taultunleashed logoDupe along with removing your subjob (premium please) : FFXI Submissions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 42 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

Dupe along with removing your subjob (premium please) : FFXI Submissions

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 11:36 am

vangaren
vangaren's Reps:
Using a program called NetPeeker, available from (http://www.net-peeker.com/Download.htm) (or some other lag inhibiting program) you can cause intentional lag, making it easier to dupe items and so on, two characters are recommended for the duping process but is not required, you can do it with a friend as well. For this to work you need to do the following:

1. Set the maximum down and up speed to about as low as you can go without losing a connection (Probably around 24k)
2. Log on etc. and then locate an NPC to which you can send items.
3. Place the desired items in the box and hit send (you can send them to yourself if desired)
4. Return to the mog house of the character to whom you sent the item/gil to and open up the delivery box.
5. (help by another person is good on this part) right as you hit an item to take out of the box, pull your network cable out of the wall, or computer for about 5 seconds, then alt-tab your game and replace the network cable, and log back in. The items should have been duplicated ^^ have fun with that one.
If i can do it, I'm sure you can manage =)

Removing your sub-job

Another way to use this program to your advantage is by using it to make lag again (same settings as for the duping), and then do the following:
1. enter your mog house
2. open up the job selection etc. (you have to do the next part fast!!)
3. Change your main job to any job, it doesn't matter
4. Now as quickly as possible set your sub job to what your main job was before you changed it, and then select your main job as the same as before (if you do it quick enough you should be able to select it irregardless of what you set the subjob to)
5. If this doesn't work then, use the "pull the plug technique", right as you go to set your main job back, remove the network cable and after you've selected it, return it to the jack in your computer and/or wall.

Well I hope this helps those in need, premium would be nice for this ^^

P.S. if you use windower in conjunction with this it helps (Job Exp)

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 12:00 pm

naladris
naladris's Reps:
Can we get this locked or deleted or something? We don't want people knowing how to dupe items. I can't confirm his method exactlly but I can confirm that the theory works. A couple of months ago durring a system maitanance my brother and I traded items and then he warped back to jeuno. Just after he warped the servers went down and what happened was I had all of the items he traded me, and he still had the items he traded me. The items I had traded him were lost forever. I lost money on this and contacted a GM but he didn't care at all that we could dupe items. I didn't care about the lost money I cared about the system bug to allow duped items. To this day we both still have both items so the server doesn't scan for duped items.

In theory his method will work, lets block it before people learn how to do this and turn our economy into Diablo 2.

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 2:20 pm

raikku
raikku's Reps:
works, didnt get banned either

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 3:05 pm

smallfry

Total Posts: 181
smallfry's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Can we get this locked or deleted or something? We don't want people knowing how to dupe items. why................................

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 4:05 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
so the dupe works?

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 5:14 pm

jacotto
jacotto's Reps:
I've just tried it several times, and it hasn't seemed to work. Either the window closes and says there seems to be congestion, or the item ends up in my inventory but nothing's in my delivery box. Am I just off on the timing or does this just plain not work?

Posted: September 27th, 2005, 10:07 pm

0x005c35b0
0x005c35b0's Reps:
jacotto (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I've just tried it several times, and it hasn't seemed to work. Either the window closes and says there seems to be congestion, or the item ends up in my inventory but nothing's in my delivery box. Am I just off on the timing or does this just plain not work?

Same problem...

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 12:27 am

mrsurge

Total Posts: 40
mrsurge's Reps: 0
premium
Do you need to be able to alt-tab as in to cause loss of full screen error? Or just to alt-tab to get pol to not be active window? I can't get this to work.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 1:51 am

tault_elemex
tault_elemex's Reps:
-Many has submitted the information that lag can be used to dupe items. But up till now, most people haven't been able to do this.
-We already have/know the SJ change thing.
Conclusion: Sorry.. but no premium for this.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 5:13 am

rouroni
rouroni's Reps:
yes hurry up and delete this ASAP

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 8:24 am

naladris
naladris's Reps:
Don't we have Admin on this section? This needs to be deleted NOW. Give him premium if u have to, whatever I don't care. This sounds valid and is certainly a guide for how to succesfully dupe items. If the word about this gets out our game is dead. Here is what will happen:
1) Those who can dupe will become insanely rich quickly.
2) SE will catch on but since GMs do not delete duped items it will be difficult to decide who gets banned and who legitimatly (accidently) duped an item.
3) SE will fix the problem and duping will become impossible.
4) The economy will be left with a couple hundered people on each server who got rich from duping.
5) These people will go on a spending spree, buying whatever they want thus driving proces on even common items through the roof.
6) Gil will have such little value in the game that we will need to start trading awsome items as currency. Stone of Jordan anyone?
7) We all quit the game because it sucks and then go find another one to ruin.

This has happened in other games and will happen in ours if we let it. In the past this forum's stance on duping has been set in stone. Any discussion get the thread deleted. Xunleashed is supposed to make the game more fun (which it does). If it supported duping it would suport the ruin of the game.

Please delete this NOW before even more people read it.

Last edited by Guest on September 28th, 2005, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 8:27 am

phao23
phao23's Reps:
Well i tried that and could'nt get it work...
Maybe i'll give it another try later.

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 9:06 am

naladris
naladris's Reps:
Well i submitted the problem to FFXI so hopefully they will take a look at it and see if its a real volnerability in their system. Bots are understandable... but duping is just plain bad. Hopefully this thread gets deleted quickly, if not hopefully SE finds a way to ban anyone that does it... though knowing them they will completly ignore it.
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
You have been connected to FFXI TSR Gary A..
FFXI TSR Gary A.: Hello, Naladris, thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
FFXI TSR Gary A.: How can I help you?
Me: Ok
Me: I review many message boards durring my lunch break and i found a message board thread with dirrection how to dupe items
Me: i was hoping to find out who i need to contact to have the volnerability reviewed
FFXI TSR Gary A.: Do you have a link?
Me: yes i do just one moment
Me: http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/vi ... hp?t=24715
FFXI TSR Gary A.: Thanks for the information, I will forward this up tot he correct department.
Me: thank oyu very much
Me: you*
FFXI TSR Gary A.: I just want to inform you that item duping is a violation and GM's take it seriously
FFXI TSR Gary A.: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Naladris?
Me: nope, that is all i need
Me: thank you
FFXI TSR Gary A.: Thank you for visiting our PlayOnline Chat line, Naladris! Take care and hope to see you online!
Thank you for visiting our PlayOnline Chat line. Take care and hope to see you online!

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 9:20 am

soniti

Total Posts: 56
soniti's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Are you !@#$%^&* serious?

You !@#$%^&* little rat. Now you've ruined it for everyone by going and telling the 50.

You make me sick.

~Soniti

Posted: September 28th, 2005, 9:31 am

psychologikal
psychologikal's Reps:
i actually don't mind that you told about item duplication cause that will be the fastest way to ruin a game. but i don't like the fact that you gave him a link to this site.

thats just plain stupidity. while they prolly allready know about this site all you are doing is bringing it more attention from the G.M.'s

READ MY SIG. It applys to YOU.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online