top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Moderator Contest : GW Discussion - Page 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
tault_twitcher1231
June 26th, 2005, 7:43 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Why would I be a good mod? Because I have lots of experience and alot of time on my hands, about 15-19 hours of my day on about 4/7 days a week im either playing guild wars counter strike source half life 2 deathmatch or reading these forums and if you dont belive that i have those games pm me and we'll go one on one

supakorean
June 30th, 2005, 11:52 pm 

I would like to try out for a mod position for the GWs forum. I know one person already got the position, if there is another one I would like to be a mod.

Reasons:
1. Willing and wanting to help the site and people here.
2. I have had tons of experience in leading people and supervising them on forums, like www.soompi.com/forums and I even started my own fansubbing group www.ahq-fansubs.com I have also been a mod and admin for countless forums and sites.
3. I love playing GWs, because it's free and fun.
4. I'm a preaty nice guy
5. I'am active right now and will be.
6. I love macros and exploits and good stuff like that.
7. And to be honest I also want to have free premium membership, but don't get me wrong it's not only for that. Just a small part. :oops:

tault_nanotechmonkey
July 3rd, 2005, 10:28 am 

I think I would make a good mod and I'll just be brief, I've done the job before on an RPG forum, an RPG Making forum and a basic game forum, not to mention numerous other VERY small amateur Ezboard forums. I love GW and WoW, I've sent in numerous exploits I've found (or, as we all found out, my bro nicked one) with some still pending in your inbox. My GW char is Level 20 (Lavern Lacross) and Im the owner of the guild LGP with 23 members.
I also have a A level in English so that would be handy for moderating posts.
So, yeah thats why I think I'd be a good mod.

Unless there are no more positions.

tault_libertygone
July 3rd, 2005, 11:37 am 

Don't you mean you have an A level in English? =]

supakorean
July 3rd, 2005, 12:08 pm 

Tault_libertygone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

lol

sarroz
July 3rd, 2005, 12:55 pm 

I Would like to send in an app for a moderator position in the guild wars section.

1) I have had experience towards a moderator position in several sites (FilesNetwork.com | gamingforums.com | Gearbox software.gbxforum) and I also have done Costumer Support in Filefront.com as well as Files Network

2) I am an avid player in Guild wars and very much active (been playing since early December of 2004, and I still miss those old days)

3) I am very much willing to be active on these boards and take a side job of tinkering and finding exploits or secrets in the field.

appendix1
July 4th, 2005, 5:50 am 

hey guys

right lets kick this off,

well i hear you asking why would i be a good moderater,

i could get into alot of things but here guys since joining the Xunleashed site ive helped people out ibn the daoc section with tinkering about with things. since then ive been working on specific guildwars programs in my spare time. i think i would be a good moderator as we are a big community of clever people(Well some) and i think i could actually help pull these minds together and get this board flowing better then it already is. so i here u asking.... about who am i in guildwars? well im just a player really not alot to say =) got 4 lvl 20s and such =) 2 of em wearing the 15k elite armor with the cool gfx +). but i think i could help the guildwars community etc.

also for expiernce...

i worked with many mod positions before =) i wont go into what they were as some of the daoc players would kill me ingame. hehe but if your intrested ask via pm

tault_nanotechmonkey
July 4th, 2005, 6:35 am 

Tault_libertygone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Woops. :lol:

brood_star
July 13th, 2005, 2:32 pm 

I think I would make a good mod. I'm a new member, with no membership, but I still think I could be one. I'm on every day, for about -AT LEAST- 4 hours each. I have worked as a Moderator before, and also on staff websites. I play games alot, especially Guild Wars/Counter-Strike:Source/Warcraft3/Soon to be Battlefield 2. I can do all of the requirements except the Post one, but I'd post alot if I was a Mod. Anyways, Thanks before-hand, good luck to all contestants, and thanks to the judges.

~Thanks in Advance
-Brood_Star

h4x0r2dam4x0r
August 3rd, 2005, 2:20 am 

Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
We are holding an official Contest for the Mod Position on Tault.com's Guild Wars Sections. If you are intersted in being a mod please post a reply as to why. Keep in mind that premium and no premium members have this ability. Then the current mods and myself will discuss who we feel shows the best potential. Well enjoy and good luck to all.

Mod responsibilities are as follows:
- Removing Foul Language form users.
- Suspending Users based on ill actions.
- Keeping posts flowing for the current area.
- Creating a Topic of the Week for the area.
- Helping Others in the GW sections if needed.
- And avid poster.

Mod perks are as follows:
- Lifetime membership as long as they are a mod.
- Ability to be sent in exploits for users wanting to join.
- Ability to give members premium access based on your decessions.
- Access to the special mod only section on the forums.

I don't know if the moderator contest is still open, but just incase it is, here is my application.

Introduction:

Hello. My name is Daniel Jorovlea, but I go by the handle 'h4x0r2dam4x0r'. I live in Southern California, and I'm an avid forum goer. I've only been playing Guild-Wars for about a month but I'm already quite wealthy and eager to look for exploits. I don't know much about the dynamics of the game, but I'm a very quick learner so if anyone is willing to teach me, I'm willing to do my best. I'm also learning C++ at the moment so hopefully I'll be able to work with XU soon.

Past Experience:

The first forum I ever registered on was Cheat-Network. It used to be the big-dog in hacks for Counter-Strike and most other online games. The site was very popular having over a hundred-thousand members and over 400-500 people online at any given time. I was quickly promoted to moderator of the Gunbound forums because of my maturity and my ability to find new hacks and exploits for the game. When Cheat-Network died because the admin had to go off to the army, a new site was born. Fkn0wned was formed by sYntax, a former moderator at Cheat-Network. The whole community basically transferred over and I retained my position. Soon because of my hard work I was promoted to Super-Moderator and I eventually became and Administrator. Unfortunately, the site died at the hands of DDoSers, and as I gradually quit CS, I moved on to other games... which brought me to Guild Wars. I have also moderated at a few other places: !@#$%^&* (Multi-Player Cheats), and EfZ (Elite Forumz).

My Goals:

My goals in becoming a Guild Wars moderator are simple. I want to keep the site spam-free and I want to keep everything by the rules. Because of my past experience as a moderator, I'm very experienced in the aspects of warning/suspending/banning people for their actions. I know where lenience should be given and where it is not necessary. I'm on my computer quite a lot and am willing to moderate the forum on a daily basis. I post quite a lot when I get attached to a forum, and am a very helpful person who does not flame people for being unknowledgeable. To date I have only submitted one thing to the Guild Wars forums, but am looking forward to submitting more.

If I Were to Recieve The Job:

If I was given moderating abilities to the Guild Wars forums I would do my best to see that the entire forum was spam free and that everything was where it belonged. I would also work harder at finding new exploits and confirming ones that have been posted in the submissions section. I can play at almost any time so it wouldn't be a problem, and I also enjoy the game very much.

This has been my application. I hope you guys consider it. I don't know if it's still open, but just incase. :D. Nothing to lose, right? ;)

Thank you!

iztapalapa
August 20th, 2005, 10:40 pm 

I would b a great moderator because i have no life an sit at home all day doing nothing and sitting on my computer.... so i wouldnt enjoy something to do liek this

deadlyblowfish
August 21st, 2005, 3:51 am 

Cash on hand:

I would be delighted if I were offered to take on the responsibility of a moderator of this forum. Although I am not a very long time member of the forum I have a passion for writing, reading and evaluating guides. I have past experience in both moderating and administrating sites, I am currently an administrator on www.ub3rcon.com an up and coming forum started by a member of my ex gaming clan, where I also administrated and moderated all three of their forums during my time in that clan (if you so wish I can provide references).

I am an experienced guild wars player, officer of a fully equipped pve/pvp guild named The Soth (Shiek Pyros) in the European districts; I am 2nd in command to the leader, Honey Riverbottom.

I am an experienced computer user, and at home in any PHP based forum environment. I am a mature and well-rounded individual, who has on many occasions proved the ability to work both alone and as part of a team.

I was also the brains behind www.kotorfiles.com, however unfortunately my position was hijacked by a junior administrator in the files network forums and I was, after all my hard work, cast aside as a 'file poster'. I also moderated the WC3 forums for www.wc3files.com

Last edited by deadlyblowfish on August 28th, 2005, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

jakerayfiel
August 26th, 2005, 8:42 pm 

I am the founder of gamehackesforum
I can program in c/c++/perl/vb6/python/html/php/and XML :)
I have been playing guild wars since january, and i am SURE that i have the responsibilities of what it takes to become a mod, not only that, but im freaking dedicated ot this site, since iw as the founder of gamehackersforum i had 15 mods in all 3 supermods and the rest were spread out throughout the type of game/coding language/ect. witch they spoeicalized in, second of all, since i know Extense Html/php, i can fixed serious bugs and flaws that you need to not have, such as security holes, and glitches, i also have an ftp server witch us mods can transfer macros/bots through. then i will make a moderators oinly forum so nobody can even view the subject of something unless they are a mod, moderator discussion, i am the leader of a 60+ person guild, including guild hall, 2 gvg battles a day, cool capes, ect.
i have skills in milkshape 3d and 3dsmax
i feel that you should atleast give me admin powers to minimal stuff such as editing anothers post and locking threwads to see what i can do!
thanx for your time...
Regards,
Jake Rayfiel

EDIT: ALmost forgot, i will post bots/macros/private guides by me/ and some private uknown exploits that are confirmed by me 100% of the time working
i will post tutorials, and help the noobs

bammargera
August 27th, 2005, 10:36 am 

Ide Like To Be Moderator

At the moment i am a moderator of my guild forum ( www.gweg.tk )
I play Guild Wars a lot - got it the day it came out - 2 accounts ( 1 usa and 1 europe [harharhar i basicly got 24/7 to UW and FOW])

I have Been Mod on other game forums before, i know how to use forums well.

I Check These Forums Often, Imm quite good on computers ( better on the tec side ) and i wrote this guide on how to post images

http://eg.11.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=218

Imm also good with Graphics ( i use Photoshop 7 )
any my pc has surround sound speakers ( if that helps lol )

Also My guild leader and i are trying to "extract" a program from Guild wars - the korians have a build in teamspeak sort of thing in gw and we got it but we need just to get it translated in to english

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2