[ 12 posts ] 
stpain
September 21st, 2005, 12:01 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts
premium

Cash on hand:

The Ultimate Guide to Trading!

In this informative guide. You will learn the positive side of trading and the ways to be a successful trader. We will use the profile of a rare material trader in this guide. But the guide can be used for trading other things as well.

Getting started
Most succesfull trainers are explorers. Being a big trader isn’t achieved in a day. It will take quite a few days to get the hang of it. And possible quite a few weeks to master it.

To get started its better if you have explored they whole map. (This means having access to all towns and places).

See it like this. If you want to sell weapons. Try in the towns that are linked to arena’s or even sell in arenas self. Because there are players that only have a PvP char.

But we will look at the aspects of a rare material trader. There are a few places that have one thing in common where things sell best. And that are places where they sell good armor (fissure, Droknar). Now you have to analyze some things. First which primary profession is they most used. And which profession (sec/pri) is they most farmable.

Now you probably think wtf do I have to know that. That’s easy customer knowledge. All armors are different. So are they materials needed for that. If like 6/10 players are primary warriors and 1/10 necro. And there are like 10000 players (just to make it easy0 that means there are 5000 theoretical more customers for a warrior armor material seller. Than a necro one.

Now for looking at which profession is most farmable people ask me why? Simple… Farmers = money. So when you have rich customers they don’t look at price. If you have a good contact with them. They rather buy it from a friend a little overpriced. Than from a stranger for cheap. Now monks are the best farmers. No matter how much they get nerfed. Someone will find a new build. So now to get the hang of it. We have find out which users have they most money and which profession is most played. We can say which material where gone choice.

Now you have the basics of trading. Its time to move on.

Getting the materials and choosing which.
Okay we know have analyzed the game. And we have found out. Most people have a warrior as a primary profession. But monks are they richest. Now where gone look which materials are needed for this armor. And which place where gone sell this.

Okay I have looked at a resource site for gw (GWonline.net) And for warrior armor there is steel ingot that’s most required and monk require a lot of parchment.

I choice for monk simply its superb together with they parchment exploit I submitted. Okay now we have everything except 2 things. A place to sell and a place to get your materials.

Now with they parchment you can make a little run. But for other things that are might not be easy to get. You have to farm. Find a good farming spot. Or save money. You have 2 kind of traders:
1. Buy-and-sell
2. Find-and-sell
It’s a choice of which things you are going to sell. For materials either ways are usefull. But find-and-sell is more time consuming. So after we got our materials its time to sell.

Okay we have different places where they sell armor. Now many people come to droknars to buy the armor there. You can buy max armor there for 1.5k a piece. Which is they cheapest max armor you can get. You also have fissure. Where they rich people come (15k a piece) and even more materials are required. (which mean you have more to sell to richer people.) Who will buy more for a little overpriced item.

Where done in this chapter of the guide. Lets move on.

Selling the stuff (Quantity, deals and advertising)
This chapter of the guide is divided in 3 sub sections. All are about 3 different aspects of selling your things. But all lead to they same thing. Getting your loot sold.

Quantity
Lets say we have 500 rolls of parchment. And we want to sell fast. Than make packs in droknars the total of parchment needed for the complete armor is 200. So if where going to sell 200 in once we can give users a little deal. (we already have 2 aspects of they 2 other subs :D) parchment sell for around 100g a piece. Most people sell 100 once for 90g a piece.
I can buy cheap due to they parchment exploit. And sell a little lower than the rest and still make profit so say 200 parchment at once for 85g a piece.
This will give you 1.7k in one trade.

Deals
Making deals is a big thing in trading. If you can get a group of people that only buy from you. You can make fast money every couple of days. Lets say you have 5 people that buy every 3 days 400 rolls of parchment from you. You buy the parchment for a price of 60g. This mean lowest price you can give them for is 65g. To make it a little profitable. To don’t loose your hard earned customers. Give them a great deal. For like 75g a piece. In a town like droknars. Where people spam the chat room full of parchment for 100g a piece. They see this as they ultimate deal. While you see it as selling with high prices

This deal gives you 15g profit a piece. That means you get 150g profit for 100 parchment. Every buyer wants 400 rolls that’s already 600g a buyer. Which are 5 = 3k profit every 3 days. And then all they other non-steady-customer buyers. Which you sell to for like 90 – 100g. S that’s always huge profit.

Advertising
Advertising is the way to get yourself famous. You have 4 kinds of advertising for this game where 3 are in-game and 1 online. Here they are with a little explanation.

Trading chat – this is what most people do. And in most time. Your message is gone in 2 seconds due to other traders that spam the hole chat box. Gives you a few customers every hour.

Guild chat – This Is your supply for your steady-customer (a customer that only buys from you). Being for some time in a guild. Let people thrust you. And make you get them to fall for you. You can get your first people here for your reseller network (next chapter).

Word-To-word – Is probably the best thing to get your customers. Friends can make a great impression on others and there for can make other people buy from yours.

Online Rpg Auction sites – Many resellers look on online Auction sites like: Taultunleashed.com/Rpgtraders.net/etc… Put some materials there but not too much these kind of things can take up to weeks. So you need to safe some for fast selling online.

Reseller-network (This is a idea of mine. And probably not much used. But is very profitable)
Okay for the more intermediate traders. They can join or create a reseller network. This is not some ingame option. Mostly these are private networks or guild networks. It work like this:

You the leader gets they parchment very cheap. Then sell it for a little bit more to the others. Those sell it to other in your network. And those sell it to customers.

What you get is a stable investment that all users make profit off. Here is a example.

Leader buys for 60g the parchment and sell them for 65g
-
-
Reseller 1&2 buy for 65g each and sell them for 70g
-
-
Reseller 3&4 and 5&6 buy for 70g and sell for 100g

It looks like 3,4,5&6 get more money but that is fair. Because they have to sell it too. So they have to wait to get there money. With this you get a very good customer contact. Which always buys from you. You can also sell afcorse some of own pieces to people for a quick profit

I hope this is usefull. I created this guide today. And i worked a total of 2,5 hours on this. And gets me access. This is very effective with the rolls of parchment run i posted earlier.

Also the total word count if this is 1370. Lol my fingers kind of hurt :P

@dance of the dead: Ehm this guide has nothing to do with they example you gave with the wood.

Last edited by stpain on September 22nd, 2005, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deadlyblowfish
September 21st, 2005, 12:43 pm 

Cash on hand:

I actually really like this guide, i hope others agree.

Tault_admin
September 21st, 2005, 1:10 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

yay or nay

deadlyblowfish
September 21st, 2005, 1:14 pm 

Cash on hand:

my opinion is yay

farts_mcgee
September 21st, 2005, 4:22 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

nay

farts_mcgee
September 21st, 2005, 4:22 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

nay

Tault_admin
September 21st, 2005, 7:25 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

k he needs 2 more yays for a 3 month premium.

tault_danceofthedead
September 21st, 2005, 9:08 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
nay

Reasoning -

1. Economy is not as flourished as it was
2. It's common sense, anyony who has half a brain can go in there and watch the trade windows for a few minutes and watch 250 wood go from 7gpu to 8gpu to 9gpu so on and so forth, this stuff has been going on forever

bammargera
September 21st, 2005, 10:17 pm 

Tault_danceofthedead (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nay

Reasoning -

1. Economy is not as flourished as it was
2. It's common sense, anyony who has half a brain can go in there and watch the trade windows for a few minutes and watch 250 wood go from 7gpu to 8gpu to 9gpu so on and so forth, this stuff has been going on forever

srry srry srry but i gotta say no

or nay as admin asks of

tault_danceofthedead
September 22nd, 2005, 12:42 pm 

faeth924 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Nay man. What a lame guide.

You gotta try and be nicer when you say things like that... Like me :P

faeth924
September 22nd, 2005, 11:07 pm 

Nay man. What a lame guide.

tault_libertygone
September 23rd, 2005, 4:09 pm 

looks like way more nays. and I say nay because its a buy low sell high guide, submissions rules say no.

[ 12 posts ]