top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

FoW chest runner guide request : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
firekil
November 20th, 2005, 10:09 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
hi i have heard lately that fow chest running is quite profitable and i was wondeirng if someone could make a guide to it. the guide shoud include the buidl u use and the areas that the chests are most likely to spawn in

thanks in advance

xipetotec
November 27th, 2005, 9:37 am 

Here's my chest running build

W/Mo- vital blessing, sprint, balanced stance, healing sig, smite hex, holy vail, mark of prot, purge conditions

W/Mo- mending, healing hands, sprint, purge conditions, smite hex, balzars spirit, healing sig, rush

full Glad set with one Knights or Asc piece for absorb....sup vig and abs runes, rest minor

FoW chest .......the one without a needed key.......i've heard 2 peeps say this week they have been making runs nonstop for about 3 days and they have compiled 2 crstalines each, i've yet to test but what i have actually done is make the GP runs get about 1-2 chests then just walk back into town, this aslo works for the Citadel area really good....me and one other have been doing a 2 man chest run at Citadel where one guy opens the chest to see if it's gold or not that way least amount of keys waisted just run all the way to Mineral springs and rezone back

5 runs in GP 60 keys each run....each run payed for it'self, another run, and some items of good statute

10 runs in Citadel 100 keys per.....i'm finally a millionare in GW because of this

all in all it turned out to be a good investment

today is 11-27-05.....i just did about 2 hours of runs with my bud 50 key runs from Citadel to Mineral Springs...he got 2 sup Vigors, and i got 8 sup monk runes

it does work pretty well still seems the only nerf part is the amount of money you spend on keys, and that sometimes a 20 key or 40 key run will not pay for it'self.....so if you can get about 30-40 shiverpeak keys from farming the bloody trolls in about 1 hour you can use the gold you get to buy about 10-20 more you will be all set to make a good run War camp runs and Citadel runs seem to be the same drops so make your choice and HF!!

shanusone
November 27th, 2005, 3:40 pm 

I am kinda lost on that explanation. :( What is gp?

firekil
November 27th, 2005, 6:01 pm 

tahx a lot for the guide, i will test this and c if it resally is that profitable.

PS: a chest that doesnt need a key in FoW???

xipetotec
November 28th, 2005, 4:05 am 

shanusone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I am kinda lost on that explanation. :( What is gp?

Grenth's Footprint.......just outside of Warcamp

shanusone
November 28th, 2005, 8:06 am 

ok just never heard someone use GP in refernce to grenths Footprint

firekil
November 29th, 2005, 12:56 pm 

ok, i haev tried the granite citadel running, first-after about 8 runs, it became near impossible to find a chest that wasnt surrounded by 20 monsters, second- any heretic meant the end of me, third- when i went to the mineral springs and back, there is always a group with a heretic coming right at me and it was impossible to avoid a.k.a. death and I had to go start all over from the granite citadel. if you could please post a route that u can take to areas where there are ussualy chests, or jsut post a video it would be very helpful.

thanx

shanusone
November 29th, 2005, 4:05 pm 

also does anyone know where this chest is in FOW?

xipetotec
November 29th, 2005, 7:41 pm 

shanusone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
also does anyone know where this chest is in FOW?

once you make your way past the first NPC you will go left-ish through a small canyon to an open area....to the immediate right is the way to the FoW armor if you go directly strait you will face the Huge dragons....on top of that hill is the FoW chest that needs no key

i suggest you practice running before you start burrning your money away...the only run that can compare to what you will be facing here is the run from Ebmer Light to the NPC at the end of that first quest on Perdition Rock, practice there and you will be ready..

prepare for bleeding, hexes, and cripple......so Holy Vail, Purge Cond, Smite Hex are an idea, aslo you can get away with NOT bringing Charge!, and bring Healing Hands instead....Mending a must with Watchfull spirit for some areas, Sprint with Endure pain, or Rush with Balz Spirit....I Will Survive! if your running out of blood too much... i've alreay posted my builds above...

DO YOUR BEST!!!

i've only been doing the FoW chest runs for 1 week now, i'm also trying a 100 Obesi Key, so basicaly what i do is get the easiest Obes chest's i can find(usually about 1-2), then i backtrack and get the main chest without a key

shanusone
November 29th, 2005, 11:25 pm 

i have made that run before from emer as well as droks/marhans/citadel runs. so i am not to worried about that. i just didn't want to burn money looking all over the place for the chest :)

total bard
November 30th, 2005, 12:15 am 

firekil (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
PS: a chest that doesnt need a key in FoW???

yeah there's also a chest every1 claims is dangerous to open if u want shards (LOL!), once u do the 1st task for the ghost, there is a chest inside of the "building", usually u get a purple req 13 item out of it.

shanusone
November 30th, 2005, 11:33 am 

could you post a sceenie of the chest or a video showing exactly where it is? i went in today with a guildie who lives in FOW. we could not find the unkeyed chest. we got to the dragons easily. just couldn't find the chest. Thanks.

shanusone
December 2nd, 2005, 10:52 am 

Guess not... :/

deadlyblowfish
December 4th, 2005, 2:10 am 

Cash on hand:

Guess not... :/

i think he means the first mission chest

shanusone
December 4th, 2005, 9:10 am 

don't you have to do the misson to get the chest? if so how is that a chest run per say?

Also He says the chest is "you will face the Huge dragons....on top of that hill is the FoW chest that needs no key" that would not be first misson chest. First mison chest is in big room before the big battlefield

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next