I might make a guide for premium membership... : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
farts_mcgee
August 9th, 2005, 11:38 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Well, I have been on these forums for about a week now, and am getting a little curious to see what the premium membership holds. I do not have access to paypal or a credit card nor do i want to spend the money on it. So, I am thinking of making a guide. I am an excellent trade and a master at buying and selling all items. Especially items on warriors.

So my plan is to make a guide on alot of weapons items dyes runes etc, and list their current price and I will also include persuasion tips for selling. I do not wish to go into to much detail on my plan for a guide atm, but if anyone is interested in this guide, please post your opinion here. I really want feedback on what you guys want so I can up my chances of getting premium membership. Taht is the only reason I want to do it so i want to make it worth my while.

Yes, I do know prices are very flexable but i plan on updating this very often. I also will plan on letting people post their items on this thread and then asking me what they are worth, and tips on selling them. Also, i could help people learn how to buy items cheap. For example, on items, weapons especially, a key thing when buying is to make the item you are buying sound like crap. Tell the owner that it isnt that good and heavly point out all it's bad points and just keep on hammering it down so it looks like it sucks, this should persuade the owner to lower the price and make them want to get rid of it more, when you are selling items you want to make the item sound godly. Brag about every good point about it and make the customer feel like they are seeing a great deal, say that the item is worth more than it actually is, like, say that the item you are selling is worth 40k but you are giving a screaming deal of only 30k.

Anywho, i could make an appraisal service as well, I would really appreciate it if everyone could post their oppinion on what they want. Thanks!

Last edited by farts_mcgee on August 10th, 2005, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

myexcuse
August 10th, 2005, 12:22 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
start an appraisal service!

im also interested in making, not a guide, but a program that constantly updates the price. im not sure how i could do this but .. im looking into ways to do it.

sounds like a good idea.. make it worth the while of this forum and im sure you'll get premium

myexcuse
August 10th, 2005, 12:28 am 

start an appraisal service!

im also interested in making, not a guide, but a program that constantly updates the price. im not sure how i could do this but .. im looking into ways to do it.

sounds like a good idea.. make it worth the while of this forum and im sure you'll get premium

tault_kaeus
August 10th, 2005, 4:01 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts
premium

Cash on hand:

Actually I'd Greatly Appreciate a price list as long as it would be updated fairly well. Many times I go to buy stuff and usually I get a lol you're a noob response because I've never bough that item before or becuase they just plain overprice.

farts_mcgee
August 10th, 2005, 11:38 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Sorry about the first post, it sorta got messed up, it's now updated.

myexcuse
August 10th, 2005, 1:38 pm 

Weapon upgrades and weapons are the main thing that would be helpful.

i mean its insane how the prices fluctuate to the point of annoyance. ill go into one district and see a +20 sword hilt of fortitude going for 10k and in another district/town ill see the same hilt going for 800g.

i wish there was some sort of average i could go by to bargain at and to sell at.

farts_mcgee
August 10th, 2005, 6:28 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

I could make an appraisal service...

And I could include some basic prices for some items etc. and throw in some helpful trading tips.

farts_mcgee
August 10th, 2005, 6:56 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Oh wow. Oops. This is in the wrong forum. I meant for it to be in Guide Discussions. If any moderator see's this will you please move it for me?

dave3030
August 10th, 2005, 8:08 pm 

I think this is a great idea!

farts_mcgee
August 12th, 2005, 10:24 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Well. For selling, you always want to sell it as high as you can get it. Like I said before, brag about every aspect of it, and make it seem as godly as you can. Persuade the customer to buy it, and persuade them to believe this is the best item ever.

What this accomplishes is makes the customer really see how good it is. Makes them understand why they would pay so much for the item.

Also, don't ever let anyone bargain with you, unless you really are that desperate in selling the item. Like, if you are selling a shield for 20k, and the customer says: Well, how about 17k? This is when you wouls want to take advantage of the moment and brag about the shield, and say this is why it is worth 20k, not 17. Say that for a shield this good, 20k is a screaming deal.

:)

tault_libertygone
August 12th, 2005, 3:53 pm 

Okay, I guess you can post a guide about that but... it really has nothing to do with exploiting or bugs... you are just trying to teach people how to be an excellent door-to-door salesman...

farts_mcgee
August 15th, 2005, 1:30 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Well, would this get me premium membership, if I do a good job at it? Because if I do do a good job and it dosent get me membership, I would like to know in advance. If not I wont be very happy..

:)

tault_libertygone
August 16th, 2005, 12:05 am 

Here's you:
"I have a really cool car for sale, and it's really nice. But we haven't built the car yet, and we won't do it until you pay us the money. We can't tell you any details about it either! So, do you want to buy it?"

Here's me:
"Show me the damn car or get outta my face."

bammargera
August 16th, 2005, 2:27 am 

Tault_libertygone (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Here's you:
"I have a really cool car for sale, and it's really nice. But we haven't built the car yet, and we won't do it until you pay us the money. We can't tell you any details about it either! So, do you want to buy it?"

Here's me:
"Show me the damn car or get outta my face."

O.W.N.E.D

man just bloody submit it - if now u wont be on the prem list

farts_mcgee
August 16th, 2005, 9:56 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

What? No, what I need now if for people to help me start me service. And Bam, I dont see you walking around with premium so stfu.

What I need is for people to start asking me about their items and weapons so I can APPRAISE them.

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next