top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Chapterr 2?! : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 14 posts ] 
hammer of glory
December 21st, 2005, 11:07 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
What in the world is chapter 2. This guy over here johnny 707 said something about armor in chapter 2. Anyway, I was wondering if this was an expansion or a new game off of guild wars. TY if you post!

shanusone
December 21st, 2005, 1:14 pm 

it will be an expansion of guild wars currently sounding like it will be out around June (this may change though)

hammer of glory
December 22nd, 2005, 7:13 am 

shanusone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
it will be an expansion of guild wars currently sounding like it will be out around June (this may change though)
hey thnx. Will we have pay for it? Will it be a regular download like all the other stuff? Or will it be out in stores and crap joints like that?

shanusone
December 22nd, 2005, 10:12 am 

most likely it will be $50 like the game. but it still breaks down to costing less than games like wow coh etc.

hammer of glory
December 26th, 2005, 7:06 am 

shanusone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
most likely it will be $50 like the game. but it still breaks down to costing less than games like wow coh etc.
so we will have to pay for it? It will be in stores?

sparks88
January 13th, 2006, 5:25 am 

Funny thing is (ok it really chaps my A#$)
when the game was released they stated that the "expansions" would be
realeased every 9 months.

The new thing they are now releasing is NOT an expansion but a stand alone game. AND please tell anyone looking to buy it as their NEW and only game
========DON'T==============

the new version 2 will ONLY have 2 complete chrs. got that 2
you will have access to the old "CORE" chrs...and the "CORE" skills that they have.

THIS to me is a BIG RIP OFF
so you make a monk ===in game oh you can't learm healing seed that is NOT a core skill... to gain this skill you will have to purchase the original game.

THIS is worse than anything i have seen from any game to date.
And I have seen a bunch LOL

so you can just have the 2 new chrs and all their skills or make an assassin mesmer and you can use all the assassin skills and whatever core skills they decide to let you have for your mesmer unless you want to purchase the original core game.

MAN it went from an expansion (which is what it is) to a stand alone trying to get the new people to go buy the original. THIS IS A TRAVISTY
(hope I spelled that right)

oh and you get one more chr spot and in some memos of the co they say that you should be thankfull for that. I AM ???????????

just a thing to remember and pass on to new people expecting to buy this as a stand alone..

my opinion --expansions are $19 to $29 dollars---full stand alone game is $50

DUH
ripping off the noobs and getting them to buy 2 priceless

sparks88

tntbaby
January 14th, 2006, 5:12 pm 

isn't world of warcraft charging for that new blood elve pak too?

crazyiak
January 14th, 2006, 6:17 pm 

I think wow is making a new expansion and yes they are charging but at least they are not ripping us off saying it is a stand alone game like gw. If your going to make an expansion make one and say thats what it is. DONT make one and say its a whole new game. It just pi55es people off.

xipetotec
January 15th, 2006, 6:57 pm 

i wonder if our $50 will include 4 new char slots, esp if someone like me already has 4 accounts, and no slots to give up....and if so everyone will have to start out at 0Faction? or be able to use old accounts ?

so many questions these CA peeps are only good at one thing and that's Nerfing

korrosive
February 2nd, 2006, 10:01 am 

yes its stand alone but still classed as an expansion , but you can tie it in with your existing account and lets face it the majority of people getting it will have a regular guild wars account anyways...

still think there should be more than 2 new proffesions though..

benmou13
February 5th, 2006, 7:06 am 

factions is out april 26th 2006

the_dabhand
February 20th, 2006, 12:40 am 

sparks88 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Funny thing is (ok it really chaps my A#$)
when the game was released they stated that the "expansions" would be
realeased every 9 months.

The new thing they are now releasing is NOT an expansion but a stand alone game. AND please tell anyone looking to buy it as their NEW and only game
========DON'T==============

the new version 2 will ONLY have 2 complete chrs. got that 2
you will have access to the old "CORE" chrs...and the "CORE" skills that they have.

THIS to me is a BIG RIP OFF
so you make a monk ===in game oh you can't learm healing seed that is NOT a core skill... to gain this skill you will have to purchase the original game.

THIS is worse than anything i have seen from any game to date.
And I have seen a bunch LOL

so you can just have the 2 new chrs and all their skills or make an assassin mesmer and you can use all the assassin skills and whatever core skills they decide to let you have for your mesmer unless you want to purchase the original core game.

MAN it went from an expansion (which is what it is) to a stand alone trying to get the new people to go buy the original. THIS IS A TRAVISTY
(hope I spelled that right)

oh and you get one more chr spot and in some memos of the co they say that you should be thankfull for that. I AM ???????????

just a thing to remember and pass on to new people expecting to buy this as a stand alone..

my opinion --expansions are $19 to $29 dollars---full stand alone game is $50

DUH
ripping off the noobs and getting them to buy 2 priceless

sparks88

Man, your are not well informed are you..

2 new professions yes, but...

More skills and elites for current professions, rumor has it that it may be 350 all together rather than the 300 stated.

Newer weapons, they may introduce dual wielding for warriors and assassins.

Newer Armor, specific to factions areas, dont think that warriors will have more than 85, cause I doubt they will. And some high class armor will use the saphires and rubies.

The ability to port your current character into factions.

Guild Hall updates, a storage chest and merchant.

There will be more I assume, we will have to wait and see for the March event.

xorthis
February 20th, 2006, 7:36 am 

If people read the FAQ's anet posted and kept up to date with the updates they always post you would know:

From the start they said every 9 months or so they would release an expantion with the same amount of content as the origional release.

In Factions that means:

Over 60 new areas
A bunch of new mission styles, PvP and Co-Op.
An alliance system.
Over 300 New skills in total for EXISTING and NEW professions.
Loads of new armour and weapons, as well as new faces and haistyles for core professions.
New pets.

The way it works is this... If you have GW and decide to not buy factions, you can't access Cantha, you can't play as an assasin or ritualist and you can't use any of the new skills they introduce for the new classes. If you wanted the new classes will still be able to use the new weapons like dual wield, even if you don't buy it, however you can't customise so damage would be limited.

If you don't have core and buy factions you can't access Tyria, but you will have access to all the core professions and skills as well as the new ones. However again you would be limited in the armours and items you can use as you would have to trade with someone who did have Core and Chapter 2.

If you have Both core and factions, you get everything! Loads of content, loads to do. It may seem that people buying the Factions set without core gets a lot more content than people who already have core, but if you think about what happens when chapter 3 gets released you'll understand how the chapter system works. Think about in a few years when 4-5 chapters are avaliable, then for someone coming into the frachise it's more a selection of what content do they want, which is how Anet want it :)

sinshar
February 20th, 2006, 9:14 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

I can't wait.... Think of it this way.
It is going to be alot like the way magic the gathering did it..
Where Most of the main expansions could be played singly, or Together.
I would rather pay 50 bucks every 9 months then pay 191 bucks a year.
Granted, Guildwards is worth about what it costs.

[ 14 posts ]