top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Cheep solo monk alternative : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 2 posts ] 
iplaygwtoomuch
September 14th, 2005, 2:52 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
Solo monks are great right? The first time i ever saw somone do this, straight away I rushed one as fast as i could because i knew they would nerf it (and of course eventually - they did). Over three days I skipped all of the bits I didnt need to do and rushed to only the places i needed to for the skills i needed and the missions i had to do. Within a night i made my money back once i had completed my monk.

Only problem is the cost of the initial setup of the solo monk, because everyone is doing it the price of the sup runes; say 7 to 20k normally is expensive. There is a cheeper alternative. Do it as mesmer, i tried this because i had a mesmer anyway and he needed experience (just changed my second). So i thought if i can do it as mesmer i can lvl and farm at the same time - kill two birds with 1 stone.

You can get your health down to 55 (5 sup runes and the same necro focuser) still and the best bit is - with mesmer being the least played profession, their sup runes are cheep as hell - like 300 at the most. So you can save a good 30 to 70k here.

Er....silliest thing here is if you are all premium members then im guessing you all already have a solo monk, but still its good if a freind is starting one - it can save them a fair bit of money starting one up.

If any of you are worrying about the loss in divine, then i assure you the fast cast makes up for it. My build is mending, essence, balth spirit, zealots, balth aura, healing breeze, orison and prot spirit. I only have mending to +3 and it does wrk no problems because you can spam breeze and orison alot faster, silmilarly you do less dmg in smiting but you are doing that damage alot faster though.

My attribute points are normally 6 or 7 in fast, 8 or 9 healing, 12 smiting and 8 protection.

Umm..so thats my contribution, if anyone has a mesmer here please try it you will see it works just as well with me/mo.

*If you are also doing the mino horn thing - mesmers like ele's get linen from the gloves.

How bout that premium please :D

faeth924
September 15th, 2005, 9:19 am 

Cash on hand: Locked
how bout no?

Did anyone NOT know that the monk solo build has a much cheaper but less effective alternative? Almost any other class has cheap(er) superior runes.

[ 2 posts ]