taultunleashed logoEQ2 Exploit: Charmed mob exploit 1-70 in 2 Weeks. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 65 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Exploit: Charmed mob exploit 1-70 in 2 Weeks. : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: April 22nd, 2006, 7:10 am

tault_divinepower
tault_divinepower's Reps:
You can get exp when your charmed pet dies.
First you need to do a tiny bit of damage to it.
Then charm it and get it killed.
This works for ^^^ mobs.
A really fast way to level a coercer.

Posted: April 24th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
You sure? I thought the rule where you have to apply atleast 50% dmg to the mobs health before you get anything would prevent this exploit.

Posted: April 25th, 2006, 3:42 pm

foil_ball_boy
foil_ball_boy's Reps:
i can sorta see this working, like do 50% damage, charm him then get him killed? i dunno im not a class that can charm

Posted: April 25th, 2006, 5:18 pm

tault_divinepower
Where does this 50pct of damage rule come from?

All you have to do is 1 point of damage - then u get the exp when your charmed pet dies. I read about it on foums (though they are keeping it quiet) - then I confirmed with my necro who can charm undead mobs

Posted: April 26th, 2006, 9:34 am

apoc69
apoc69's Reps:
(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Where does this 50pct of damage rule come from?

All you have to do is 1 point of damage - then u get the exp when your charmed pet dies. I read about it on foums (though they are keeping it quiet) - then I confirmed with my necro who can charm undead mobs

I'm going to assume you started playing after the release of DoF. But it was part of the
Combat upgrade and Live Update #13

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
Encounter Locking

* Non-epic encounters no longer automatically lock to your group when engaged.
* Epic encounters continue to follow the original encounter locking rules.
* When you have engaged a non-epic target, neither it nor your group will display the lock icon. Players outside your group can assist in your fight by damaging your enemies or healing you.
* The first player or group to attack a target will be the only ones to receive any reward for defeating it. This applies to loot, experience, and quest credit.

* If an encounter will give you no reward due to the new encounter rules, its name will turn grey. This lets you know that you will gain no loot or experience for defeating the encounter.
* If your group does less than half the damage necessary to defeat your target, the experience you gain will be reduced significantly.
* If an NPC other than a pet or charmed mob does more than 50% of the total damage to an encounter, that encounter will no longer reward coin or XP.

* Damage credit is correctly tracked if you add those who were helping you to the group before the target dies.
* Any faction increase or decrease earned by defeating the target will be applied to everyone the creature hates when it dies.
* Run-speed buffs are still suspended and health/power regen rates reduced when engaging an encounter. If you provide assistance to someone engaged in combat (either by healing that person or attacking his target), your run-speed buffs and health/power regen will be likewise affected. To flee or disengage from combat, you must still use the /yell command.
* You are now allowed to change group options and add or remove members from your group while fighting. (Note: This change does not apply when fighting epic encounters).
* If you have engaged your target and wish to ensure that no other players assist or interfere with the fight, use the /lock command. This will lock the target encounter to you or your group, preventing non-group members from healing you or attacking your target.
* If you prefer to always lock encounters when you engage them, you can specify this in the group options.
* Overmatch icons no longer display for non-epic encounters.
* The /yell command will break an encounter (restoring out-of-combat regen and movement buffs) whether or not it was explicitly locked via the /lock command.

Posted: April 26th, 2006, 3:38 pm

llew22

Total Posts: 47
llew22's Reps: 3
You won't get full exp from mobs unless you've done > X% damage to them. You also won't get loot. I was 2-boxing with 1 character outside the group finishing off kills after the other initiated. It seemed like I needed to do around 30-50% damage to get normal exp and loot, otherwise I would get just a tiny bit of exp and no drops or chests.

Same is probably true of charmed mobs, although I think you get 100% of bonus exp for heroics, which can be a decent amount.

Posted: April 27th, 2006, 2:54 pm

mdx360
mdx360's Reps:
Its true. I leveled my coercer from 1-70 in 2 weeks doing this... charm, pull, let your pet die,charm other mob,have it pull....rinse and repeat.
but i had a master charm for all levels to prevent brakes as I was killing orange^^^ at all times.

Posted: April 28th, 2006, 5:53 am

tault_divinepower
2 weeks, nice :)

I was thinking of making a coercer alt to get in on this myself.

Posted: April 28th, 2006, 7:04 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So yay or nay to moving to confirmed?

Posted: April 28th, 2006, 12:59 pm

mdx360
mdx360's Reps:
I would have to say yes. but this is going to be nerfed soon so get to work on it ASAP!

Posted: April 30th, 2006, 3:43 am

Tault_nazeroth

Total Posts: 1390
Tault_nazeroth's Reps: 1
premium
I can't confirm this my self, and it sounds a bit iffy. So i can't say either way unfortunately.

Posted: April 30th, 2006, 6:17 am

ninenine78
ninenine78's Reps:
I am testing this right now. I'll see if I can gather some screen shots and let you guys know.

Posted: April 30th, 2006, 7:37 am

ninenine78
ninenine78's Reps:
It works, today I was in archer's woods. I rooted, then did a direct damage to a 13^^^ forest warden. I then charmed said warden. I then sent it against level 14 badgers until it was dead. I got a full 7% XP. This was with the mob being 1 level below me. It works.

That being said, Coercers SUCK @$$. Who wants a pet that can turn around and start hitting you in the middle of the fight? This is with adept 3 charms and blue con mobs. I am deleting this toon now as it sucks that bad that I never want to see it again!

Posted: May 1st, 2006, 5:34 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yay or Nay

Posted: May 1st, 2006, 8:17 am

acapella75
acapella75's Reps:
As a lvl 70 Coercer, I can confirm this works. It doesnt matter how much damage you do to a mob, just need to damage it before you charm it and you get full xp for the pet dying. I have not found a mob yet that doesnt give me xp. If you have vitality you get like 1% a kill, otherwise 0.5% from an even con ^^^ mob.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online