top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

soloing the UW O.O' : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 11 posts ] 
saul the great
August 23rd, 2005, 9:37 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
ok so I have some friends who can solo the UW with their monks. and i know the attirubtes you need to solo it and i know you need all sup monk runes til you have 55 health. but what i DONT know is what skills you need and when to use them. im working on fissure armor for the ele so i need to know this stuff. can anyone give me a *guide* for soloing the UW? i need it badly... thanks! :mrgreen:

kilner
August 23rd, 2005, 10:40 pm 

ok

tault_danceofthedead
August 24th, 2005, 1:37 pm 

for 25 bucks you can get the build

tault_vx28
August 24th, 2005, 1:40 pm 

Why dont you ask your so called friends??..............

farts_mcgee
August 25th, 2005, 12:33 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Buy Premium Membship for a small fee of $25

OR

Submit a detailed Guide, Exploit, Hack, or Bot AFTER reading the rules found HERE.

dems21
August 25th, 2005, 6:12 am 

Found at http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.p ... ge=1&pp=10

To get rid of all those pesky threads involving the invinci-monk build, I think it would be better if we just had a single thread that would answer every question about it. More questions and answers will probably be added later.

Q: How do you get 55 health?
A: By using 5 superior monk runes (Since there are only 4 different types, you have to use 2 of the same type) and an item from a quest called "Cities of Ascalon," Which gives you -50 health for no apparent reason. (I heard that you could not do this quest anymore, but I'm not sure. Someone correct me.)

Q: How do you get 17 protection?
A: You have get your Protection up to 12 with attribute points, then use a superior rune to add +3 and a protection giving head piece that adds another +1. Now that you have 16, you have to get an item that has a 20% of increasing Protection by 1 outside of Bloodstone Fen. Keep recasting casting Protective Bond and removing the enchantment by double clicking on the small icon until the enchantment drains only 1 energy per hit. If Protective Bond drains only 1 energy per hit, it means that your protection was 17 at the time it was cast.

Q: What skills do I need to use for Underworld Farming, or invinci-monk farming in general?
A: Most People use the following skills:
Bonetti's Defense
Divine Boon (usually)
Balthazar's Aura
Zealot's Fire
Mending (or Healing Breeze)
Balthazar's Spirit
Essence Bond
Protective Bond

Q: What should I prepare before I enter battle?
A: First, recast Protective Bond until the 20% +1 Protection item takes effect. Then cast Balthazar's Aura and Balthazar's Spirit. If you have Mending, and not Healing Breeze, cast that too. Most people then change their attribute point placement by putting protection down and smiting to as high as it can go. If you can afford it, it's also good to bring another headpiece to increase smiting with another superior rune attached to it. Right before the battle starts, cast Zealot's Fire (which does not suck up an energy pip, like the other 3 or 4 enchantments) and cast Healing Breeze if you have it.

Q: Should I bring Mending or Healing Breeze?
A: Mending is usually the better choice if you have a low maximum health (55-105), since bleeding can have a large effect on (percentage-wise) a lower maximum health (This is my opinion; others may disagree with me). Healing Breeze is better used if you have a larger amount of maximum health (105-???), since the Healing Breeze pip regeneration is higher than Mending. The only problem with Healing Breeze is that it is risky (it can be interrupted, while mending is a maintained enchantment) but you'll get an extra pip of regeneration if you use healing breeze.

Q: What the hell is with this!? I did nothing wrong, but I suddenly died for no reason!
A: It's a glitch. Protective Bond probably just decided to take off and run away. Better luck next time.

Q: I can't kill the phantoms/axes at the beginning!
A: This part is hard and annoying. The axes, ironically, are sword warriors that use Severe Artery to make you bleed. The Phantoms also use several spells to drain bits of your energy. This is where rhythm comes into play.
Start attacking one of the axes with whatever weapon you have right away, then cast bonetti's defense once it charges. Wait a few seconds, then cast either Balthazar's Aura or Zealot's Fire (if you do not already have Zealot's Fire up, I recommend that you cast it). Use Divine Boon whenever your health gets below half or so. Whatever you do, do not use a skill too soon after another. If you start spamming skills, you might drain away all your energy. Also, the axes and phantoms have a better chance of interrupting you. Once you finish up the phantoms and axes, go outside into smite crawler/cold fire territory.

Q: How hard are the smite crawlers?
A: Smite crawlers are VERY easy to kill. They attack very fast and replenish your energy fast too. It is okay to spam skills when fighting Smite crawlers. Just makes sure not to attack them (as they might knock you down with Signet of Judgement) and you'll be fine. They are similar to fighting the minataurs in the Elona's Reach mission, which is a nice practice spot. The hard part of fighting smiters is the patrolling Cold Fires. Cold Fires are extremely hard to kill, but they have set patrolling patterns. Smiters do not, and if you gain the attention of one smiter, the entire designated group of smiters is likely to follow you. The movement of the smiters will not gain the attention of the Coldfires. The hard part about farming smite crawlers is the aggro management.

Q: Are they going to nerf the monk build?
A: Anet will almost surely not nerf the build itself. If they ever decide to nerf it, they'll nerf the underworld. However, I do not think they will nerf anything about this any time soon. There is no possible way they do not know about the solo underworld build, and if they were ever going to nerf it, they would have probably done it sooner. I'm sure other people disagree with me, though.

Q: When the superior monk runes got so high in price, was that an Anet Nerf?
A: No. A group of people were suddenly aware of this new build (probably because of one of the threads here) and the price went up like crazy. Anet would not want to nerf the superior monk runes; many honest monks like to use the superior runes for things other than farming (Amazing, isn't it?)

Q: Can I use the invinci-monk farmer for anything besides the underworld?
A: Yes. You can use it for the farming spot right outside of Droknor's Forge in that cave, minataurs in Elona's Reach, Griffins in the desert, Trolls in the desert (Is that what they are called?) and an alteration of it for farming tengu outside of riverside province.

Q: this is old news...everyon nose about it...now even more people no...u r a n00b...u suck your mothers...
A: What difference would that make beside drive down the prices of ecto? The cheaper the ecto is, the easier it is to get the fissure armor. I see no harm in making it clear for some people how it would work (and as I said before, if Anet were to nerf the build, they would have probably done it before). And no flaming or ranting or any of that. Some people have these huge arguments over threads, trying to insault each other, when they don't even know who they are, or even met each other, or anything! What the hell is with that? I'm trying to be helpful, so NO RANTING OR FLAMING! NO BAD NO! Thanks.

Q: Power Mesmers pwn u.
A: I agree, Power Mesmers are awsome! Go check out that thread. Yay for Mesmers!

If I missed anything, make sure to tell me. Thanks...I worked hard on this, so somebody better appreciate this!

syris_online
August 28th, 2005, 2:40 pm 

This is the reason I started playing WoW. Monk builds are so 1990. :P

blackop7
August 29th, 2005, 2:41 am 

syris_online (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Ppl who hate on GW tend to forget WOW has a bunch of expansion, and GW just came out like 3 months ago

deadlyblowfish
August 30th, 2005, 1:04 pm 

Cash on hand:

syris_online (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

gw wasnt out in 1990...

syris_online
August 30th, 2005, 1:47 pm 

deadlyblowfish (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

gw wasnt out in 1990...

lol...read it again.

We need a sarcasm tag on this forum. Those rock.

deadlyblowfish
August 30th, 2005, 1:49 pm 

Cash on hand:

deadlyblowfish (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

gw wasnt out in 1990...

lol...read it again.

We need a sarcasm tag on this forum. Those rock.

i understood, i was killing the joke. :roll: <--- Closest thing we have to a sarcastic smilie.

[ 11 posts ]