top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Does anyone play this insanely good game anymore? : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 7 posts ] 
hawkeyeblast
March 19th, 2007, 9:59 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked

Does anyone like this game anymore? Cause I just baught Nightfall and instantly i fell in love with the best mmorpg game i have played in years. And Ive played em all, WoW, NWK,Runescape,Diablo,Baldurs Gate,FlyFF, anyways back to the point of Guild Wars. I just got the game but im in a sort of a jam, lv wise and all. And could use help getting used to the game, thats all. Thank you for listening.

And please talk to me, Character name, Hawk Eye Blast

hardsell
March 19th, 2007, 10:50 pm 
premium
premium

Cash on hand:

I've been doing Lotro beta since I got in beta, probably a lot of people are too...

You are playing a good chapter Nightfalls is great because of the heroes and that you can give them runes, weapons set their skills and attributes even cast their spells/skills when you want....

those heros can help you level turn the female prot monk into a healing monk instead of a prot monk keep both monks and koss for your three heros and you are good to go

they say gw isn't a grind but it most definitely is if you want each character to have all skills available you need to grind out 37? or so levels to earn a skill point for each new time you become level 20 when the quests are all done (sure you can buy pvp chars skill sets but that doesn't help pve'ers)

gw is great at what it does.... no monthly fees ......the perfect second game when your main id down for maintenance

it doesn't sound like I've played gw for 26 months but I have and perhaps burned out on it....

maybe GW2 will be better as there is no way anyone can compete gear wise with old timers who could aoe easily, had chests and wreckage that required no keys etc.

hardsell

hawkeyeblast
March 20th, 2007, 6:00 pm 

Thanks for listenin. And well, I use GW as my first, not my second game of choice. And well, Ive played the regular version, just about to buy Nightfall actually, and i was wondering if nightfall gets all characters, including the originals and the Factions char because i dont want to have to by and download Factions just for the assassin which i hear is a great class for the shadow abilities and critical chance.

Thank you for your time,
Hawkeyeblast

rtlaverty
April 2nd, 2007, 6:01 pm 

Nightfall does not get the Factions char.

sshaun007
August 1st, 2007, 9:54 am 

Prophecies (Original), Factions, and Nightfall all give you access to the 6 Core Professions.. They are Elementalist, Mesmer, Monk, Necromancer, Ranger, and Warrior.

Factions gives you access to the professions mentioned above, AND Assassins and Ritualists, but no Dervish or Paragon.

Nightfall, however, gives you access to the Core Professions, Dervish, and Paragon, but not Assassin and Ritualist.

Wild_Monkey
August 1st, 2007, 3:42 pm 
premium
premium

Cash on hand:

hardsell (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
they say gw isn't a grind but it most definitely is if you want each character to have all skills available you need to grind out 37? or so levels to earn a skill point for each new time you become level 20 when the quests are all done (sure you can buy pvp chars skill sets but that doesn't help pve'ers)

gw is great at what it does.... no monthly fees ......the perfect second game when your main id down for maintenance

the game isn't for hardcore gamers...it caters to casual gamers. It doesn't take forever to level up to 20. Which means you can play the game instead of concentrating on grinding to get max level.

Leveling your character to gain skill points is rather easy...just find a good farm you can do in hard mode and you'll have plenty of skill points in no time. Besides that point you don't need ALL the skills as many are worthless and some are duplicates.

I used to think the game was a great "second game"....until I got burned out on traditional MMO's...City of Heroes/Villains (closest I got to max was 33)...EVE (no max levels but the grind for acquiring wealth in that game is insane)...LOTRO (played it for a bit in Beta...typical mmo grind...by that time I was burned out pretty much)....MxO (closest I ever got to max was 41)....I hated that grind...I love the grind in Guild Wars. There is indeed grind in Guild Wars...but it's not required to play the game. The grind is for the extra stuff you want to get like titles. Some of those I'm working on....but I don't mind it...it's a goal...and if I get tired of it I know I can take a break and go do something else with my max level characters.

Having alts in this game is nothing like having alts in City of Heroes/Villains or LOTRO. In those games you tried to concentrate on one character because if you didn't none of your characters would reach max level without throwing away your life on the grind to get there on all of them.

The "no monthly fee" part is just a bonus to me.

The only other game that came close to drawing my interest as much as Guild Wars was Star Wars Galaxies. You could level in that game fairly quickly and it really didn't feel a great deal like a grind. The only real grind I experienced was the grind to Jedi....got within 2 weeks of reaching padawan doing the village grind. That was before the NGE and after the CU though....the game is !@#$%^&* now.

To the OP...it's best to get your advice to someone who doesn't consider GW to be a "second game"...

tried to contact you in game but it tells me "Hawk Eye Blast" doesn't exist....it's been a bit since you posted this so perhaps you've remade your characters or something...if that's the case post a name so I can contact you in game...I'll help you out.

Tault_admin
August 2nd, 2007, 10:00 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Well put :)

[ 7 posts ]