taultunleashed logoEQ2 Cheat: Getting XP From Charmed Mobs - New Way!!!! : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 39 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 Cheat: Getting XP From Charmed Mobs - New Way!!!! : EverQuest 2 Nerfed Info

Posted: June 14th, 2006, 9:26 pm

squirrelycc

Total Posts: 109
squirrelycc's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
This is again for any class that can charm a mob! COERCERS!

Ok, just to clear this up, this is not a duplicate post... rather an exploit that sony believed they had fixed but I found away around it! The original post that got me interested (where I did confirm the exploit as well) was here:

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/vi ... hp?t=32364

Yes, Sony did Nerf this exploit. But not really.... I have a tactic that I tried out as I became frustrated when I realized that this was nerfed in LU24. Here it goes:

The old exploit explained that if you did a little damage to a mob and charmed it, you could send it into attack, let it get killed and you would get xp from your pet dieing, and then all you would have to do is charm the mob your pet died attacking. Then just repeat and re-use. Well... not anymore unfortunately, which I found dissapointing, but that is not the case... I figured out a way to get the same amount of xp as before but its a little bit more complex than before.

THE NEW PROCESS:
1) Charm a mob (and make sure its not on autu follow)
2) Have your pet attack a mob that is even with it
3) Let both your pet and what you are attacking go at it until your pet's health bar is red and its almost dead.
4) Qucikly root the thing you were attacking and release your pet....
5) Attack your former pet (that will be coming to attack you), and it should take 1 or 2 attacks to kill it since it is now in the red. ( this gives out 2-8% xp)
6) Now you have 2 options...
a) Charm the thing you were originally attacking with your pet,
wait for your power and health to regenerate and attack
another thing ..... Then follow these steps again;

OR

b) finish off the thing you were attacking, get xp from that, and
then go charm a brand new pet and follow these steps again.

7)Rinse and Re-Use

This new tactic is a little tough to master, but practice it and it gets easy... also I suggest that you go after mobs that are 2 or less, otherwise you will die (at least from my own experience since I couldnt manage having a pet go after more than a mob of 2. Also I have been doing this all day without any armor on, and gained 2 levels in a matter of 3 hours.)

The XP gain is the same as described on the old exploit from this link:
http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/vi ... hp?t=32364

Test it out, and please confirm!

P.S. .... any TU Bucks for this new and improved XP Exploit? =-D!!!!

Also if you have any questions, or need me to elaborate, send me a message or ask me to post more. Let me know!

Posted: June 14th, 2006, 9:52 pm

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Hahaha... I tried this with a ^^^ and when I released my pet... this could have killed me in 1 hit, but because of combat effects, it died as it was running back to me and I got 9% off of it!!!! Funny and Awesome at the same time!

Posted: June 14th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Can premium members say yay or nay to this being moved to a confirmed section.

Posted: June 15th, 2006, 12:24 pm

vermithrax
vermithrax's Reps:
Seems a LOT more dangerous, but hell, if it works... KICKASS!

I'll give this a go tonight after work... Been really depressed yesterday and today since I couldn't powerlevel my coercer anymore!

Good find!

Posted: June 15th, 2006, 3:35 pm

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Yea, I have to admit it is a bit more dangerous... but if you die a few times, it really doesnt matter, because experience debt goes away after successfully killing one mob by complete the steps above.

Has anyone tried yet so that they can confirm. I confirm it but we need more people to confirm it!

Posted: June 15th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yea just waiting on some good feedback :)

Posted: June 16th, 2006, 5:55 pm

dragonid

Total Posts: 38
dragonid's Reps: 0
Tried this a lil bit ago and when you break charm by dismissing the charmed creatures the hp goes from the red up to more then 50% health... died three times in a row by dismissing creature and every time the creature was restored 50+% health.... the only way that releasing your pet might be useful to get better xp is if you recharm it... when you do that your creature returns with 100% xp... but for that to be anywhat successfull it has to be a higher lvl ^^^ compared to what you are fighting and its once again risky with the two ^^^ looming at you and you are screwed if your root breaks which it does quite easily even mastered.

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 6:46 am

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Well... I can get about a level an hour with this method. I can take a video of my screen and post it if u'd like (obviously I'd block all personal information). This would be the easiest way to show everyone what I tried to explain above. Again if you need more explanation send me a pm or ask me to post more

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 8:43 am

rye777
rye777's Reps:
ya that has worked for a long time, but the problem is the charm mob comes back with way to much health. its a easy way to get the mob halfway on life. and with the root durations reduced nearly not worth !@#$%^&* with

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 3:29 pm

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Well... I dont know what kind of mobs you guys are attacking... but the mobs I have been going after are the same level as me or one lvl higher for an individual, not a mob that is for a group of 3 or more. Its working great for me which is why I shared it. Also, when you release your pet, you do not do it until they are really close to dieing... not the first second their health hits the red. Then as for the thing you were attacking, all you have to do is mez it as you kill your former pet... then when you kill the pet, then you can either charm the thing your pet had been attacking, or you can charm it and keep going.

Again its working well for me... and its hard to explain in words how to do it (as I can see from the somewhat negative posts...) Anyway, I'll work on getting a video posted in the near future to show how its done.

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 5:42 pm

kenbee11

Total Posts: 46
kenbee11's Reps: 0
this works very well made a coercer just to play around with this in just a under an hour i was lvl 19 so it works just have to know what your doing and pray something doesnt have a high magic resist on the roots :P

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 6:31 pm

dragonid

Maybe its just me but its kinda worthless to do all the trouble for a non heroic mob.... if you were using this and it was working for ^^^ mobs, that is what I was testing on and it does not work on ^^^ mobs... fighting a mob at equal or lesser non heroic lvls then yourself; the xp gains aren't too good once you get higher lvl compared to the time invested in killing that mob. If you buff your charmed pet and put it agains an equal lvled creature, your pet will kill the creature.

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 9:35 pm

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
Well, again, I'll reiterate that I posted this to help out others... if you don't like it you don't have to use it, but its working for me and i posted it so that others could hopefully benefit the way I am.

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 9:46 pm

dragonid

I'm just saying.. at lvl 46 I was doing the basket quests in TT soloing the flies serpents and the bees by beguiling a "red" mob ten lvls higher then me and having it fight an exact replica of itself... with the dps and hate buff between the two creatures my pet always won, even without my combat spells hitting it most of the time (they were red)... I got good xp for it too and it was cake to do... a non herioc pet can kill its exact counterpart three times over before it will die... It also depends on what lvl you are... fighting creatures from lvl's 1-20 is alot different from fighting creatures at lvls 30-70... you get significatnly more xp and it is very easy to lvl at those lower lvls.... if you don't mind me asking squirrely what lvl are you?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do what is working for you, but the way I am understanding your strategy there could be a more efficient way for you to use your character for quicker overall gains.

Posted: June 17th, 2006, 9:54 pm

squirrelycc

Active User > 50 Posts
I have a my main is a lvl 70 then I got one alt at lvl 52 and finally the one which I am reffering to with this post is a lvl 18 coercer at the moment.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online