top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Getting to lvl 20 and getting a lvl 20 Pet in Pre-Searing! : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
maxiemonster
February 9th, 2006, 1:44 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Many people doubt it's still possible, though it's still possible! Getting to lvl 20 in Pre-Searing isn't that hard, though, time consuming it sure is. This is also the way to get a lvl 20 Pet (Strider) in Pre-Searing. How to do it?

Go outside of Ashford Abbey and go straight left. You'll see the respawn point (the point where you ressurect when you die) there and you should see a couple of Striders near there. The idea is to let the Striders attack you while you're on the respawn point. Eventually, you'll die, and you'll be ressurected again. Since the Strider was near the respawn point already, he doesn't walk away from there, so he'll still be in your aggro circle and he'll immidiatly attack you too. Eventually he'll level up, just like a normal Pet. When you're level 14 or higher yourself, you can let the Strider kill you untill he's level 20, and voila, a level 20 Pet. If you don't want the pet, but want to get to level 20, just kill the Pet when he's the desired level (getting him upto about the same level as you is the best, that gives you 100xp).

Why is this so great? Well, because you can do this all while being afk, since it's all automaticly. So you can just start sleeping, go to school/work. When you wake up or you get back from school/work, the Pet should be alot more levels higher. It still takes long though, don't underestimate this, but if you'd need to let someone attack you every time you get ressurect by hand, you'd be busy endlessly, and this way you're not even busy!

Good luck getting to lvl 20 or getting a lvl 20 Pet!
Max.

EDIT (since I can't post): Not sure this is enough proof to you, but I hope it is. Here's a picture of my level 20 Strider in Pre-Searing:
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6536/lvl20pet1fk.jpg
I got it 2 days ago. If you really need to see it in game, my in game name is Pre Maxiemonster, I don't mind showing it in game.

EDIT 2: How to verify this? Just go outside Ashford Abbey and make the Strider level to level 2 (he's normaly level 1), that verifies they can level, which verifies that they also can get to level 20. Getting a Strider to level 2 might takes like 3 minutes, so who cares, anyone can do that, right? I can't really imagine that you can't believe me while I'm having a level 20 Pet in that picture anyway.. Pretty strange.

Last edited by Guest on February 12th, 2006, 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghettochild2600
February 9th, 2006, 3:36 pm 

Nice maxiemonster Ill try this one.

Tault_admin
February 10th, 2006, 1:36 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Yay or nay for premium?

shanusone
February 10th, 2006, 7:11 am 

i think this may take a copuple days to verify?

Tault_admin
February 10th, 2006, 10:05 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

K waiting on a confirmation.

tault_vx28
February 12th, 2006, 12:16 pm 

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Since the Strider was near the respawn point already, he doesn't walk away from there, so he'll still be in your aggro circle and he'll immidiatly attack you too. Eventually he'll level up, just like a normal Pet

Ok so how does a strider level? Last I knew the enemy dont level? And if he was your pet he wont attack you...
Plus to get to level 20 would take ages to verify I say nay because it will take too long to see if this actually works..

kallick
February 12th, 2006, 2:16 pm 

I think he means get him to attack as an enemy. Then he levels up. I tried it for 30mins and the strider was level 3 ,from level 2.(or a level 2 from 1.)

This will work if you leave it running long eneough.

Out of interest I assume you can get the pet lvl 20 and still charm him ok without being killed?

bcaraballo
February 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm 

I was able to get the Strider to go from lvl 1 to 16, but I lost my connection so I couldn't get it to lvl 20.

Tault_admin
February 15th, 2006, 11:09 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Well still waiting on a yay or nay :)

originalogy
February 15th, 2006, 12:29 pm 

This has been posted before multiple times in other forums.

kallick
February 15th, 2006, 12:37 pm 

I tried this last night. Due to my level I could only get the strider to lvl 15 but i can't see why it couldn't go higher with a higher level character (mines 10).

It helped immensly clearing the northlands TOTALLY of charr. Bosses included :)

i vote yay for this.

xipetotec
February 15th, 2006, 12:47 pm 

this is taken from some guy spaming in the lobby, a few days ago

this guy said he knew how to get to lv 20 and he was selling max weapons in pre

well he was right, he told everyone there how to do it.....1 day later a patch came and got rid of the weapon glitch, but they didn't nerf the strider thing

i did this with my lv 16 character in pre.....guess what......lv 20 in 12 hours was the Strider

so if they don't nerf it, It's faster than the Char, and i'm not sure even if the char lv up anymore anyhow

xipetotec
February 15th, 2006, 12:49 pm 

aslo u have to zone and rezone so the strider is right at the altar from the start, cause if not it WILL just walk away

and the way u get it to atk u is double click on it with a low damg weapon to hit it once, then stand and wait.............

kallick
February 16th, 2006, 2:40 am 

Sometimes I'm not bothered how someone got the information as long as they back it up and show how to do it as Maxiemonster has (rather than cutting and pasting another site)

It's a bit like the pre sear glitch for getting post sear stuff (by viewing a battle then warping to guild hall). I would rather someone posted it here so I can try it rather that missing out ,like I did. It's what I paid premium for.

portlimo
February 22nd, 2006, 12:56 am 

Even though this is just a copy of the author's own 1-7-2006 posting at guru it does work took 12 hours to get pet to lvl 16 max for my lvl 10, and then leaving it at 16 for a few hours (hoping for a miracle 17:)

One thing that may help is after totally removing all gear is to equip the
-20 health quest reward secondary item. it seemed to speed up the early striders kills of my char (when it only was doing 0-4 damage)

hope that helps

port

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next