top right

TU Chat | View unanswered posts | View active topics  

Lost Strongbox and Frozen Chest : GW Submissions

All times are UTC - 8 hours

[ 10 posts ] 
leiklawl
January 17th, 2006, 5:04 pm 

Cash on hand: Locked
By now, I think alot of you people know about the Lost Strongbox outside of Thunderhead Keep, but both of these are better, and more profitable.

In Dreadnaught's Drift, there are 2 chests. Lost Strongbox, and Frozen Chest. The Lost Strongbox in Dreadnaught's Drift drops ALOT more items than the Lost Strongbox outside of Thunderhead Keep, and the quality is better. As you may be aware, the Lost Strongbox can drop ANY item, with any name.

The Lost Strongbox here is heavily guarded by loads of Stone Summit, including Heretics, so I've found an I-monk with Spellbreaker to be effective.

That's not all, there is still one more chest here. The Frozen Chest is on the higher ground on Dreadnaught's Drift. It drops multiple armors, mostly white and blue, with the possibility of Purple or Gold (I've gotten a Superior Vigor from it).

After reaching a certain point around the chest, several Tundra Giants will come swarming you. These are very farmable, and an I-monk with Balanced Stance and Shield of Judgement should make quick work of them.

I'd like to add that coming in from Snake's Dance is closer to the Frozen Chest, and there are lots of Tundra Giants (and Blessed Griffons) to greet you. These can be farmed, and I've gotten 5 golds from these Giants, and the Giants in Snake's Dance.

If this get's accepted, I will be able to make a more detailed guide about how to do the run, and will provide pictures.

shanusone
January 18th, 2006, 6:43 am 

i know of these chests. although i have nto farmed them i have not gotten anything higher than a blue out of either of them whenever i have opened them. but i did get a blue chaos axe out of one of these that was not bad for a blue. My question is how do you get yourimonk all the way up there I realize you use spellbreaker but there is quite a ways to go to get to this zone.

shanusone
January 18th, 2006, 6:47 am 

Also to make full use of the things you are describing requires 2 elites.

Tault_admin
January 18th, 2006, 9:53 am 
administrator
administrator
Mod in Training

Cash on hand:

yay or nay?

shanusone
January 18th, 2006, 12:54 pm 

I tried this with my imonk and even with balanced stance the giants and herders are extremely hard cuz of all the interuppts.

the chests are most defenitely there. i can't confirm getting purple or gold out of them. and maybe better with a runner instead of an imonk would take to long to get there.

i will have to do some runs to the chests and see what they give out over several attemps.

firekil
January 18th, 2006, 1:28 pm 

I know of these chests, but they have never dropped anything that was decent enough not to salvage. In a couple of hours its possibel to get over 20k gold and 35 stacks of materials if u salvage the stuff u egt from these chests. If the author, would provide us with a build, and a detaield way to get there and famr the chests, then i will say yay. For now though, nay. (its a good exploit, jsut has to be more detailed)

xipetotec
January 18th, 2006, 5:33 pm 

it's already been provided on ALL other GW sites, this area was nerfed with the Griffz back long ago

How come everytime some 1 post's their solo build on ONE other side, all the GW sites get flooded with peeps posting and claiming it to be theirs ?

lol, i just think it's funny

and BTW to do this right you need....SoJ, Rush, Sprint, Balz Spirit, Balanced Stance, breeze, mending, prot spirit----and you can still get about 40k in 2 hours if you stick to it, the trick is to die alot so you can get very lowwwww hp like 10 or less hp, it's pretty easy but WAS NERFED

tault_libertygone
January 23rd, 2006, 7:52 am 

nay then?

abezden
March 19th, 2006, 1:59 pm 

Lock this, they have been nerfed, no more chests here.

tault_libertygone
March 20th, 2006, 9:44 pm 

locked.

[ 10 posts ]