top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Farming help : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
abezden
March 26th, 2006, 2:38 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Where are the best places to farm solo? I have a warrior and a monk. I have tried trolls, but that takes a while to get a decent amount of money. Griffons are nerfed, and the ones outside dunes and the scar drop crap and it takes a while. Ettins don't drop good runes lately. I have tried FoW and have not been able to do it succesfully. Did a couple SF group runs and all i have gotten so far was an ivors icon and vokurs cane both suck and i can't find buyers. How about chests? I tried doing FoW then stopped after getting nothing good. Any other good chest places? The lost strongbox and frozen chest are gone. *sigh* please help

wonkotsane
March 27th, 2006, 11:23 am 

What do you think of as good? You can farm the drakes outside of Elonia Reach for $6-10k or so an hour. It is very easy to do solo with a W/Mo.

abezden
March 27th, 2006, 5:30 pm 

good as in i can get good money and drops. before the griff nerf i could average 2k from merchant and a gold and two purple items ever 2 or so runs. The gold weapons brought in lots of cash. Any place I can solo farm for gold weapons with high chances of valuable mods? I tried drakes in hte kryta misison i think, but every time i got a gold with a perfect mod, i would get ingots or wood when i salvaged :p. not cool. when you talk about drakes, do you mean sand drakes? because i tried farming those and was very dissapointed. The drops are not good at all.

abezden
April 8th, 2006, 3:45 pm 

bump still need help

pyro1230
April 10th, 2006, 4:39 pm 

for my low lvl warrior ranger i solo surmia mission. it holds me off for a bit but i could use some good spots for farming for a low lvl W/R lvl 12 right now

abezden
April 10th, 2006, 4:51 pm 

I'm looking for help for a lvl 20 w/anything, a lvl 20 mo/anything, or a lvl 20 ele/anything. Monk can do 55.

portlimo
April 10th, 2006, 8:09 pm 

It's funny but I never started to get ahead money wise untill the wintersday stuff.

Even though I only farmed ascalon, outside nolani academy, and piken
the money, shards, candy canes added up but that was doing it everyday for my normal 3-4 hours play time guess it wasnt boring as we knew it wouldnt last...still have 200 candy canes to sell

I alternate pulling lever in nolani,(good place to alternate zones to defeat anti-farming mechanism only takes 3-4 minutes to kill all charr) great northern wall (let cut scene play otherwise you waste almost a minute of your 3.5 for charr to reach you, give yourself 40 secs to pick up loot), elona reach mino/dune burrowers, and grenths footprint dwarven prospector exploit,
and now that i ran my second account a bit west I do unholy horde and the prize pig thing that gets you an extra 6 gypsy ettins when I try for runes....

With the nerf of augry and semi nerf of trolls (die too often at imps to bother anymore) I get fair amounts of drops in those spots....

although sometimes I'm farming exp to get my last skill points instead of gold/runes

port

it sounds stupid but try not to look at your plat/gold amount every day its nice to be surprised:)

evilroyd
April 13th, 2006, 4:02 pm 

Where's the best location to farm for either dead bows, mursaat horn bows or for shards? I've read of a couple of places, but so far, no luck. Thanks for your help....

abezden
April 13th, 2006, 7:39 pm 

I need to make some cash so I can get a 20% axe enchant mod. Then I need to buy a couple ranger skills and I can do southern shiverpeaks running with my mo/r. That will be my primary source of income after I become good at it. It's making the money right now that is hard.

radeondj
April 16th, 2006, 2:32 am 

If your monk can 55 I suggest that you learn to 2-man UW, as you can make 6-15k in around 20mins, if you and your SS are good.

great baron
April 16th, 2006, 5:12 am 

evilroyd (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Where's the best location to farm for either dead bows, mursaat horn bows or for shards? I've read of a couple of places, but so far, no luck. Thanks for your help....

Dead bow drop outside TOA. Very rare drop. (may drop in fow too)
Mursaat are in Shiverspeack, and in Fire island.(may drop in fow too)
Shards drop only in FOW.

FOW=Fissure, start from TOA (temple of age)

abezden
April 19th, 2006, 6:30 pm 

I need a good build for a 2 man UW monk. I can get to the smites, but then when i get two or three groups on me i die.

bartimaeus
April 20th, 2006, 11:31 am 

I would say Droknars trolls - I suggest going for a group farm there.

You can do it solo by killing a small numbe r- back to droknar's and repeat.

radeondj
April 22nd, 2006, 4:06 am 

The build I use for my 55 Monk is...
Protective Spirit
Healing Breeze
Spellbreaker
Bonetti's Defense
Blessed Signet
Blessed Aura
Mending
Balthazar's Spirit

When fighting smites you must always have Bonetti's on you. The only time you remove it is when you cast Prot Spirit and Breeze.
Ex: [Bonetti's is on]
[Bonetti's is about to end]
Push 2 (Breeze) and 1 a split second after
[Prot Spirit has been cast]
Immediatly recast Bonetti's

Make sure that if you aggro Coldfire Nights that you throw up Spellbreaker too

firekil
April 22nd, 2006, 5:02 am 

Actually, everyone has been getting their dead bows and mursaat items from the now popular Hells Precipice chest running. I am considering posting a guide on how to do it but am too lazy atm.

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next