top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Possible loophole in recent nerf : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 8 posts ] 
tault_daikal
July 12th, 2005, 5:33 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
This just may be the way i was doing it but it may also be a way past the recent nerf to farming mobs just near the entrance.
From what ive tested in the Gates of Kryta mission if i go down the hill past oink and kill the undead then go in to about the caves and let the group with 2 mesmers kill me then i never get a notice about killing the early mobs too often. However if i just map out and re-enter i get that notice after 2 or 3 runs.
The point is that if you die in a mission it doesnt seem to register you as farming.(Which makes sense.) This wouldnt work on normal soloable areas i dont think but could possibly make farming the drakes of Divinity Coast or anything else.

The other explanation is that every area would have a specific point you must reach before zoning out to prevent it from being farming ill try to test it more right now.

faeth924
July 13th, 2005, 5:24 am 

"then i never get a notice about killing the early mobs too often"

....huh? What do you mean you never get a notice? If you farm an area, do you get a notice telling u to stop?

tault_tzeench
July 13th, 2005, 9:13 am 

ya, if u farm an area for too long the game will actually tell u to stop and move on...kinda funny

faeth924
July 13th, 2005, 4:35 pm 

...wow.

I farm Scoundrel's Rise outside of North Kryta Province several times a day. Usually good for 1.5 plat every time. I have never gotten that message. Odd.

tault_defjam101
July 13th, 2005, 8:29 pm 

Do you just kill all the monsters or only a certain group or type?
it only works if you run in and kill all the Drakes, or all the Giants...Then rezone multiple times

Tault_admin
July 14th, 2005, 12:43 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

So can we confirm this one?

tault_daikal
July 14th, 2005, 12:52 am 

I spent a while yesterday farming drakes from divinity coast and never once was told i was farming them too much even after 57 runs. I never really farmed there very much before though so i have nothing to compare that to.

I did however do about 60 or more runs in kryta and found that if i did the run where i make it to the caves then just warp back to kryta the loots started getting poor after about the 7 or 8th run. But when i died at the caves rather than warp out the drops were far far better. For example my 7th run after warping out i gather roughly 20 bones and 150 gold off of the 10-12 hounds and how ever many warlocks/rangers and ghouls there are. But the average for each time i went ack after dying was at least 1 purple item, 200-300 gold and 60-100 bones. (Also when warping in 10 runs i never found 1 purple) Not to mention getting 1 gold about every 5 runs when i died.

I really need people more expirienced with farming of other mission areas to help test this. As i said i havent got much expirience in farming from missions and dont have much to compare my findings too very easily.

cameronfw
July 16th, 2005, 12:58 pm 

why are people still farming drakes... they drop crap all... they were nurfed a long time ago. there are much better things to farm that drop a lot more.

[ 8 posts ]