taultunleashed logoDupe along with removing your subjob (premium please) : FFXI Submissions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 42 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3
blue large dot

Dupe along with removing your subjob (premium please) : FFXI Submissions - Page 3

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 12:55 pm

zetone100
zetone100's Reps:
naladris (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Actually I work in credit card processing

Yeah,thats nice.
Too bad you cant even find the quote button.

Posting TaultUnleashed link to a SE GM is just not a smart thing to do,we like someones head over that.... and we like that to be you 8)

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 12:58 pm

naladris
naladris's Reps:
lilfisher (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
oh really? there has been dupe information on this site here and there for a LONG LONG time so i doubt that you have been here for over a year if you havnt seen it before. there was even the topic with like 10 diff dupe methods but you didnt tell SE about that one.

Actually I have been, and I admit I don't read every thread on here. I have seen a couple of duping ones that a friend pointed out to me. Those were actually deleted or locked. I have specific recolection of someone coming on and asking "How do I dupe items?" and the resonse was as rough against him as you guys are being against me.

Frankly I'm not sure what else to add... you are repeating the same things over and over, and I'm not going to go into a flame war with anyone on here. All I can do is repeat the same thing - I provided SE with no new information, in fact according to some people on here the dupe itself was even old. So I literally provided them with nothing.

SE knows about us, plain and simple. They know how to google, they don't care. If SE does care I in fact discouraged them from monitoring us because the report I gave them was about an old bug.

To prevent furthering a flame thread I'm just going to stop checking this particular thread. There is little more that needs to be said here.

Last edited by Guest on September 28th, 2005, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 1:25 pm

milkman0
milkman0's Reps:
wow you f ucking snitch

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 2:08 pm

0x005c35b0
0x005c35b0's Reps:
While it is true they probably know of this site...Do they actually come on it? I think I recall something on one of the pages saying that if you're affiliated with any gaming company then please leave. I don't see that on the bottom of this page, however, and you gave them a direct link...They could say they never saw it, and while they're looking at the dupe info maybe check out some other stuff as well....

Personally, I think you should have PMed and admin or mod and/or contacted SE about that by copy/pasting....But everyone's hindsight is 20/20 and what's done is done. If they ban people democratically, looks like your head is going to roll, though. ...and I don't think they're going to cry about a $25 chargeback.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 2:46 pm

andysx
andysx's Reps:
you are very Dumb posting the link, could have just copy paste the info if you want a fix on duping. :roll:

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Pugz

Total Posts: 62
Pugz's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
http://stfu.eikern.net/?name=SE%20Knows ... &show=EOTW

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 3:17 pm

code2k
code2k's Reps:
naladris, you're dumb. Admin plz ban this guy we don't want any SE spy on the forums.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 3:29 pm

psychologikal
psychologikal's Reps:
you have been a member since February of '05 that IS NOT A YEAR shut up and stop lying to make yourself sound cool.

the fact of the matter is by giving a link you bring MORE attention to the site. i never once said that they didn't know about the site infact i remember saying that they allready knew about it but that this would bring MORE ATTENTION. read my post a little more caref8ully before you attempt to flame someone on what they said.

i recommend a BAN.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 3:48 pm

kickstand
kickstand's Reps:
i

(i agree w/ post above) ^^

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 5:59 pm

naladris
naladris's Reps:
Having had some time to think over all your responses, I appologize for my haste in posting a link to this forum. I didn't mean to cause any harm to this site, I simply don't want some people's selfish actions to cause the same thing that happened in Diablo 2.

Having skimmed some of the few non-flame posts I will admit that I did jump the gun on letting SE in on the problem, I should have resolved it here first. Someone mentioned contacting an admin through PM... that would have been more appropriate. But of course everything is much clearer when you are looking back on it.

Anyways I just wanted to say that I do appologize for getting so many of you angry. I don't think the little bit of extra attention from SE will hurt this site, it has been going for over a year at least since thats how long I've been around (yes psych that does obviously mean this is my 2nd account - the first was a free one).

I really thought that the forum would agree with me on this... I know that in the past Xunleashed users seemed against duping. Had I anticipated that people would be so offended I would have left well enough alone. My intentions were not to harm this forum (and I don't believe I have still). I actually intended on trying to help us all out by not having our game ruined. It sounds loke this was a moot isue anyway as the dupe doesn't work.

So for what its worth I'm sorry, and in the future I won't reply to a message unless I have a technical question, because I obviously have no grasp of the norms of this forum anymore.

Peace.
~Naladris

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 6:38 pm

0x005c35b0
0x005c35b0's Reps:
I don't know if they're against duping or not, but the match was lost when you started the forest fire with that direct link, apparently. Giving a direct link to the site is obviously a big no-no, for reasons people have stated before. They may be against duping, it's simply like shoplifting and what you did is murder...Or so I'd think from some of those posts....

Personally, I'd be OK with them not banning you so long as you learn from our mistakes. We all make them sometimes, but when the person is sorry about what they did and will take more appropriate action next time I say forgive. Don't forget, though, and I also say two strikes you're out.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 9:31 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Okay okay read all these posts normally if he wanted it deleted fine but this is what he did wrong.

1) You are being banned for doing the one main thing we tell not to do. SHARE INFORMATION WITH ANY 3rd PARTY'S. Telling sony the link is something that will get ya punted. You gave them the link told them about it and would try to do anything in your power to stop that linkage.

I was fine with you wanting it down and frankly companies can do rollbacks ect ect for dupes. This site is here for NEW INFORMATION. Basically that means people can talk about things out with the game for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. You want stuff down well as long as we arent breaking any laws which we arent we wont take it down.

All in all account is banned, no 24.95 refund due to brekaing the rules and it says in our agreement no refunds.

Thread is locked do not start a new thread on this subject.

Once again sharing information to any 3rd parties will get you perma banned.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online