farts_mcgee
August 17th, 2005, 12:24 am 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Please post your opinions!
RIVERSIDE - FARMING TENGU - BY FARTS_MCGEE - FOR PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ok, so I have found a sweet way to make tons of money, and I haven't seen any topics about this yet. This is an exploit to help you become rich.

Alright, first of all. I suggest being a W/Mo or a Mo/w. Now, get to level 20 and go to lakeside province. Go out the north east exit, and begin your journey.
Tengu Map

Ok. Now I start at the portal. What I do is actually run by the first group of mesmer's and necros. If you go slowly, you will see that after a while they will regroup. That is when I will cast sprint and stay as close to the side as I can. Either the left side or the right, depending on where the group spawned. I will run to the big yellow dot on the map. You see the purple dot? That is where I stop and cast Baltazar's spirit. Now look to the left, you see that green dot? That is a group of tengu. By the time I reach the big yellow dot, that group will have run all the way up there. I will wait until they come into my arrog bubble, then I will cast zealot's fire. Once that is done, I run to the right, to the other green dot, that is another Tengu group. What this does, is make this run, a lot faster and easier, since I have more people hitting me, I can get energy and HP faster and higher. So once I get the other group arrog'd, I stand still and let them all surround me. As soon as I do this, I quickly hit 6, which casts "Mark of Protection", after that I will wait until my energy gets back up to 25, which does not take long at all, and then I will hit 5 and cast "Balthazar's Aura". Then, if my health is a little low, I will hit 3 casting "Bonetti's Defense", but if it is not low, I will hit 4 and cast "Symbol of Wrath". After this I will cast "Bonnetti's Defense" and then hit 1 and cast "Healing Breeze". At about this time, the enemies should be playing "Ring around the Rosie" and be at the part where they ALL FALL DOWN!! Exciting story, isn't it? Ok, and after that, I will pick up my spoils, and then continue left. I will go left until I hit the other purple dot you see, and there I will hit 7 and cast "Zealot's Fire", then I will go to the blue dot on the map, and arrog that group. I will then repeat the same strategy. I wont bother to take out the last group across the bridge, but I just tele back and do it again. o_O
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is my skill set up:
1)Healing Breeze
2)Sprint
3)Bonetti's Defense
4)Symbol of Wrath
5)Balthazar's Aura
6)Mark of Protection(Elite)
7)Zealot's Fire
8)Balthazar's Spirit
-You can get Mark of Protection on the Thunderhead Keep mission. The boss called Bolis Hillshaker will have it.
Here is my attribute set up: (The only important ones, these include runes, so yours may vary.)
Healing Prayers: 8
Smiting Prayers: 12
Protection Prayers: 5
Tactics: 7
I use a smiting staff, the one that you get from the collector down in the desert, from minotaur horns, by Augury Rock.
I have all plate mail armor except my gloves; they are knights, used for reducing damage from attacks. I have a major vigor, major absorption, a minor tactics and a minor axe. A little secret (which is probably not a secret on this uber site) Major vigor gives you 41 health, and superior gives you 50. So you tell me, is it worth spending 40k+ more on 9 more HP?
After about every run, when you collect your spoils, you should expect to find, at the very least, 1 purple item. This is the VERY least you should expect. Once, 2 gold's dropped, from the first group that I fight. I think my biggest spoil I found was a superior vigor, which I sold for 45k. I get a lot of major runes, and a few superior, and every so often blue items.

GATES OF KRYTA UNDEAD FARMING - BY FARTS_MCGEE - FOR PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Another good place to farm I know of, is Gates of Kryta. You can pretty much use the same strategy as above. I’m sorry I don’t have any screens of it, since I don’t do it too often, since I personally think that Riverside farming is more effective. But, this is nice for low levels.
Anyway, what you do, is enter the gates of kryta mission, and then head left of the fence after you go under the arch. Follow the dirt path to the watch tower, and then go around it and behind it, very sneaky. Then go down the hill and stand in the middle of the flat ground. Wait a minute, and you will pretty much be engulfed in weak enemies. Once this is happening, start using the strategies above. You will get a lot of materials from this, and that's about it. An easy way to collect materials, especially for low levels.

AUGURY ROCK FARMING GRIFFON - BY FARTS_MCGEE - FOR PREMIUM MEMBERSIP
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This, is where I used to farm, before I found out about Riverside Province. This is a harder way to farm, but it does get you more experience. Take the west exit out of Augury Rock to begin your farmage. Below is a screen shot of the way to go to fight, where I stop is where I stop and fight. This should get about 14 griffons on me. Now, here is what you do when you reach the spot...
Griffon Area Run
The Skill Set
1)Bonetti's Defense
2)Cyclone Axe
3)Aura of Faith (Elite)
4)Vigourous Spirit
5)Zealot's Fire
6)Healing Breeze
7)Dolyak Signet
8)Live Vicariously
-Aura of Faith can also be found on Thunderhead Keep, close to the end.
The Attribute Set (Including runes, yours may vary)
Healing: 8
Smiting: 7
Strength: 11
Axe: 12
Tactics: 5
First thing to do when entering the zone is cast Live Vicariously. Then run along, collecting Minotaurs in your wake.
Once your energy has once again reached 20, you have collected enough monsters, and you have outrun all Rockshot Devourers, you are ready to initiate combat. Try not to be totally surrounded, but instead at a place where you just barely aggro'd your last group. Which is where I ended up on the screenie.
When you're ready, stand your ground, and cast
Dolyak Signet, Aura of Faith, Vigorous Spirit, Cyclone Axe, then Bonetti's Defence.
You may need to target and attack a monster if you do not have enough adrenaline for Bonetti's.
Once your Energy Bar reaches 20 (should be almost instant since you have so many units attacking you), cast
Zealots Fire, Healing Breeze, Cyclone Axe, and then Bonettis Defense.
At this point there should be enough monsters on you that you can cast Bonetties Defense instantly after Cyclone Axe.
Most healing comes from using Cyclone Axe, and most protection and energy come from using Bonetti's. Because Bonetti's ends once you use "any skill", you want to avoid interrupting it as much as possible.
So the primary pattern is Cyclone Axe, Bonettis, "pause", any skill that needs refreshing, Cyclone Axe, Bonetti's, "pause", etc. Pause only long enough so that you're not wasting Bonetti's, not so that you're significantly delaying the next usage of Cyclone Axe.
Healing Breeze will need to be refreshed once every 2 cycles. Vigorous Spirit will need to be refreshed once every 4 cycles.
Dolyak can be refreshed every 2 or so cycles, but is not too vital.
Zealots and Aura will not need to be refreshed.
Skill and absorption runes are very useful. As are items that absorb damage or add health. My armor and runes are the same, major vigor and absorption, minor tactics and minor axe.
I use to use mending, but here is why I don’t use it anymore:
Firstly, its effects during battle are negligible, it is only really useful for ensuring a mostly full health bar when initiating combat, something that can also be accomplished simply by being careful.

Secondly, having mending requires you to cast Live Vicariously during combat, a very time consuming (and therefore dangerous) spell.

Thirdly, in combination with Live Vicariously, mana regen becomes 0. And you need to keep your mana up!! So instead, after considering at a number of skills, I replaced it with Dolyak Signet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SO!! THIS IS ALL JUICY INFORMATION I KNOW ABOUT GUILD WARS...PRETTY MUCH . Man that took a freaking 2 hours! Ugh I'm a slow typer 0_o. Oh yea, and this is something else, a fancy little secret, If you go to menu>>options>>language, you can go to the very bottom, and there will be a language called Bork! Bork! Bork! And it makes all the words spelt funny! Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hope I didn’t forget anything...

Well, that about sum's it up. I hope you guys like what you see. I know I am sort of new to the site, but I really do like the site, and I like all the helpful information, and to think that all the real stuff is behind the curtains of premium membership. Something that I hope to soon beholding. Well, enough sucking up, I'm out, take care everyone!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2,214 Words – farts_mcgee – TaultUnleashed – Premium Membership

~8/17 Spellchecked and slightly revised

Last edited by farts_mcgee on August 20th, 2005, 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

tault_danceofthedead
August 17th, 2005, 7:26 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
already posted, gj

farts_mcgee
August 23rd, 2005, 4:24 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

So I take it this is staying in the Submission's and never coming into the Confirmed Guide's section? I mean they all work...

O _ o

tault_danceofthedead
August 23rd, 2005, 4:40 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
yea they all in confirmed guides already, it is nice though

farts_mcgee
August 23rd, 2005, 5:20 pm 
Active User > 50 Posts
Active User > 50 Posts

Cash on hand:

Bummer. Was really hoping that this would be what got me premium :) Oh well I got it.

Thanks danceofthedead

[ 5 posts ]