top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

character class discussion thread : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 11 posts ] 
selmordm
May 16th, 2005, 9:11 am 

Cash on hand:

I just started yesterday only played for a little while but decided to start a thread at school while i cant play and ask for tips or any feed back you might have on teh classes. I am a ranger lvl 3. I havent gotten any skills so i cant write about those yet. Any other rangers out there higherlvls who can give me tips for favorite skills or subclasses? i was thinking mesmer for sub for root like abilities so i can shoot them from a distance while they are slowed/unmobile. Any tips?

anewlilkaos
May 16th, 2005, 6:06 pm 

Cash on hand:

http://www.rpgstars.com/characters/ranger.php

I havent played rng but thats my next job to try

anewlilkaos
May 16th, 2005, 6:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

Ive found that mnk/necro is somewhat bugged.
You can have Healing Breeze-->For 10 seconds, target other ally gains health regeneration of 2...8. 10 energy/1 sec cast/2 sec recharge.

AND Blood Renewal-->Sacrifice 20...132 health. For 10 seconds you gain health regeneration of 3. When blood renewal ends, you gain 20...132 health. 5 energy/1 sec cast/10 sec recharge.

AND Mending-->While you maintain this "Enchantment," target ally gains health regeneration of +1...+3. -1 regeneration/10 energy/2 sec cast.

Which gives you about 12 ">" to health and im only lvl 8mnk

My chars name is "Jimmy the great", give me a pm.

devestator
May 16th, 2005, 8:43 pm 
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
Lifetime Member (Scripting)
premium

Cash on hand:

I'm playing a Necro / Elem and at lvl 11 I'm loving it.

Unless its a huge group or a really big enemy they can't hurt me fast enough and I can deal out some mean damage using elems fire spells.

Just a few minutes ago I was playin gand I mowed down a group of about 10 charr using the ae fire rain and just siphoning and tapping to keep myself alive. These were all lvl 7 to 8 charr so nothing to spetacular.. but I didn't even break a sweat while doing it so I know I could do harder :)

rarespawn01
May 16th, 2005, 10:29 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
I have a ranger/monk. I was going to be a ranger/mesmer but I decided I wanted to be more of a support role in groups rather than a 'every man for himself' character. While mesmer is a kind of support role, they are good at snaring, power stealing and they have a really nasty DoT. Monks are good at.. well.. healing hehe. In PvP most people hardly look at your 2nd class (at lower lvl's anyways) so they get kind of surprised when a ranger is keeping the whole party alive.

Skills for a ranger? Well you wanna max out Marksmanship of course (if you plan on a bow being your main dmg). Most people don't use beast master cause well its not that usefull hehe... If your 2nd class isn't a healing class you wanna put some points into wilderness survival for the heal over time yo uget at low lvl and also I believe traps use that too. If you plan on wanting to do even more dmg or have more ranger like skills then put some points into Expertise, but really, Marksmanship is enough for just the dmg part.

Rangers are somewhat underestimated atm. But if played right and with a decent bow they can be quite the caster snipers. I have a decent Bow and I can 2-3 shot casters in pvp no problem. It greatly helps out the party when you can take care of a monk or caster in 2-3 shots and they dunno what even hit them. Granted that is at lvl 10ish, so at lvl 20ish I'm sure it'll take a couple more shots, but still rangers can be a huge advantage if played right.

taultchirpyboy
May 17th, 2005, 3:43 pm 

well i have a lvl 11 W/Mo and man best toon to farm things with, the Heal signet owns get the skill high enough you heal yourself for 100+, and with some of the protection spells and healing spells of the Monk, its hard to beat unless you have like 5 things on you castting/hitting you then theres a challenge...and for PVP Ranger is a very nice class with the DoT arrow and Snare arrow helps alot if you get a tank on you

Yes would be nice to see a macro for killing mobs just to farm cause its a real pain for me expecially if im with real players and something good drops keep up the good work tho :)

envison
May 18th, 2005, 1:58 am 

Cash on hand:

Playing a lvl 16 (at the moment) W/Mo myself. Dont use signet if u fighitng large grps. they end up doing more damage while casting (double damage to u for 5 seconds). than the skill heals for IMO.

Use Healing Breeze and Mending jacked up. Plus endure Pain (i gain around 200 more hp). Can take 5-6 lvl 14ish Cents solo, Not a huge accomplishment but helps alitlte with item farming.

taultchirpyboy
May 18th, 2005, 11:51 am 

Also a E/Me Works great when fighting against Large groups of mobs. Because of the Elementalists AE firestorm and Lava spell thats alot of dmg, and add the Me's AE dmg (forgot what it was called acts like firestorm and does 8 dmg ever X sec's) i took my lvl 8 out to the chars and man had like 15 in the area and hit with firestorm for 20+ ever sec then the Lava 20+ then the Me AE one for 60+dmg when that was done (X times 8sec) X meaning the lvl you got

selmordm
June 1st, 2005, 6:48 pm 

Cash on hand:

yeah after playing for a week making a guild geting a cape and a guild hall i have returned to the thread!
E/R i love it Meteor shower frozen soil firestorm fireball and wards destroy PVP. If you want in on our guild give me a PM Selmo Ttm or flamin asian(yes the name was ment as a joke)
btw for my elem maxed at fire as soon as i could and i destroy mobs with it

selmordm
June 7th, 2005, 4:38 pm 

Cash on hand:

Flamin asian ascended hes lvl 20 with assloads of plat bars i played this game too much but i have founs this site to be helpful with my skills you can find better but i founs this one in about 1 min with google
www.gwonline.net it has the bosses needed to fight to capture elite skills and skill trainers in everytown and what they offer i think its a great rexource and again if you want to join our guild PM me!

faeth924
June 9th, 2005, 10:15 am 

I love necromancer. I have 2, one along the blood magic line and the other along the death magic line.

I also have an Elementalist/Mesmer who is flat out lethal.

All the classes are fun to play. I found that rangers and warriors really dont have enough energy to do anything besides attacks with swords/bows, so I dont like them as much (except as a secondary as in my N/W)

[ 11 posts ]