How to stop Hexes on Self : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 3 posts ] 
seniorfrito
March 6th, 2008, 10:27 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

I've got this guild leader I've been trying to take on who does these nasty degen hexes on me. I can't seem to stop them. I thought that Purge Conditions would do the trick but it hasn't. What skills can I get as a D/Mo or really D/anything that will stop this. It's really pretty smart, he just keeps his enemies at a distance and continuously puts on these -8 to -10 degens on them.

Anyway, any help would be nice. I would like to be able to not only get rid of the hexes, but also any conditions. Now remember he uses multiple hexes and one is an elite. So getting rid of one will just slow down my death.

blackllotus
March 6th, 2008, 3:24 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Hex removal skills you might look at with a monk secondary are Cure Hex, Remove Hex, and Purge Signet. While Purge Signet will remove all of the hexes cast you on it costs a ton of energy (-10 per hex removed) and has a 20 second recharge time. I would suggest Remove Hex over Cure Hex because it has a lower recharge time but the healing on Cure Hex is nice if you already have points invested in healing prayer.

For Dervish hex removal you could look at Pious Restoration. It has a few conditions that need to be satisfied but it means you wouldn't have to tie up your secondary profession.

Expel Hexes (Mesmer skill) is also a possibility and is like Remove Hex instead it removes 2 hexes instead of 1. It's also an elite skill so it may not be a good choice.

TBH, your monks should be bringing along hex removal as well.

michielb
March 26th, 2008, 7:01 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
well, if you want to counter those hateful hexes. And ur a Dervish u can counter it kinda easy, by either using the elite enchantment Vow Of Silence, witch grants you immunity to all spells (including hexes) witch u can recast every 10 sec with a 1/4 casting time, so not much to counter that. And your second option = Avatar of Dwayna, witch makes u able that everytime u use a skill, u gain like 45 hp and lose 1 Hex, so just carry a fast repeatable skill like pious haste or something, so u lose his hexes in a fast rate: so fast he wont be able to keep them on you because of Energie problems ^^
Sry for my bad english :P
Michiel B

[ 3 posts ]