taultunleashed logoAngel Skin fishing: The guide to making GIL. : FFXI General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 51 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
blue large dot

Angel Skin fishing: The guide to making GIL. : FFXI General Discussions

Posted: May 22nd, 2005, 10:26 pm

Harrower@Ramuh
Harrower@Ramuh's Reps:
This guide is directed more towards players level 73+, because the monsters that drop Angel Skin are Easy Prey at 75.

Brief description:
Angel Skins are a leather craft item that sells at about 1 mil on all servers. A monster that is fished deep in Kuftal Tunnel named Devil Manta drops it, which is around lvl 73. You can fish these up at 0 fishing skill, or at 100; thats the great part about this, fishing skill doesn't matter.

Where to fish:
Head to Kuftal Tunnel (East of Rabao in Altepa Desert) and if you're not a mage bring sneak/invis potions. In the room where Amemet pops, turn left, and go north until you see spiders and Goblins. Remember to have sneak and invs up, and continue heading north. You will see a small pond to your left, this is where to fish.

Rod/bait:
Use a composite rod and fly lures, bring about 2-3 lures and 1 rod.

Monsters fished up:
As you are fishing you will bring up Pugils and snipers, amoung the desired Devil Manta. Don't fish with sneak, because once the Manta pops you will lose sneak due to the new fishing system and have all monsters fished up attacking you.

Devil Manta:
As stated earlier, these are EP at 75, but easily soloable as: RDM, NIN, THF, SMN, BLM, and any other job you feel comfortable soloing EP with. The manta is not an NM, and does all normal Manta type attacks. The drop is about 1/5 with out TH, and slightly better with TH1, and around 1/2 with TH2.

I hope this helps those higher levels around with no source of income to make as much Gil as I did. Good luck and happy fishing!

Posted: May 26th, 2005, 2:34 pm

reticulex
reticulex's Reps:
Finally! someone who can tell me how to fish these up! I'm a 75 nin, and 75 ranger, with no real good source of income. Stuck on blacksmithing atm at 70, but to get to 100 cost another 30mil lol. Thanks for the tip 8^)

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 3:31 pm

genos
genos's Reps:
Yes very nice tip, it is nice to see someone who isnt so concerned with people "taking their idea" that they'll share it. Although most of the time "their idea" was told to them by someone else in the first place.
I wont use this, for that very reason, at least...welll, what server are you on?

/thumbsUp

Posted: May 27th, 2005, 11:15 pm

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
Do you know the <pos> of the Amemet or the pond you are talking about.

???? Amemet can a lvl 75thf/nin and a 59whi/bl kill this. I am sure we can kill the Devil Manta. But I am not sure about the Amemet.

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 7:07 am

zackwarrior
zackwarrior's Reps:
hmm i tryed this today with fishing skill at 10 fly lure and composite rod in kuftal tunel in that little water point near phatom worm pop...
stayed there for a good 7-8h and only got crab or pugils no manta, you shure this is actually still working ? does it take SOOOO long to catch a manta ?

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 11:47 am

zackwarrior
zackwarrior's Reps:
this is not working at all for me, i was camping now for over 15h
and didn't pull up one devil manta, what's wierd is i see other poeple pulling them up so i don't understand... i think you do need a minimum fishing lvl, either that or i'm missing something
i'm trying now with xufish since 2h and still nothing i took 860 as fish weight, help me out is there something i'm not doing right ?

thx

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 11:52 am

asl18fs

Total Posts: 2707
asl18fs's Reps: 1
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
I'd advise you to not filter by fish weight until you're certain which one to use.

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 9:48 pm

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
Did you ask them ?. Also did you see what they where using to catch the Devil Manta

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 10:22 pm

zackwarrior
zackwarrior's Reps:
same as me fly lure and composite rod

Posted: May 28th, 2005, 10:26 pm

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
I am going to try this today or as soon as my friend is ready and see how it goes. Do you have a pos for this place.

Posted: May 29th, 2005, 3:37 am

zackwarrior
zackwarrior's Reps:
I-6 it's near the place where phatom worm pops, but like it's said above go to amemit room take left then go strait once you pass the cave you'll get to this right map then go to I-6, i'm doing this again today and still nothing, i think we need to get the fight weight for this, either that or i need a higher fishing skill btw there is only one spot where you can fish in kuftal, so it should be hard to find

-------

a guy just got here now and in the last hour he got 7 devil manta and he is skill 40...

Posted: May 30th, 2005, 4:15 am

alex2001
alex2001's Reps:
Results

I Didnt get to try it but apperantly word travels very fast. 2 of my friends did it.

A good friend of mine try it Lvl 5 fishing lvl 75 solo it didnt get the drop.
Only got it once before i logged out dont know if he kept trying.

A LS memeber did it too caught it 3 times only 1 drop. Dont know how long it took. So it does work.

Prices did start to drop but only 50k for now.

Posted: June 5th, 2005, 1:37 pm

ninjabuck
ninjabuck's Reps:
where exactly in the AH is this item located i cant seem to find it?

Posted: June 5th, 2005, 2:29 pm

asl18fs

Total Posts: 2707
asl18fs's Reps: 1
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium
Probably leathercrafting.

Posted: June 5th, 2005, 2:32 pm

joshk6656

Total Posts: 310
joshk6656's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
bonecraft

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online