top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

new char question : GW Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
tault_whiteweazel21
June 21st, 2005, 11:43 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
Hey, Im going to make another character, and I am I wondering, for exploits/solo farming, would it be better to make an e/mo or w/mo?

Thanks

tault_joejoe
June 21st, 2005, 11:54 am 

elementalists=all area so u can kill a mass ammounts of mobs in a short time which is good for exploits

warrior is a over all good player seeing how they do good dmg and can take a lot of hits w/o dien.......

personnally i'd take warrior but its up to u

blackop7
July 15th, 2005, 10:02 pm 

You should do a W/E, I did and he kicks !@#$%^&*!!!!!!

tault_digitalbuddha
July 19th, 2005, 11:25 am 

Just to help in my opinion i agree with blackop because w/e can have a good combination of area attacks and massive dmg dealing. For example, a friend of mine is a w/e who is one of the best warriors ive ever seen. This is because right when he gets to a mob he will cast 1 spell like lava font and he can easily take out a group very fast. It depends though because if you try to go too ele with a warrior youll have a major energy issue. Hope that helped!

haxhax
July 20th, 2005, 5:52 am 

u see the problem is with a w/e you wont be doing much aoe since ur mp will be extremely low

e/mo is worthless trust me....i made it.....i only used 1 monk skill....light of dwayna and that was only to rez

w/mo is overused these days because of that stupid farming video on the net but it has a fairly stable build especailly in the prot form of mo

if u wanna go elementist as primary....i highly suggest ranger as secondary
or at least change to ranger in the desert because in the end, you will be going into the underworld or fissure to find rares and nice weapons and rangers have trapping skills
a full planned out team of 8 is equal to a 4-5 trapper team
less ppl=more drops for u

blackop7
July 20th, 2005, 6:03 am 

I agree with Tault_digitalbuddha about energy because I have that problem, but U get Glyph of lesser energy at the beginning of the game which takes 15 energy of any skill you use. And I've seen boss monsters with other skills that lessen the energy you use. I don't agree with Hax on doing an E/R for farming more like a group. If you want a Elementalist as a primary I would go with a E/Mo, because with Energy Storage and Glyph of Lesser Energy you can have a bunch of aoe spells and 2 or 3 godd healing spells or protection spells. And as long as you U have focus on incorporate Healing Prayers and/or Protection Prayers into your build you can cast a bunch of aoe spells while the monsters are getting pissed cux you keep healing your self. One thing I learnt with my N/Mo is you don't need to mess around with Smiting Prayers unless you want to be a Smiting Monk.

haxhax
July 21st, 2005, 11:30 am 

elementists normally have low hp and low armor
if ur gonna be nuking/farming while trying to survive you probably want to go pyro/earth then u will be able to withstand dmg
doesnt matter if u have healing spells and nuking....after u cast all the nice nukes you will have lost a lot of hp and mp and you will try to cast some healing spells but it wont be enuff
yes glyph of lesser does a bit but its only a 1 time use and takes forever to recharge lets say u cast meteor shower firestorm phoenix fireball and rodgarts invocation....you will have used 80+energy ...yes subtract 15 from the glyph u will have used 60 energy ..i currently have 80 and the leftover 20 is not enuff to heal or do anything usefull
this is why u need elemental attunement

the reason i use ranger as secondary is because of a few reasons
1) trapping parties are GODLY in underworld and FOW...especially for smite runs
2) they can cast qw and ew (which balacnce each other out) and make skills recharge faster (very useful especially for meteor shower)
3) if u have a good tanker, just the 2 of you can make a great group....u set traps he tanks em while u use attunement and nuke from behind

absolutely no monk atr are needed

[ 7 posts ]