top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

The W/Rt UW solo build... : GW Guide Discussion

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 12 posts ] 
the_dabhand
October 19th, 2007, 5:07 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
which I may post here on a later date depending on how many are interested lol :P

Been a while since I was last here, had a 18 month break from GW to come back to hectic running around in GWEN etc.

There is even a nice Ranger/hero/henchies build for the last mission in GWEN, so you can stock up on Drok greens.

allistor666
October 20th, 2007, 6:03 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Nice, post up.

the_dabhand
October 21st, 2007, 4:38 am 

Ill write it up when I get the chance :)

allistor666
October 21st, 2007, 7:22 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Roger.

the_dabhand
October 23rd, 2007, 3:41 am 

Sorry it took a bit, been rather busy.

But here it is

You will need the following skills for this to work..

Dolyak Signet
"Watch Yourself"
Bonnetti's Defence
Enraging Charge
Sprint - not neccessary but handy to make an escape if you screw things up
Vengeful Weapon
Vengeful Was Khanhei (elite Rt skill)
Generous Was Tsungrai

You need a decent -5 dmg (20%) shield with 30hp
Also a weapon, Spear or axe or even a sword, with +30hp and hopefully a 6 or 7 vs dmg mod equipped on it.

The skills you should have

Tactics 12 or 13 (use whatever runes and armor to get it e.g. +1 tactics helmet and +2 rune)
Strength 9 or 10 (again use runes to get it like 8 skill and +1 rune)
Restoration Magic 12

And you can add radiant insignia's for the +6 energy, very very handy but not always needed but helps just the same :)

Now head into UW, you will get the quest from that annoying lost soul (many many months of hating that guy lol)

Now you will have to agro and pull the Grasps that appear, usually 3 or 4, if the aatxes follow you can use sprint to run (good time to use sprint) to somewhere far and the aatxes will return to their position and hopefully the grasps will follow. (or you can use a bow even without being a ranger just to pull them)

Once they get to you, you can do this.

Dolyak Sig - then attack with your weapon you need the adrenalin for Bonetti's Defence. (needs 8 adrenalin) and since your tactics is up you should get 10 seconds of 75% chance of blocking attacks and +5e each block.

But since we arent really interested in energy, we are interested in Vengeful Was Khanhei (VWK just to make it easier to type) right after or shortly after the Bonetti's defence.

With 12 restoration magic, you will get 10 seconds of stealing 29 health per mob, which is very handy with 3 or 4 hitting you. So you can steal from 87-112 health per hit.

So just repeat, with Dolyak Sig, Bonetti's Defence (should have a nice supply of adrenalin coming in) and VWK. If you time it right and repeat as VWK is about to end, then you should keep it going and soon kill each one.

After you kill the groups of grasps, you can get outside, and aim for the smites.

Smites as people know is the source of ecto's they are what you want.

But...... Always attack them somewhere safe where you know there is no patrols, especially from the Cold Nights (they are evil) with this build.

Once in a safe place just repeat the same combo as before. If you do get a cold night appearing near you, use sprint to get out of there. Then reget the sprites and carry on killing.

You can if you wish take resillient weapon instead of sprint if you want to go for the Cold Nights, even throw in a Signet of Stamina if you just want to go nuts and hope for the best lol

You can also take Mend Body and Soul if you dont want to take the healing sig, that way you dont have -40 armour.

Try a few times, it may cost you a few plat to go in, but your mostly wanna go in for chests and ecto's anyway so I would suggest the sure way of doing it.

But as I said the build is versatile so go ahead and add your fav choices, even "To the Limit" will work if you cant get Enraging Charge.

This build should work on other types of mobs non-UW. But make sure they dont do anything over 30 dmg or it will overwhelm you.

Feel free to add ideas to the build.

EDIT: Dont forget you have other skills on your bar too you can use :)

the_dabhand
October 23rd, 2007, 4:17 am 

Forget to mention, after the grasps you will want to run out the right hand side towards the smites. So sprint is handy.

Also in between VWK use and in use, you may wanna use Vengeful Weapon for 51 health steal. And a Watch Yourself to help minimise damage as your adrenalin rises for Bonetti's Defence, which will replenish your energy in a few seconds, in time for another VWK.

It will take you a few goes until you get the idea on how to do it.

And just remember be patient and keep in safe area's and you should be ok.

Also you should be able to use any other professions with a Rt to solo UW.

E/Rt could be

VWK
VW
and the ele skills being
Glyph of Lesser Energy
Glyph of Concentration
Kinetic Armor
Stoneflesh Aura
Armor of Earth
Earth Attunement

With points in

Restoration Magic 12
Earth Magic 12/13
Energy Storage 7/8

Different in way to handle things, since ele's dont have sprint, its a good idea to kill the Aatxe's first.

Agro the first group of Aatxe's and run back to behind the far away NPC, they will hit him first instead.

Then in this order.

Earth Attunement - Kinetic Armor - Glyph of Lesser - Armor of Earth - Stoneflesh Armor

Then when you go to fight them, Glyph of Concentration and when you get attacked, use VWK.

Now when your fighting the Aatxes use GoC then use Stoneflesh Aura, GoLE and then Armor of Earth. This will help keep you safe and maintain a nice energy level, which you can use VW now and again to help top up your health in time for another VWK.

DO NOT SPAM VW!!! or say goodbye to your energy, its so easy to get bored and decide to spam it if you do no energy = no VWK etc. Just remember to keep up Kinetic Armor in time for VWK again.

Once the Aatxe's are dead look around the start area for Dying Nightmares.

You dont need Kinetic Armor for these, as trying to keep that up with it being removed alot will kill your energy, so just use Armor of Earth and Stoneflesh Aura.

If you time right and use GoC before all your enchantments, your energy will be safe and you should get interrupted at all, remember to use VWK when you feel its safe to do so, if that gets interrupted ouch!

Dying Nightmares are annoying because they use adrenalin based attacks, so best to run about sometimes to keep that down to a minimum, if you stand about they will spam "Fear Me!" which will reduce your energy.

If they do use it, run away until you get 5 energy for you to use GoLE, VWK and then Armor of Earth.

Once the area is cleared talk the Lost Soul for the quest.

Smites you only need to use VWK and VW.

allistor666
October 23rd, 2007, 11:45 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Wow ty very nice

corpsman6969
October 24th, 2007, 10:24 am 

NAY!!!! http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Build:W/Rt_VWK_farmer

the_dabhand
October 24th, 2007, 2:40 pm 

I see, not only does my guide have a bit more detail, its only similar in skills used.

Why?

Because the skills I listed are useful for stages of UW are also whats listed there.

Some Rt skills that maximize health regen during fights, no point putting in some that give lesser?

There is only one Dolyak Signet, there is only one VWK, all skills are vital for smite farming.

I tell you what, why not give us your W/Rt build which gives the same maximised health gain, I guarentee you cant.

I see they have a similar build for the ele too.

But the skills needed are the only way to survive in UW as an ele (especially solo).

But here is another challenge, what about other stuff ive posted, like the W/Mo i posted about 16 months ago. If you think I copied that then go out and look and try to find if I did, I guarentee you may not, but dont be surprised to find similar as certain skills are always necessary for successful builds.

Never ceases to amaze me, people read something elsewhere thats kind of similar (mine isnt and has more detail) and they think people copied it.

Different if it was word for word, but in this case I typed it up and even had to post another to include details I forgot to mention.

Again

There is only one Dolyak Sig
and only one VWK

Try a build without the skills listed and see how long you last fighting grasps and smites in UW.

Tault_admin
October 24th, 2007, 10:08 pm 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

Yea i agree with his. Can we get one more yay so this can be moved to confirmed.

allistor666
October 25th, 2007, 1:48 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Yay

farts_mcgee
November 11th, 2007, 5:05 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

corpsman6969 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

[ 12 posts ]