top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

hoh guide(please make me premium) : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 5 posts ] 
lilafricanboy1
July 25th, 2005, 2:04 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
‘Tomb of the Primeval Kings’ is easily the hardest pvp game in guild wars. With many different areas and objectives, this makes it the biggest and trickiest arena in the game. This guide is for first timers, beginners, novices, or even experienced guild wars players, so they will have a better chance to win vs. experienced players.

Q:Are you able to follow the team leaders’ instructions?

A: If you do not follow instructions well i suggest you dont go to HoH and go to the random competion arenas instead seen as little strategy is required there, where as in hoh if no one follows directions your team is a sitting duck.

Q: What do you get in ‘Tomb of the Primeval Kings?’

A: You gain some experience for killing monsters and enemy players. You also gain "fame" for every battle you win. The longer you stay in the tombs, and the more areas you win in a row, the more fame you’ll gain. you also will recieve a decent amount of faction and if lucky enough to win might even get sigli!! estimated 40k+!!!

Q: What does fame give?

A: when you reach a certain amount in fame *shown below* you can increase your rank. when you gain a rank you also will receive 1 skill point. when you are rank 3+ you can type "/rank" to show a cool animal anytime dependent on your rank.

Rank 1 – 25+ Fame Required ---- Title Gained = Champion of Tyria
Rank 2 – 75+ Fame Required ---- Title Gained = Impugner of the Underworld
Rank 3 – 180+ Fame Required --- Title Gained = Harbringer of Despair
Rank 4 – 360+ Fame Required --- Title Gained = Bringer of Darkness
Rank 5 – 600+ Fame Required --- Title Gained = Subjugator of the Masses
Rank 6 – 1000+ Fame Required -- Title Gained = Disrupter of the Afterlife

I hope the early questions and answers helped some of you.

Time to go tomb robbing!

But, before you go it is HIGHLY reqemmended to have 8 players and no henchies. Also your leadear might have a TS/VENT server set up and ask you to join. you can download TS"teamspeak" here www.goteamspeak.com
and you can download VENT"ventrillo" here www.ventrilo.com

***TS/VENT are very good communication programs even if you dont have mic download so you can listen to other members strategies***

There are many effective builds in HoH and here are a few that work:

5 AIR ELES 3 HEALING MONKS~~(This build is effective but requires GREAT teamwork and TS/VENT) the eles should have 16 air magic*superior air* and use chain lightning/lightning orb/lightning strike/air auttunment/aurora of restoration and whatever else you fell you could use to your benefit

4 WARRIORS 3 HEALERS 1 NECRO~~(This build you can see different varations of it basically the warriors need to all be w/e with hammer knockdown skills and ele after shock/ the necro will use death magic but stay in backround till he/she has corpses to work with and then putrid explosion and wipeout enemies)

5 RANGERS 3 HEALERS~~(This build is affective with ts/vent if you can set up 2 rangers to do AoE Spells like chocking gas and the rest just single target than you will demolish the opposition/ spirits are a must have and ALWAYS ALWAYS stay in your spirits range and let others attack you, be patient my friend)

Finnaly we get to do fun stuff!!!1oneone

well not quite yet... im sorry i know you want to play but first you will have be tested by having the tasks of having to kill some ghostly monsters. first take out the monks CONCENTRATE fire onto 1 monk and second he falls someone call target to other monk and take him down. after monks are down its smooth sailing. but remember the faster you do it the more morale your team will have when real battles begin max is <30 secs you get 10% morale boost!

1 vs. 1 Arena: Elimination Map 1

This map is designed for two teams. The both fight each other and try to kill the other team (not including the hero, meaning, you only have to eliminate the human players). If you manage to kill other team party you win.

Although, if you do manage to kill the enemy’s Ghostly Hero, you will receive a 10% moral boost

This map is not really that hard… since you only have to fight one other team.

Tip: The best tip I could give would be to kill the other team’s healers. if you didnt do well in the beginning and have low morale try kill there hero for the boost it really helps!

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 Arena: Capture the Altar (No. 1)

This map is kind of tricky because you have to take your hero to center of the map, so your hero can capture altar.

** PROTECT THE PRIEST **

This map is one of the more challenging maps, because you have two other teams that want to win, instead of just one as before.

First, some questions for you…

Q: If you go to center first, do you think the other two teams will fight each other first? or will they run ahead and attack your team first, to capture the altar for themselves?

Q: If you wait for the other two teams to fight each other first and you kill the last one when they are done, do you think other team will do the same? And what if they do?

A: Its always smart to stay back and let others fight even if you think they are doing the same do not worry!!!! when the time hits 2 mins remaining than charge center. take it and hold it for the little amount of time remaining if done correctly this is easy map

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 Arena: Capture the Altar (No. 2)

Almost the same as other map. You take your hero to the center and capture the altar, but the map is bigger than other one which makes it easier to win.

again do the same but make sure you dont wait to long to attack

1 vs. 1 Arena: Capture & Return the Relic (No. 1)

The team which offers the most relics to their hero wins the match when time is up.

**You’ll re-spawn every 2 minutes**

**Take Relics to Your Hero**

This map requires you to play somewhat defensive. First, you need to jump and kill all of other team members. While they wait for a two minute re-spawn, you must run the relic as much as possible. When the two minute timer is almost up, return to their re-spawn point, and slaughter them again. hopefully you made their dp so bad they cant fight back and you can walk to victory

If you have a hard time eliminating the other team, have six people hold them down while one 1 warrior/ranger with sprint runs the relic and your monk heals him/her.

1 vs. 1 Arena: Capture & Return the Relic (No. 2)

The team which offers the most relics to their hero wins the match when time is up.

** You’ll re-spawn every 2 minutes **

** Take Relics To Your Hero **

This map is almost the same as the previous relic running map, except its bigger… so there’s more running to do!

* Get the enemy relic, run back to your hero and offer it to him.
* Have someone wait at the center of the map, near the gate and open the gate as soon as they see their ‘relic runner’ approaching. When they get in, close it. Simple.

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 Arena: Elimination Map 2

This map requires you to eliminate the five other teams.

The last team standing is the winner.

** Protect Your Priest **

After you are in the map, you’ll only see one team. You can kill that team or wait until the other team kills another and comes to attack your team or the team close to you. What this means is, if you take too long to kill the team close to you, the winning team from the other 1 vs. 1 match will come over, and possibly take both you and your enemy team out. Depending on how good they actually are…

If I was your team leader, I would have this setup:

* Go out and kill the first team (*focus fire on enemy monks/healers first*)

if you take out most of their team 3+ than rush their priest if you its 30 secs for respawn or more and you can easily have that team wiped out. than move to obelisk and put flag in and wait for others to attack you.

Few more questions you might have…

Q: What if all eight of us are dead?

A: If you still have a priest, he will resurrect all member of your team every two minutes.

Q: What if seven of us are killed, we only have one monk left and no priest?

A: well you are pretty dead, only thing to do is run untill team moves away from dead allies and res them but if they come after you, better luck next time.

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 Arena: The Hall of Hero’s

(It can be 6 teams fighting, 3 teams fighting or even less. It’s based on how many people are in the map. Better chance of survival with less people, but it doesn’t always work out that way…)

I did not fight in this map very much, so the information known is very little, for now.

If you are lucky enough to get this far, your team will meet the toughest fight yet.

You will battle with 1 team first. After you kill that team, you can run your hero to the center and let him capture the altar. However, you can ignore the team and run to center but there is a low chance you’ll make with six teams facing each other. I guess there’s a low chance, but it’ll be very low!

This map has a count down timer, so the last teams’ hero that captures the center is the winner… Or you can eliminate the other five teams by kill their whole team, including their hero (Although, this is very tough too…).

if you manage to hold center when time runs out you will win and 3(I believe) siglis drop for random people *pray you get one for they sell 40k+!!!)

HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY GUIDE AND GOOD LUCK

**sorry if i mispelled some stuff -.-**

tault_defjam101
July 25th, 2005, 6:07 am 

This is really just common knowledge man...

It even tells you the objective of the rounds in the Tombs and the instruction manual...

tault_yakisoba_8
July 25th, 2005, 6:08 am 

HoH isn't hard if you have a good leader and a decent build. Just don't play with newbs/dumbasses who don't listen and you stand a decent chance, since there are quite a few pickup groups (pugs) who just met for the first time and all think they are the best !@#$%^&* to ever happen to GW.

I won three times in a row the other night.

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/9807/hoh15lh.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/6867/hoh28fl.jpg
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/207/hoh30nv.jpg

canteen
July 25th, 2005, 8:10 am 

u do realize, even when masking out the names on your team, you can still read them from the graphics?

Anyways, nice tutorial :)

tault_libertygone
July 25th, 2005, 2:32 pm 

submission not accepted, pretty common stuff to anyone who has played more than 4 rounds of the hall of heroes, and this is the kind of stuff that is usually found on the larger fansites. I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't the original author either, not to accuse you, but it happens a lot here. locking this thread

[ 5 posts ]