this monster, just make sure you're high enough of a job to kill it. (Recommend 73+ as first poster stated).

Posted: December 3rd, 2009, 6:20 pm

taychip

Total Posts: 6
taychip's Reps: 1
The pop window is 10-12 minutes, not 30 minutes. Speaking from exprience I have Angel skined fished for along time.....

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online